NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, ummm....this Ninjetti look really ain't gettin' it, either.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This is a legit problem that the NFL teams and Nike needs to fix, right? That damn collar is just so distracting, even for a team with a solid collar like the Texans. Can you imagine how bad it will look with a full team running around?

Terrible Fail Nike. And poor decision making by the NFL teams that gave this look the green light.

Seriously, how stretched out are those collars going to be on interior lineman who strive for a tight fit??!?!

panini-america-2012-nflpa-premiere-saturday-63.jpg

panini-america-2012-nflpa-premiere-saturday-69.jpg

panini-america-2012-nflpa-premiere-saturday-71.jpg?w=370&h=

panini-america-2012-nflpa-premiere-saturday-62.jpg?w=370&h=

Seeing these flywire collars in action makes me really glad that my Pats don't have to deal with this flywire bull :censored:! :boogie:

Agreed. Those are goddamn terrible.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The answer is so simple; if you want a Nikelace collar, make it the same color as the rest of the jersey.

Losing the contrasting collars is better than these half-way measures.

Or just do whatever the Patriots did. Their collars went completely unchanged, and AFAIK they didn't do what the packers did in refusing to change templates either. These teams need to be assertive and stand up for themselves/stick to their guns.

these collars are making me so mad

2bac6e08f6bc663476cfe580a0bf2af4.jpg

We finally have our golds matched only to sport this eyesore of a collar. So close to a solid look. So, so close.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

yea some of the collars just look forced on some team like the saints, texans etc. I feel like if they want to do the cutoff collars, they should at least make them thinner. That picture of the saints rookie was awful, the jersey had too much clutter.

I really think if we press hard to coin the phrase "Nike Toilet Seat Technology" we will accelerate the rate of speed that these particular teams and Nike fix this garbage.

Doubtful since this Flywire collar stuff has been around for 3 years now (at least) if we include college football.

The answer is so simple; if you want a Nikelace collar, make it the same color as the rest of the jersey.

Or just do whatever the Patriots did. Their collars went completely unchanged, and AFAIK they didn't do what the packers did in refusing to change templates either.

I believe you're right; the Patriots adopted the standard Nike template, but declined the Nikelace collar. And the Texans took it, but must have insisted that it remain red on the homes.

I think this might be a little like the RBK EDGE takeover of the NHL, where a team like Colorado lost its distinctive mountain-range striping pattern. They could have kept it if they wanted, but didn't say anything when Reebok presented them with their concepts.

There was some room for teams to control their own uniform look, either by rejecting the Nike template altogether or by having it modified.

As a Seahawks fan, these collar issues make me happy we went the route we did! What is confusing to me is that the Washington Huskies have used this toilet seat cover collar for the last few years and imo it looks smaller than the NFL versions and also looks decent on the jersey. Anyone agree with me? Granted I wasn't happy when the Dawgs switched to this style but it has grown on me. Is it smaller? Does the piping make it work? I don't know but to me it looks way better than the saints or ravens.

JermaineKearse.jpg

SEAsig.png

Or just do whatever the Patriots did. Their collars went completely unchanged, and AFAIK they didn't do what the packers did in refusing to change templates either.

I believe you're right; the Patriots adopted the standard Nike template, but declined the Nikelace collar. And the Texans took it, but must have insisted that it remain red on the homes.

I think this might be a little like the RBK EDGE takeover of the NHL, where a team like Colorado lost its distinctive mountain-range striping pattern. They could have kept it if they wanted, but didn't say anything when Reebok presented them with their concepts.

There was some room for teams to control their own uniform look, either by rejecting the Nike template altogether or by having it modified.

I agree...this flywire template reminds me a lot of the template designs of the RBK Edge uniforms...

RBK tried to push half-stripes and vertical piping. And a few teams started to look like they chose the same cookie-cutter.

gagner-front3.jpg

Archived