When the alternate looks better than the primary

johnnysama

110040725slide.jpg

vancouverthird.jpg

dahlquistinflames.jpg

The Columbus Blue Jackets also promoted their Ohio-flag crest from an alt to the primary (the year the league switched to RBK Edge, IIRC). This was a huge upgrade over both their pre-existing logos (the red "CBJ" and the bug).

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oreilly.jpeg

An unpopular opinion around here, I'm sure, but I like how Colorado has used old-school-looking jerseys for their alternates, and with a few tweaks (mainly, a hem stripe), this could be great. Still, it is the best jersey the Avs currently wear, as their primary set is one of the worst in the NHL.

Theres waay too much black on these for a supposed old school ininspired look. Though I agree they look better than the primaries... though thats kind of like debating the prettiest waitress at denny's.

Skins70thannivunis.jpg

Every Skins fan should agree on these. (**) I'm suprised Reebok still sells and price these jerseys like we still wear them in our current set. Oh well it wont matter after the draft later on.

Yuck! I'm a Redskins fan, and I hate those uniforms with a passion. I find nothing about it appealing.

Agreed, awful uniforms.

123xa2.png

oreilly.jpeg

An unpopular opinion around here, I'm sure, but I like how Colorado has used old-school-looking jerseys for their alternates, and with a few tweaks (mainly, a hem stripe), this could be great. Still, it is the best jersey the Avs currently wear, as their primary set is one of the worst in the NHL.

Theres waay too much black on these for a supposed old school ininspired look. Though I agree they look better than the primaries... though thats kind of like debating the prettiest waitress at denny's.

Well, Mr...I happen to be sitting in a Denny's right now (as I post this), and I can most assuredly tell you that some of the waitresses here are pretty dagg--okay, I see your point. ^_^

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think the Kings' purple crown logo looks better than the LA penciltip logo, but the penciltip jersey looks a lot better.

Also, the Ducks' 3rd is their best.

'

to tell you the truth that jersey was based off there most ugly jersey (wild wing). look at them and tell me you cant see the resemblance.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

Skins70thannivunis.jpg

Every Skins fan should agree on these. (**) I'm suprised Reebok still sells and price these jerseys like we still wear them in our current set. Oh well it wont matter after the draft later on.

Yuck! I'm a Redskins fan, and I hate those uniforms with a passion. I find nothing about it appealing.

Agreed, awful uniforms.

the only thing i like about this uniform is the Helmet logo. the maroon and gold are both too dark in today's time... plus, the numbers are too boring to be used as a full time set

ljsvjjb9bbxvu8n54prrqsqrt.gif

x8dxgo0eh0zensmq7icp.gif

1258.gif

Strangely, while the above logo is their best logo, this is their best jersey.

Daniel+Alfredsson+Boston+Bruins+v+Ottawa+Senators+nk7wILxebwml.jpg

sjsa-marleau.jpg?pictureId=4065346&asGalleryImage=true

And I still think that, with a shade lighter blue, and changing "NEW YORK" to "RANGERS", this is superior to any Rangers jersey ever worn.

ceremony.png?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1289622435816

Guess that belongs more in the "unpopular opinion" thread.

oBIgzrL.png

I've always been a fan of Atlanta's red jersey and black pants combo.

1003368.jpg

+1

Great look, while with white pants I find the Falcons to look bland and generic.

I'd love to see the Falcons with the current logo, switch back to red helmets and black uniforms, but this combination is A-OK.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I've always been a fan of Atlanta's red jersey and black pants combo.

1003368.jpg

i love this combo as well... i cant wait til their current throwback alts are able to be changed back to the black version of these jerseys... i love this set. the black pants add a certain freshness to any jersey they wear them with

Archived