2012 BCS championship shirts

dbadefense1990

I am sure that'll change one day.

No, it won't. The Rose Bowl is among the most sacred of traditions in sports, like the Yankees' pinstripes or the Canadiens' CH logo. It will always be "The Rose Bowl Game presented by X." Never the "X Rose Bowl Game."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it won't. The Rose Bowl is among the most sacred of traditions in sports, like the Yankees' pinstripes or the Canadiens' CH logo. It will always be "The Rose Bowl Game presented by X." Never the "X Rose Bowl Game."

I hope you're right, but that game was the last to fight the sponsorship and eventually caved...And even it it is "The Rose Bowl Presented by X" I don't know that that means you wont see that on the T's...

In fact "Vizio" was on the jersey patches this year.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I hope you're right, but that game was the last to fight the sponsorship and eventually caved...And even it it is "The Rose Bowl Presented by X" I don't know that that means you wont see that on the T's...

It's been that way for a while:

Rose+Bowl+Ohio+State+v+Oregon+vjaMoOc7fjHl.jpg

"Presented by X" is a reasonable compromise between sponsorship and tradition. It'll never go farther than that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 1/8/2012 at 2:03 AM, CRichardson said:
On 1/8/2012 at 2:00 AM, OnWis97 said:
On 1/8/2012 at 1:39 AM, CRichardson said:
On 1/8/2012 at 1:22 AM, OnWis97 said:

It's been that way for a while:

"Presented by X" is a reasonable compromise between sponsorship and tradition. It'll never go farther than that.

My original point was that the corporate logo will make the t-shirts one day. Since it's on the jersey patches (which is roughly as sacred)...I think it'll be on the Ts. If you understood my point, we'll agree to disagree.

If you thought that I was saying it will be the "X Rose Bowl" one day, I was not (though in thinking about it, I would not be stunned if that changed at some point)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Ok, I misunderstood you. You're right, the corporate logo will end up on the t-shirts. My original point still stands though.

-Sweet as Sugar

-Tiempo Para La Fiesta (might be in bad taste though, since AZ has some highly questionable laws regarding Hispanics)

-Smell the Roses

-We Took Our Talents to South Beach (the Orange Bowl is hard to work with)

Boom. Hire me Nike.

leave the politics out of this thread, kthanxbai

-Sweet as Sugar

-Tiempo Para La Fiesta (might be in bad taste though, since AZ has some highly questionable laws regarding Hispanics)

-Smell the Roses

Boom. Hire me Nike.

You're the only one bringing politics back up in this thread. The rest of us were content to ignore that comment, but no. You had to go bring it up again.

Good job.

spacer.png

-Sweet as Sugar

-Smell the Roses

Boom. Hire me Nike.

You're the only one bringing politics back up in this thread. The rest of us were content to ignore that comment, but no. You had to go bring it up again.

Good job.

There's no need to be a jerk about it. Let it go.

Honestly not because I'm a auburn fan.I think that last years hat was a lot better with the sublimated crystal ball trophy in the background

They have one of those for this year, too: http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Alabama_Crimson_Tide/Nike_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_2011_BCS_National_Champions_Trophy_Celebration_T-Shirt_-_Crimson

Also, really like the crystal on the 2009 version: http://www.footballfanatics.com/COLLEGE_Alabama_Crimson_Tide/Nike_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_Ash_2009_BCS_National_Champions_Official_Locker_Room_T-shirt

Here is the National Championship Shirt. I love this shirt.

52-69911-Y.jpg

52-69921-Y.jpg

Well, that shirt is infinitely better than the other Bowl Champs t-shirts, but that hat is worse.

yea i dig the shirt. any reason for number 14?

not liking the hat. i dont think the connotation of "one and done" goes with being a champion

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived