2012 BCS championship shirts

dbadefense1990

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's nothing like good wordplay humor. These shirts are also nothing like good wordplay humor.

Orange_You_Glad...............-jt54jf-d.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I don't mind that these exist, but I think I'd prefer them not be the "official" shirts.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

9335-2.jpg

That should have been on their helmet.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I don't mind them at all. It's something fun, it relates somewhat to pop culture. Isn't that what college athletics is supposed to be? Kids having fun? I think it's miles better than the crowded shirts that we usually see from championships with script fonts, block fonts, dates, team logos, championship/trophy logos, etc.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

9335-2.jpg

9336-2.jpg

Do the other teams have different stuff from Nike?

No. Last year was the only time I have seen another team get a special bowl season shirt by Nike like Oregon got (in addition to the regular ones made for all BCS schools). And that was TCU getting a 13-0 shirt. The numbers were in the team's jersey font and the dash was a horned frog.

It should have been this

Rose- SMELLED THE ROSES

FIESTA- FIESTA FELIZ

Sugar- SUGAR DADDIES!

ORANGE-ORANGE JUICED!

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- PROPERTY OF SEC!

those i actually like. Orange could use work but great ideas

Nobody is going to make a shirt that could be interpreted as associating juicing with athletes. The "sugar daddies" one could be construed as inappropriate, as well.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

It should have been this

Rose- SMELLED THE ROSES

FIESTA- FIESTA FELIZ

Sugar- SUGAR DADDIES!

ORANGE-ORANGE JUICED!

BCS NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP- PROPERTY OF SEC!

those i actually like. Orange could use work but great ideas

Nobody is going to make a shirt that could be interpreted as associating juicing with athletes. The "sugar daddies" one could be construed as inappropriate, as well.

^ party killer. lol

I only like the Sugar Bowl shirts...as for the others...points for trying but not a fan.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The only good one is "Rose to Power", the others were soooo lame. I'm surprised Nike made a special shirt for Michigan (an Adidas school).

They were all bad, but "Rose to Power" was the second worst behind "Nacho Victory"...

The only good one is "Rose to Power", the others were soooo lame. I'm surprised Nike made a special shirt for Michigan (an Adidas school).

They done it for every BCS champ for years (including Auburn in the NCG last year).

9335-2.jpg

That should have been on their helmet.

Seconded. That's exactly what should have been on the helmet. Really cool logo.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived