Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the other hand, the Canadian soccer team just got a hell of a lot stronger with these five new players.

If they can even play for Canada.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On the other hand, the Canadian soccer team just got a hell of a lot stronger with these five new players.

I doubt it, they'll probably all go to the States, it's easier for Cuban's to claim refugee status there. And well, Cuba was currently the last place team in this qualifying group anyways.

Junior Hoillet and Jonathon De Guzman deciding to play for Canada would be a help though.

I was under the impression that internationals could switch nations just once. There was a guy who played for Ireland's youth teams, but plays for Libya's first team internationally.

Once you've played a meaningful game on the senior level for one country (pretty much anything but a friendly) you're tied to that country. Since they chose to leave Cuba, all those players will likely be cap-tied to Cuba. There's a similar case in Sounders player Osvaldo Alonso who defected and would like to play for the United State but is still tied to Cuba.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I was under the impression that internationals could switch nations just once. There was a guy who played for Ireland's youth teams, but plays for Libya's first team internationally.

Once you've played a meaningful game on the senior level for one country (pretty much anything but a friendly) you're tied to that country. Since they chose to leave Cuba, all those players will likely be cap-tied to Cuba. There's a similar case in Sounders player Osvaldo Alonso who defected and would like to play for the United State but is still tied to Cuba.

Still tied to Cuba? So he won't be eventually?

Still tied to Cuba? So he won't be eventually?

From what I know he wants to play for the United States but FIFA hasn't budged on making him eligible. It might all just be wishful thinking that he could ever actually play for the US.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

In lower-league action, the NASL semi-finals wrapped up this weekend; Tampa Bay and Minnesota will play in the two-legged final starting next weekend in Minnesota.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I doubt it, they'll probably all go to the States, it's easier for Cuban's to claim refugee status there. And well, Cuba was currently the last place team in this qualifying group anyways.

Junior Hoillet and Jonathon De Guzman deciding to play for Canada would be a help though.

Jonathan came out and said he's going to try to get capped with the Netherlands earlier this year, so I think that dream is gone for Canadians, but Junior Hoillet would be amazing, he seems to be staying on the fence and speculation (take it for what it's worth) is that he's waiting to see if Canada gets to the hex before he commits.

I say either he commits for the hex or he doesn't and Canada moves on without him permanently.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Another year of World Cup qualifying has come and gone, and Canada fails once again. I get that it's hard for any North American Country to go into a Central American Country and get a win, let alone a point. But Honduras is taking Canada to the woodshed 4-0 just after a half hour.

This goes back to that game in June, where Canada outplayed Honduras and couldn't get a win. It's a broken record, and I'm sick of it.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

In lower-league action, the NASL semi-finals wrapped up this weekend; Tampa Bay and Minnesota will play in the two-legged final starting next weekend in Minnesota.

I really hope they can get an owner for that club; it would be awful for the Stars to win back-to-back titles and wash out of the league.

6-0. None of these goals are the fault of Lars Hirschfeld.

You're still watching? You're a better fan than I.

I am waiting to see Stephen Hart's face.

Like you said. I hope Hoilett and De Guzman never show their face around here again. I find it laughable that both think they can play for England and the Netherlands respectively.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived