NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok somebody please tell me these Vikings gold collars are not real, they should be purple!!

I don't like it!

10793037-standard.jpg

You better believe it

I believe he is worried about the away jersey's collar being yellow. (BTW the collar is suppose to be purple. The developers probably made a mistake in this demo.)

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

That is absolutely awful. NO BURGUNDY PANTS? Are you kidding me?

As soon as I heard about that early today I immediately thought of you ... I knew you'd flip :mad: about that one.

This evening I read your blog on 'Hogs Haven' :grin:

If they only shelve the burgundy pants for 1 season it's acceptable, I just didn't like when they wore white on white a few seasons ago.

The funny thing is, out of all the Bills games last season, IMO the best color contrast was the Toronto game for the Redskins v Bills ... It would not have been if the Redskins wore their burgundy pants. Those look better outdoors in the sunlight, IMO.

09000d5d8239c60f_gallery_600.jpg

I'd say the uniform would look better if the collar was purple on the road jersey though.

I'd have to agree with you on that.

I think Nike has made changes just for the sake of change rather than sensibility just to differentiate themselves from Reebok, and many teams have foolishly signed off on these changes.

This issue with the thick ¾ trim-color on the jerseys with flywire has been a constant thread subject on so many of the NFL chat boards I've surfed on including my own team.

09000d5d823988e1_gallery_600.jpg

No burgundy pants? C'mon man. White and white was sooo Zorn era. If its for one season then I'm fine with it. But, if this creeps into next season then theres gonna be alot of pissed fans in the DMV and Carolina. Just sayin.

I think white on white was started with Spurrier and then carried into Gibbs. Was it ever worn during Zorn?

No burgundy pants? C'mon man. White and white was sooo Zorn era..

Good thing they have gold pants, then. ;)

ColorWerx says white on white is the primary away option

Yep the white pants were worn during the Zorn era. I was at the Skins game against the Rams in 2008 and they wore white on white while the rams broke out the white pants as well.

skinsboys4lf7pe.jpg

when will EA realize that the Vikings do not use purple pants as the away default. They simply have them as an alternate. They might not even ever wear them again!

I wish they wore those purple pants more. All white sucks.

The purple pants were intended to go with the white jerseys but they deviated from it. I do wish they did purple pants more

Go A's!

when will EA realize that the Vikings do not use purple pants as the away default. They simply have them as an alternate. They might not even ever wear them again!

I wish they wore those purple pants more. All white sucks.

The purple pants were intended to go with the white jerseys but they deviated from it. I do wish they did purple pants more

I agree... the purple/white/purple combo is pretty awesome, and would make for a refreshing look at least 2 times a year. I could deal with the monochrome purple for a Monday Night game too. make it something they do for big games or something like that

Went to the Chargers Store today and took a couple of pics of their new Nike Authentics. $365 for this. The collar looks even worse in person, and the bolts on the shoulders are pathetically thin (also much worse in person).

90108174.jpg

86840778.jpg

The NFL shield is made of vinyl it seems, and is stitched on.

Archived