Orlando Solar Bears

twi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as much as I hate anything hockey blow the mason/dixon... I love these! Perfect identity, stays unique and fun without being overly cheesy or 'dated'

Well :censored: you too. Seriously, that's one of the most ignorant things anyone can say while still claiming to be a fan. If you love the sport, wouldn't you want it to grow, spread, and succeed everywhere?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

as much as I hate anything hockey blow the mason/dixon... I love these! Perfect identity, stays unique and fun without being overly cheesy or 'dated'

Well :censored: you too. Seriously, that's one of the most ignorant things anyone can say while still claiming to be a fan. If you love the sport, wouldn't you want it to grow, spread, and succeed everywhere?

I don't love the sport. I'm required to be a fan based on where I live (MN). I was joking anyway.

I DO however think that a lot of southern NHL teams should move to Canada/northwest. I've been to a few games in southern cities and the atmosphere is awful compared to places that actually understand/appreciate the sport.

I don't love the sport. I'm required to be a fan based on where I live (MN). I was joking anyway.

I DO however think that a lot of southern NHL teams should move to Canada/northwest. I've been to a few games in southern cities and the atmosphere is awful compared to places that actually understand/appreciate the sport.

I'm Canadian, but I disgree with a lot of what you've said. NHL hockey has worked really well in Tampa, Nashville, and Carolina. Often the atmosphere in those buildings is better because the fans are crazier. If you go to a Canucks game in Vancouver, everyone sits there quietly, but in southern markets, fans are standing and cheering all the time.

It's also worth noting three of the best attended AHL teams are in Texas, while many southern ECHL teams draw well too.

i think the sun/o would have been much stronger without the somewhat generic paw, but that may have been a client request - i'm tired of seeing a paw logo for every bear/cat/bearcat/weasel/otter, etc.

the swimming polar bear that isn't being used is fantastic...a little derivative of a logo i've seen before (lake monsters of some sort, maybe), but effing brilliant an beautiful...shoulda been used

overall this package is about as good as a polar bear in orlando could ever expect to be

Fort as long as I knew about the original team, it wasn't until I read the last sentence of the above post that I realized "solar bear" was a play on the word "polar bear".

I need to smack my own daggone self for that one. :wacko:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I like it, but the sun seems a bit excessive and overbearing to me. I know it's widely frowned upon here, but I really liked the gradient in the sun of the old logo (and the palm trees). I wish they would have kept those here with the new and improved polar bear.

I like it, but the sun seems a bit excessive and overbearing to me. I know it's widely frowned upon here, but I really liked the gradient in the sun of the old logo (and the palm trees). I wish they would have kept those here with the new and improved polar bear.

That is why it works so well for central Florida.

I'm Canadian, but I disgree with a lot of what you've said. NHL hockey has worked really well in Tampa, Nashville, and Carolina. Often the atmosphere in those buildings is better because the fans are crazier. If you go to a Canucks game in Vancouver, everyone sits there quietly, but in southern markets, fans are standing and cheering all the time.

It's also worth noting three of the best attended AHL teams are in Texas, while many southern ECHL teams draw well too.

But those few are the exception, not the rule. I've been to games in Cali, Atlanta, Dallas, etc and the atmosphere was terrible. The only thing anyone wanted to see was a fight. I've also been to games in Minnesota, Chicago, out east, etc and they were all great.

• 2 months later...

I don't approve of the differing crests, but the color scheme is nice. The orange really adds something. Something orange. Since the whole idea of this Solar Bears reboot is to recapture the warm and fuzzy feelings of the 1990s team, the purple and teal work well here. Hard to fully judge the striping till it's on a body.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't approve of the differing crests, but the color scheme is nice. The orange really adds something. Something orange. Since the whole idea of this Solar Bears reboot is to recapture the warm and fuzzy feelings of the 1990s team, the purple and teal work well here. Hard to fully judge the striping till it's on a body.

Thats what kills me is the striping :shocked:

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

SolarBearsJersey.jpg

Very disapointing uniforms

For a design that doesn't have any hem stripes and appears to have some sort of apron strings, I actually like what I'm seeing here, especially on the purple.

FAKE EDIT: Aaaaand they :censored: up the back with contrasting name plates and block numbers that overlap the template.

318175_293496110726547_203646276378198_695531_1417666401_n.jpg

This isn't a hard fix. You get rid of the dumbass nameplates, and you switch to a narrower font, like what the Sharks wore pre-Edge. You don't use the widest damn block stock font available. This should be simple to anyone with two working eyes. Why isn't it?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived