NASL's Minnesota Stars Now Minnesota United FC

-kj

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exciting! Minor league teams need not have minor league looks, and that's definitely what they've got now. Right after winning a title is as good a time as any to upgrade your look. Hope the new look can live up to the positive examples set by Ft. Lauderdale, Carolina, and the new team in San Antonio.

If I'm not mistaken, this is your favorite club, Mockba. Will be interesting to see a supporter's reaction to the new look when it's unveiled!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

I don't mind the logo they have currently, but as Shmee has posted the best time to change a logo if you are going to is after a Championship.

Needs more than one Star for a Stars logo.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

From the story on the website:

The highlight of the night will be the unveiling of an updated team logo. Kevin Joseph, a longtime fan and member of the Dark Clouds supporters? group, designed the new logo in collaboration with the Stars front office.

A little detail you neglected to mention, Kev? :P

Who? What? Huh? :D

I didn't want to totally blow my own horn... but, yeah, that's me. I've been working with the team on this for months. We weren't certain the league was going to approve a change (the Stars are currently league-owned), but they got on board with it.

No spoilers from me; you'll just have to wait until after 7:30pm tonight.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As much as I love that football crests are moving into the MLS and NASL, the Minnesota Stars' current crest is just...bad. There's literally no way that their new crest could be any worse than their current.

EDIT: Oh, Mockba designed it? This should be fantastic. :grin:

spacer.png

Who? What? Huh? :D

I didn't want to totally blow my own horn... but, yeah, that's me. I've been working with the team on this for months. We weren't certain the league was going to approve a change (the Stars are currently league-owned), but they got on board with it.

No spoilers from me; you'll just have to wait until after 7:30pm tonight.

Wow! Congratulations! It must be awesome to design the logos for one of your favorite teams.

spacer.png

Similar, yes.

FYI, the supporters group is going to try and stream it. It won't be high quality, but it'll be... something.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mndarkclouds

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Notice that it's not just a new logo but an outright rebrand, from "NSC Minnesota Stars" to "Minnesota Stars FC".

And yes, Mockba has killed it with that new crest! The tertiary sky blue makes it a lot livelier than the original black-accented crest.

CCSLC signature.png

Stars-2012-Full-Color-218x300.jpg

Well done Mockba!

That is freaking awesome looking, well done indeed Mockba. The light blue works so much better than the black, and the fact that it doesnt have a cheesy gradient makes this 100x better than the old one. I also like the name change too, has a better ring to it.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived