NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Any idea where the Nike logo is gonna be on the jersey?

My money is on the back right above the name.

While that would be my preference, Nike would be stupid to do that since players hair would cover up the swoosh. Much more visible on the sleeve.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just on the front like it is in college? Is there an NFL rule prohibiting that?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yes. It could always be changed tho. The sleeves gives them 2 placements vs 1 anyway.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

nvm

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Above the NOB would force a few teams (Arizona, Minnesota, Buffalo) to alter their design. So would the upper chest college placement (Steelers, Jets). Don't see that happening. You have to assume Nike will do what they're told, and I don't see any reason the NFL would want to change the placement.

Any idea where the Nike logo is gonna be on the jersey?

My money is on the back right above the name.

While that would be my preference, Nike would be stupid to do that since players hair would cover up the swoosh. Much more visible on the sleeve.

Oh right... the hair. I keep forgeting.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Has anybody noticed in that Visa "take 10 friends to the Super Bowl" commercial that the old lady is wearing a Cleveland Browns jersey with the Nike logo on the sleeves.

Just watched it on YouTube. No, it's Reebok.

64-15342-F.jpg

I was surprised to see a jersey with an actual player number on it in a commercial. As you've probably noticed in all the Bud Light spots this year, NFL jerseys in commercials are all typically "00".

Do we really need big TV numbers anymore? I realize that they help identify players in photos and maybe help spotters, but how much anymore? They're certainly not really needed for actual TV anymore, and I wonder if a simple small circle with a number would suffice for newspaper photos. The reason I'm asking this is because in cases like that Browns jersey, could the stripes run from the neck down to the cuff (like racing-stripe style) and just have a small patch with the player's number in there some where? If these teams are determined to keep their stripes that may be the only option. It would look OK considering pants stripes are vertical too, as are helmet stripes.

I think that would be so visually jarring (in a bad way) and so far from the aesthetic of football that it would be far better to remove the stripes completely.

Possibly. But remember on a modern nfl template they wouldn't be as long as they would be on that replica so it might not be as jarring as you think. Like the Titans only with stripes.

I think that would be so visually jarring (in a bad way) and so far from the aesthetic of football that it would be far better to remove the stripes completely.

Possibly. But remember on a modern nfl template they wouldn't be as long as they would be on that replica so it might not be as jarring as you think. Like the Titans only with stripes.

This is just a little philosophical, but think of any striping pattern on football sleeves, They run horizontal, as the players move on the field. It's not like they are running at the speed of sound and leaving a trail of the stripes behind them, but the stripes still flow with their motion. A player runs and you still see the striped intact. Vertical stripes would blur with motion. Hockey teams sometimes have vertical insets on jerseys, but I don't know of any hockey jerseys which had intricate striping patterns on the sleeves.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Has anybody noticed in that Visa "take 10 friends to the Super Bowl" commercial that the old lady is wearing a Cleveland Browns jersey with the Nike logo on the sleeves.

Just watched it on YouTube. No, it's Reebok.

64-15342-F.jpg

I was surprised to see a jersey with an actual player number on it in a commercial. As you've probably noticed in all the Bud Light spots this year, NFL jerseys in commercials are all typically "00".

I'd been wondering what that jersey was. Did you notice though that in the commercial, the grandma's version has a little Brownie elf logo on the left chest? Maybe a pin she put on...

This is just a little philosophical, but think of any striping pattern on football sleeves, They run horizontal, as the players move on the field. It's not like they are running at the speed of sound and leaving a trail of the stripes behind them, but the stripes still flow with their motion. A player runs and you still see the striped intact. Vertical stripes would blur with motion. Hockey teams sometimes have vertical insets on jerseys, but I don't know of any hockey jerseys which had intricate striping patterns on the sleeves.

Hadn't thought of it that way, but wouldn't that be an argument against pants stripes?

Hadn't thought of it that way, but wouldn't that be an argument against pants stripes?

Hmmm, it could be, but on the pants they have much more room to work with than on the sleeves/shoulders, so the stripes would look less condensed. Also, sleeves have traditionally had horizontal stripes at the end of them, while pants have not. The only example of horizontal sleeve stripes I can think of (Hawaii) looked terrible.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

ept_sports_nfl_experts-331757258-1291576929.jpg?ymipXMEDGcVa12Ht

no tv numbers here

or on the bears, lions and browns throwbacks...not to mention about a third of the ncaa

I'm pretty sure the NFL excludes throwbacks from the TV number rule - but that is their only exception. I remember that Paul Brown hated TV numbers and refused to have them on the Bengals jerseys until the NFL decided to fine the team for not having them. That was back in 1980 - Brown had the team seamstress sew tackle twill TV numbers onto their existing Sand Kint jerseys with screened-on front and back numbers. Of course the next year, 1981, the tiger stripe uniforms came out complete with TV numbers.

Archived