NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I think the above photo is misleading because the hair really takes away from the collar. Remember the photo of Ray Rice with the same jersey on??

Yeah I think the collars will appear to stretch out wider and be more pronounced once you put some pads on.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious as to why Nike engineered those PCSoD collars to be so wide to begin with.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

ArxpTv9CEAAqFLw.jpg

One of these uniforms looks like a football uniform.

And judging by their faces, the Manning boys know precisely which one that is.

Yeah! You see the funny there is that the Broncos don't look like the 1950 Packers so that means it's not like a REAL football uniform! Zing! Oh and then Manning looks like he's totally embarrassed cause he's wearing that, you know, totally NOT a football uniform uniform! LOLOLOL!

Seriously.

That was so awesome that you said that total awesome zinger.

ArxpTv9CEAAqFLw.jpg

One of these uniforms looks like a football uniform.

And judging by their faces, the Manning boys know precisely which one that is.

Yeah! You see the funny there is that the Broncos don't look like the 1950 Packers so that means it's not like a REAL football uniform! Zing! Oh and then Manning looks like he's totally embarrassed cause he's wearing that, you know, totally NOT a football uniform uniform! LOLOLOL!

Seriously.

That was so awesome that you said that total awesome zinger.

Yeah, and you bringing in this clever comeback sure added a lot, too. :rolleyes:

I'm curious as to why Nike engineered those PCSoD collars to be so wide to begin with.

I'm sure it's just a total coincidence that those Nikelaces are thick enough and distinctive enough and perfectly placed so as to prominently feature in each player's standard headshot/introduction video...

Broncos practice uniforms.

378632cdc3e38481af0f76c4b73a7119-getty-144199896.jpg

0ee2a8cefe497268091d4f13032b6e29-getty-144196476.jpg

Btw did Nike not provide the coaches with the new jackets and hooded sweat shirts yet? Broncos coaches still wearing Reebok gear.

ap-201205111402505643804.jpg

ap-201205111401505023800.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Btw did Nike not provide the coaches with the new jackets and hooded sweat shirts yet? Broncos coaches still wearing Reebok gear.

It's not even summer yet. Why should Nike be expected to have sweatshirts and winter coats available in May?

It's not even summer yet. Why should Nike be expected to have sweatshirts and winter coats available in May?

I dunno, maybe because they are the new provider for all things NFL now when it comes to apparel.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Strange, I don't know about the rest of the league but Cleveland's staff has been wearing Nike gear all weekend. Have also seen photos of Jets, Lions, and Cowboys coaches wearing Nike. But of course I've seen Bill Belichick in his signature reebok hoodie. So maybe some teams are still wearing their old gear from last year.

Strange, I don't know about the rest of the league but Cleveland's staff has been wearing Nike gear all weekend. Have also seen photos of Jets, Lions, and Cowboys coaches wearing Nike. But of course I've seen Bill Belichick in his signature reebok hoodie. So maybe some teams are still wearing their old gear from last year.

It's possible most teams don't have the havier gear because it's summer time and most places aren't cold enough. Maybe Nike presumed that they wouldn't need heavy winter gear until the season starts. I don't disagree with the notion of waiting to drop the winter line in July-August, and not April-May.

The Texans have a Nike short-sleeve hal-zip pullover coach jacket in the team store. Most teams should at least have that (it's a template jacket).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

It's possible most teams don't have the havier gear because it's summer time and most places aren't cold enough. Maybe Nike presumed that they wouldn't need heavy winter gear until the season starts. I don't disagree with the notion of waiting to drop the winter line in July-August, and not April-May.

The Texans have a Nike short-sleeve hal-zip pullover coach jacket in the team store. Most teams should at least have that (it's a template jacket).

Makes sense, I have seen most coaches wear the pullover jackets.

Since they still have the NFL Equipment logo on them, I wouldn't be surprised if those were just leftover Reebok jerseys that they sewed Nike logos onto.

That's exactly what they did.

Saints too.

_MH33165--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Since they still have the NFL Equipment logo on them, I wouldn't be surprised if those were just leftover Reebok jerseys that they sewed Nike logos onto.

I'm guessing the Nike practice jerseys will be available when the main preseason starts.

I'm guessing the Nike practice jerseys will be available when the main preseason starts.

Or maybe when the full team starts practicing together.

The Jags still have not worn their practice jerseys that nike made.

black-jaguars-jersey.jpg

The have instead been wearing last years practice jersey.

65dd96fe97a0df720ce4960e3617acbc-getty-143910226.jpg

I checked out the Nike replica jerseys at Dick's this past weekend. My thoughts:

The material is solid, as we knew, rather than mesh, which allows the prints on the front and back to be much more crisp-looking. The prints on the sleeves are of similar quality as before, erring on the side of better, but not so much better that it's very noticeable, which only means that the choice to use solid fabric as opposed to mesh is the biggest difference in why the prints look better.

The sheen is gone, making these jerseys look kind of like polyester doubleknit (think of how a baseball uniform looks up close) as opposed to nylon dazzle or mesh that we've seen the last decade or so.

The sizing might be smaller than Reebok's, but the size small was still much too large for someone who legitimately wears a size small athletic garment. It fits like a t-shirt all right, but one that's a size or two too large... still.

The NFL shield at the collar was a good move, but I don't feel like the plastic chip is the best way to go. Embroidery feels higher quality to me, or as an alternative, the molded rubber logo like the ones Reebok did on their gloves would have been great. I don't hate the plastic chip, but I don't love it.

They are still using the same size and style of numbers on the fronts and backs of the jerseys. There are zero NFL teams that use the same size and style of numeral on the front and back of their jersey, and nobody has ever felt the need to get it right on an NFL replica jersey, which sucks big time.

No word on whether they are using the correct numeral and nameplate fonts for every team (Reebok always seemed to use the wrong nameplate font for the Colts, for example). I will check an Indy area store at some point, but the ones I saw were in Cleveland.

All in all, considering the quality of the product you're getting coupled with the price increase, I think the value is still about the same when comparing the new Nike replica and the old Reebok replica.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

black-jaguars-jersey.jpg

That's what I meant when I said "main preseason".

black-jaguars-jersey.jpg

That's what I meant when I said "main preseason".

The preseason is the 4 games before the season. I'm talking about when the whole team starts practicing during minicamps in mid june. We will just have to wait and see when they break those new practice jerseys out though.

Archived