NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another shot of Manning.

ManningResized--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

This does not look good at all.

I do not like the collar the stripes on the pants or the socks.

jesus sometimes Nike could f-k up a wet fart. those pants stripes may as well wrap around the whole leg. at least Manning knows how to tailor a uniform correctly

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Another shot of Manning.

jesus sometimes Nike could f-k up a wet fart. those pants stripes may as well wrap around the whole leg. at least Manning knows how to tailor a uniform correctly

Looks pretty bad, and the jersey pointies do too. The collar...good grief. And Peyton's starting to look like a six-four kicker with that gut. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Skins Robert Griffin III rookie card has him in all white unform, not seen since... 2007? End of the gold pants, but at least everything matches now. Id expect gold pants in the throwbacks though.

It also has him in a Reebok jersey and throwing the ball without holding the laces.

They have not used white-on-white in years and I hope it stays that way. I hated that look, 5-game win streak into the playoffs or not.

http://www.realredskins.com/.a/6a015432d86661970c016765fb4799970b-500wi

87Redskins.png

^ On that point, I agree...Redskins white-on-white never needs to see the field ever again. Ever.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Skins Robert Griffin III rookie card has him in all white unform, not seen since... 2007? End of the gold pants, but at least everything matches now. Id expect gold pants in the throwbacks though.

It also has him in a Reebok jersey and throwing the ball without holding the laces.

They have not used white-on-white in years and I hope it stays that way. I hated that look, 5-game win streak into the playoffs or not.

They had Reggie Bush wearing #5 too so don't put too much stock in it.

bush_psa10_topps5.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

You know what would look better than these new uniforms?

broncos.jpg

This look would be awesome if the Broncos were a division II college football program.

I have to agree. I wish my 'Hawks would learn, too.

that is one of the worst photoshops ive ever seen

broncos.jpg

This look would be awesome if the Broncos were a division II college football program.

rp_primary_8R0E1045.jpg

I'm not sure if I should take offence because we're a D2 school that uses that look or not....

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

broncos.jpg

rp_primary_8R0E1045.jpg

I'm not sure if I should take offence because we're a D2 school that uses that look or not....

Well, to me, that's just what a monochrome uniform always says... "small time program". Because, traditionally, a lot of high schools and small colleges would wear dark pants, home and road, to save on laundry costs. Grass stains take time and bleach, and pants get relatively dirtier than jerseys. A lot of the uniform traditions we take for granted have a fairly mundane origin. Gray road uniforms in baseball were also originally a laundry issue.

I know we're way past any of that being a concern today, and no team choosing a monochrome look today is giving any thought to the cost of cleaning, but in my eyes, the stigma remains.

The NFL is the highest level of football, and IMO the conventions of an NFL uniform should reflect that. There's a standard that's been set (and whatever you think, to me, that's NOT the same as "everyone should look alike"). Its the same in other sports... what I might consider to be a wonderful logo for a minor league baseball team would be an abomination on a major league team. A farm team of the New Jersey Devils can put a crazy cartoon devil playing hockey on their sweater... the New Jersey Devils themselves cannot. And an NFL team should not be confused with an Arena team, a high school team, or a second tier college school trying to attract hyperactive teenagers to their program.

Another shot of Manning.

I meant I did not like that the socks are blue should be orange dominant & blue at the bottom if you are going with the Orange as primary but that is the least of their problems

Another shot of Manning.

I meant I did not like that the socks are blue should be orange dominant & blue at the bottom if you are going with the Orange as primary but that is the least of their problems

Like this, I'd agree with you. But as soon as he puts that navy helmet on, the blue socks become absolutely necessary.

broncos.jpg

rp_primary_8R0E1045.jpg

Well, to me, that's just what a monochrome uniform always says... "small time program". Because, traditionally, a lot of high schools and small colleges would wear dark pants, home and road, to save on laundry costs. Grass stains take time and bleach, and pants get relatively dirtier than jerseys. A lot of the uniform traditions we take for granted have a fairly mundane origin. Gray road uniforms in baseball were also originally a laundry issue.

I know we're way past any of that being a concern today, and no team choosing a monochrome look today is giving any thought to the cost of cleaning, but in my eyes, the stigma remains.

The NFL is the highest level of football, and IMO the conventions of an NFL uniform should reflect that. There's a standard that's been set (and whatever you think, to me, that's NOT the same as "everyone should look alike"). Its the same in other sports... what I might consider to be a wonderful logo for a minor league baseball team would be an abomination on a major league team. A farm team of the New Jersey Devils can put a crazy cartoon devil playing hockey on their sweater... the New Jersey Devils themselves cannot. And an NFL team should not be confused with an Arena team, a high school team, or a second tier college school trying to attract hyperactive teenagers to their program.

And yet your sig is two teams wearing the exact same uniform. Do you really want that? The NFL is the top tier, but they should have a say as to what they can wear and what not to wear, not us. Yes, it might not be traditional, but times change!

I'm aware that time change and (although I doubt some board members will believe this), I'm really OK with it.

You missed a sentence that I threw in there because I knew that this specific charge was coming. I'm not sure why my saying that I believe leagues have uniform standards/conventions that teams should stay relatively close to is the same as saying everybody should wear the same thing. I didn't say that... I've never said that, and yet that seems to be what some people want to hear... OK, whatever. The Colts look nothing like the 49ers, who look nothing like the Buccaneers, who look nothing like the Redskins, who look nothing like Bears. But they all have uniforms that, (once again, in my opinion) look like something an NFL team would wear. To me, its not even a modern vs traditional thing. The Patriots have a modern template, but they don't (often, anyway) muck it up by wearing blue on blue, and when they wear their dark pants they, without fail, switch their socks out for contrast. That's just two examples of following a standard that says NFL, to me.

Archived