twi

Orlando Solar Bears

Why the hell does every team insist on the contrasting nameplates now? I think it is visually jarring, I haven't liked it on ANY team that has used it but somehow every new uniform that comes out has to use it. What ever happened to "Oh, damn, everybody and their brother is doing that, let's do this". And I agree about the number font touching the striping/paneling on the jersey, very bad. It's too bad, too, cuz I do like the color choice and the crest that just uses the bear head and sun looks fantastic.

UniJ

Like Sodboy said, they really f'ed up the backs. I like both jerseys without name and numbers.

Flyers orange is the one and only instance where contrasting nameplates should be used. No other application drastically improves single-layer contrast and stylishly conveys not giving a damn about the finer details of appearance.

What a shame that such a beautiful set of logos is matched with such terrible unis.

Contraring nameplates don't work 9/10 times and this is certainly no exception.

OH MY GOD! Solar Bears... It's like polar bears! Neat update.

Why the hell does every team insist on the contrasting nameplates now? I think it is visually jarring, I haven't liked it on ANY team that has used it but somehow every new uniform that comes out has to use it. What ever happened to "Oh, damn, everybody and their brother is doing that, let's do this". And I agree about the number font touching the striping/paneling on the jersey, very bad. It's too bad, too, cuz I do like the color choice and the crest that just uses the bear head and sun looks fantastic.

UniJ

And no downstyle NOB like the original, either. If there was one thing about the original Solar Bears identity they should've kept, it's that.

(FYI: Downstyle means: Name. As opposed to ALL CAPS.)

And no downstyle NOB like the original, either. If there was one thing about the original Solar Bears identity they should've kept, it's that.

Oh yeah, all caps every time, for sure. And the original Solar Bears number font was pretty cool.

Complaints arounf town, the Name should have been the same and the logos suck

Oh yeah, all caps every time, for sure. And the original Solar Bears number font was pretty cool.

2975993140098934225S500x500Q85.jpg

OH MY GOD! Solar Bears... It's like polar bears! Neat update.

Welcome to 1995 ^_^

2 of the ECHL's newest teams both have contrasting nameplates. Why? The only jerseys it works for is the Flyers and the Sabres third. This trend is really getting out of control.

2 of the ECHL's newest teams both have contrasting nameplates. Why? The only jerseys it works for is the Flyers and the Sabres third. This trend is really getting out of control.

Just like BFBS and Fauxback jerseys.Or teams introducing a new colour to there scheme(Florida, Islanders).

If you've worn contrasting nameplate before, then you get a pass (in other words the Flyers and...um...the Flyers). Otherwise, don't. The Sabres ruined an otherwise great jersey with a contrasting nameplate. If the Solar Bears just ditched that and used a template similar to the original, they'd be golden.

Orlando introduced their third jersey over the weekend, and it's all Solar, no Bears:

osb1_zps1f3dd475.jpg

osb2_zps9740a0e7.jpg

This minimalist, orange-centric approach could have worked if they'd have made the outer outline of the numerals black, instead of orange-white-orange. There needs to be a bit more contrast. Oh, and they feature both affiliates on the shoulder patches: Houston Aeros on the left shoulder, Minnesota Wild on the right.

Wow, that minimalist jersey design and logo really deviates from their regular look.

When the Set 1 jerseys get sent out I'll have some close ups of the purple jerseys, if anyone's interested.

I like the idea, but it does need some purple. Also: ENOUGH OF THE STUPID CONTRASTING NAMEPLATES ALREADY.

A sun "O" is an inspired choice.

Love it, though I agree that they should have incorporated their entire color scheme.

Orlando introduced their third jersey over the weekend, and it's all Solar, no Bears:

osb1_zps1f3dd475.jpg

osb2_zps9740a0e7.jpg

This minimalist, orange-centric approach could have worked if they'd have made the outer outline of the numerals black, instead of orange-white-orange. There needs to be a bit more contrast. Oh, and they feature both affiliates on the shoulder patches: Houston Aeros on the left shoulder, Minnesota Wild on the right.

It actually looks really good because of it's simplistic design in contrast to the regular sets which features many colors. Here's the regulars for comparison.

126.jpg

1020_NCSP_DA_EVERBLADES48_t607.JPG