NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was gonna mention that about the NFL equipment logo is still around because it was on the back of one the New Era Jaguars hats I just purchased about 2 weeks ago. I just couldn't upload a picture. I really need to get a PC with Internet.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I was gonna mention that about the NFL equipment logo is still around because it was on the back of one the New Era Jaguars hats I just purchased about 2 weeks ago. I just couldn't upload a picture. I really need to get a PC with Internet.

yeah, the "training Camp" hats have the equipment logo on the back

spacer.png

spacer.png

Got my Giants jersey in the mail today (in Australia).

Love it! So much better than the Reebok pieces of :censored: I had. It is much more similar to the Rugby League jerseys we have here so maybe that is why I like them sooooo much more.

I think the only real problem is for teams that chose the to keep their collars and then block it off for the flywire. The Bills retail jerseys look somewhat acceptable but I think fans will find the on field look to be unacceptable with 11 players on the field and the entire sideline with these giant stretched out half collars that look nothing like the retail versions of the jerseys.

I will be curious to see the Bills, Chargers, Ravens, Bengals, Vikings, Bucs, and Saints onfield version. I hope Nike and the teams make some slight adjustments to these ridiculous collars for the actual uniforms.

newcollar.jpg

So I went to my local Dick's today and saw some of the new Nike Game jerseys (Falcons). I will say that I am highly impressed and consider them a massive upgrade over the previous Reeboks. Nearly everything I saw in them was significantly better. I wanted to try one on to see how they'd fit me (in the event that I order one soon), but they had some pretty serious anti-theft roping that would have required assistance removing if I wanted to try it on. I bypassed that and just looked at them. I'll highlight what I saw.

The material has a very nice feel to it that comes across as high quality and has a substantial enough weight to it without being heavy. It did not look weird to see the jersey without mesh across the front and back panels. It just looked right.

The NFL shield at the neckline is pretty sweet. It is no longer stitched and is more of a plastic/rubber material that is raised to varying heights depending which part of the shield it is. It pops VERY nicely and looks clean. Even though it is plastic, it does not look cheap. I very much liked the look of it over the smaller shield that used to be on the poorly stitched NFL Equipment patches.

The seamless neck tag was nice. No irritation, cleaner neckline. Cool.

All applied graphics appear VERY substantial and look like they won't be peeling off for years. Definitely better than the Reeboks and the subtraction of the mesh means that the graphics appear without all the pierced mesh holes through them. They look clean. Definitely not a standard "screenprint", but like Nike said, more of like a silicon, thick (but not heavy) print that does not appear like it will come off easily.

I liked the sheen of the jersey. The Reeboks seemed to have a lot of shine to them that I did not like. The Nike materials appear much more flat.

The sizing of the jerseys does appear to be more of a normal fit rather than the bulky size of the Reeboks. This was honestly my biggest pet peeve of the past jerseys. I think I could actually wear one without looking like I'm wearing a dress.

All in all, I consider these to be a substantial upgrade over the past models and will be looking to pick up a Matty Ice for the upcoming season. I don't think it'll take people long to get used to the lack of mesh panels (beyond the side inserts). I already prefer the lack of them on the Nike piece. I wish I took some pictures, but didn't think to at the time. However, here's a shot I found on Twitter for reference.

AsVT9aDCEAAZ5mQ.jpg

With Washington's new "leather" helmets, how long will it take until a team like the Lions or Bengals have "fur" on theirs? I think this new helmet just started a massive domino effect.

Shoot me now.

I hear you. I'm ok if it enhances the intent of the uniform (i.e. the Packers switching their throwback to the "leather" style helmet) but I am afraid this is going become too gimmicky. Next thing you know, the Jets' helmet will resemble the metal/bolts used on an actual airplane.

Maybe the Pack could use helmets with cheese texture! Now that would be cool!

Not really.

Cheese heads are a subsection of the fan base, just like the Dawg Pound. Neither belongs on a helmet.

It's where I sit.

Archived