NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is going to happen when all the other teams like Baltimore, Cincy, Minny, NO, San Diego, and Denver catch on to the pimp collar thing? By far the Nike's poor implementation of the Flywire collars is hands down the worst decision that any team could have made when deciding on which Nike innovations to incorporate into their uniforms.

new-bills-uniform-2012.jpg

Check it:

tumblr_m4feh7KKSM1r7lvf8o1_1280.jpg

The pants look weird, may just be the light.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's the materials. I think its silly for people to think hard plastic and soft fabric will match perfectly

I think it's silly to accept this as the very best a multi-billion dollar company can do for a multi-billion dollar league. When the colors don't come really all that close under any lighting circumstances, it's a bad design. This isn't so hard to do for other teams in the league with navy helmets and navy jerseys.

It's the materials. I think its silly for people to think hard plastic and soft fabric will match perfectly

I think it's silly to accept this as the very best a multi-billion dollar company can do for a multi-billion dollar league. When the colors don't come really all that close under any lighting circumstances, it's a bad design. This isn't so hard to do for other teams in the league with navy helmets and navy jerseys.

The colors look quite similar in that photo of Russell Wilson.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The helmet "feather design stripe" still looks like a piece of plastic film that needs to be pulled off of something new. Can't get around that.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Check it:

Yeah, in that picture the stripes look thinner. I hope they are the same width as previously. Also, the little slits in the pants over the thigh pads look bad, like the players spilled soda on their pants or something. Then again, they don't look much more riduclous than the rest of the pants being translucent compared to the crotch and padded areas.

The only good thing to come out of the Nike takeover is the loss of the Equipment patch on game jerseys. The Bears jerseys will no longer be see-through on the sleeves, but that was traded for the belly-sweat template, so overall it's no gain.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Check it:

God, Jay Cutler's got a combover you can set your watch to.

The numbers on the shoulder might take a little getting used to for me, not sure why. I guess I kind of liked the empty space Chicago had in that area of the jersey.

qvAvG.jpg

Ever tried your hand in an industry where color is king? Textiles? Screen Printing? It's easy to say these things when you are on the outside looking in...

Check it:

Yeah, in that picture the stripes look thinner. I hope they are the same width as previously. Also, the little slits in the pants over the thigh pads look bad, like the players spilled soda on their pants or something. Then again, they don't look much more riduclous than the rest of the pants being translucent compared to the crotch and padded areas.

The only good thing to come out of the Nike takeover is the loss of the Equipment patch on game jerseys. The Bears jerseys will no longer be see-through on the sleeves, but that was traded for the belly-sweat template, so overall it's no gain.

Looks like they pulled on belted Nike underwear over their football pants superhero style. Awful.

new-nfl-uniform_490x368.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

yeah, i can definitely see that being the case, i kinda feel like nike purposely didnt give good options for keeping the collar to maybe sway teams to redesign,. They can easily fix any of those stripes though, if they can get the pats right they can get any team right.

Im a huge nike fan, but i was terribly disappointed by the collars. Im just glad the cowboys and texans kept theirs the way they were. and if they do in fact change soon, that will suck for those who bought jerseys.

yeah, i can definitely see that being the case, i kinda feel like nike purposely didnt give good options for keeping the collar to maybe sway teams to redesign,. They can easily fix any of those stripes though, if they can get the pats right they can get any team right.

Im a huge nike fan, but i was terribly disappointed by the collars. Im just glad the cowboys and texans kept theirs the way they were. and if they do in fact change soon, that will suck for those who bought jerseys.

I doubt this, since teams could have just gone with a regular collar, or get the colored one like the Texans (that's why it's so thick, right?)

They did this to draw attention to the flywire technology, and (as if the two swooshes weren't enough) make these things instantly recognizable as Nike produced. It's similar to the CoolFlo helmets in MLB. Rawlings didn't need to put all those ridges and holes in there, but they did it because it'd get noticed and get people talking about their company.

The broken-color collar is almost like a third Nike logo on the jerseys. Ugly as hell from an aesthetic standpoint, but pretty smart from a branding one.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The broken-color collar is almost like a third Nike logo on the jerseys. Ugly as hell from an aesthetic standpoint, but pretty smart from a branding one.

I've said it before - I'm sure that it's just a coincidence that the new Nike jerseys have a very prominent design element which just happens to be visible in player profile photos and in those taped introduction videos that are played during the first quarter of every telecast.

Seahawks rookie Robert Turbin wearing the new uni. Looks so much better with white or gray pants IMO.

xbAcs.jpg

Funny, they had white pants they could have worn with the last set and they never wore them as people said how bad they looked with blue helmets and blue jerseys, so why do these look any better ?

Yeah, that makes sense and i agree with the actual flywire part, which i'm sure could've jsut as easily been stitched on the inside. but i still think teams couldve put their foot down and said, "i want this" and i promise you nike could've done it. Im sure nike just pushed for the cut collars and the teams didnt care enough to try to change. It seems like the biggest teams in the league really arent effected by it though (Dal, GB, NE, NYG, Pit).

Seahawks rookie Robert Turbin wearing the new uni. Looks so much better with white or gray pants IMO.

xbAcs.jpg

Funny, they had white pants they could have worn with the last set and they never wore them as people said how bad they looked with blue helmets and blue jerseys, so why do these look any better ?

There is a photo of all the rookies in their new uniforms at the Topps NFL rooke premeier and the Seahawks grey numbers are going to be hard to read from a distance compaired to the other teams with dark jerseys.

Archived