NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Tried on a Bears game jersey today. Liked the raised shield, the thick numbers, the smaller sleeves, and the fact that they got the TV numbers right. However, it fit terribly in the shoulders. I don't even know how to describe it, it just wasn't right.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried on a Bears game jersey today. Liked the raised shield, the thick numbers, the smaller sleeves, and the fact that they got the TV numbers right. However, it fit terribly in the shoulders. I don't even know how to describe it, it just wasn't right.

Care to elaborate a bit? Any pics? I've been interested in the Falcons one for a while but never been able to try one on.

Care to elaborate a bit? Any pics? I've been interested in the Falcons one for a while but never been able to try one on.

Didn't get any pics (plenty have been posted over the last few months). The problem with the shoulders I guess is that they're really stiff and they don't really move with your body. I'm not sure if it's the thicker material or the cut, but the jersey raises up over your body when you raise your arms, whereas the Reebok jerseys (or any shirt) move with you.

Other than that though I definitely prefer them to the Reebok jerseys. They fit more like a shirt than a drape.

The Saints' small popup shots that show when you hover over a player's roster listing are in the new Nikes, making them all look like coaches in polos.

Colston_Marques--nfl_thumb3_65_90.jpg

If the totality of that image is authentic (read: not just a jersey photoshopped over dude's headshot), then something truly remarkable has happened:

Those collars look even worse.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

It's sad that the Seahawks practice jersey looks better than their game jersey:

(image clipped)

The Jags practice jerseys are better too....

temp013DawanLandryCamp073012--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

what is the criteria for a team deciding on its practice jerseys?..it seems that nothing more than random selections...some teams really try to mimic the game jerseys whilst others opt for nzero related elements between the two

Didn't get any pics (plenty have been posted over the last few months). The problem with the shoulders I guess is that they're really stiff and they don't really move with your body. I'm not sure if it's the thicker material or the cut, but the jersey raises up over your body when you raise your arms, whereas the Reebok jerseys (or any shirt) move with you.

Other than that though I definitely prefer them to the Reebok jerseys. They fit more like a shirt than a drape.

That shoulder problem sounds similar to a lot of the complaints about the Nike soccer jerseys. I've been good with them, so maybe this won't be an issue for me. But like you, all the new stuff has had me excited for the Nike takeover. I want fan gear that doesn't fit like a dress and fits more like a normal shirt. I like the look of the material and the more durable numbers. The rubberized NFL shield is pretty neat. Maybe I will get one soon. Anyways, thanks for the info!

That shoulder problem sounds similar to a lot of the complaints about the Nike soccer jerseys. I've been good with them, so maybe this won't be an issue for me. But like you, all the new stuff has had me excited for the Nike takeover. I want fan gear that doesn't fit like a dress and fits more like a normal shirt. I like the look of the material and the more durable numbers. The rubberized NFL shield is pretty neat. Maybe I will get one soon. Anyways, thanks for the info!

Ironically, the newer adidas and Reebok standard tees are a much trimmer cut, which is great.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I believe the Raiders are wearing black shoes this year. The late Al Davis was always a stickler for his traditional AFL-era white shoes, so its obviously a new day in Oakland.

That would likely put the totals at 22 NFL teams wearing black shoes and 10 wearing white.

I believe the Raiders are wearing black shoes this year. The late Al Davis was always a stickler for his traditional AFL-era white shoes, so its obviously a new day in Oakland.

That would likely put the totals at 22 NFL teams wearing black shoes and 10 wearing white.

Aren't teams wearing team-colored shoes this year?

Aren't teams wearing team-colored shoes this year?

Option for each player I believe. Cleats may either be white or black, according to the style guide or whatever matches team colors.

As for Raiders in black cleats, I don't like it. I am a huge fan of teams wearing white cleats

Go A's!

I didn't really think about it until now by I'm surprised the teams that opted out of the new uniforms didn't choose /or weren't offered alternative cuts like the kind Texas uses or WV or LSU. I would imagine those would be an upgrade comfort wise to green bay/Oakland etc and haven't seen it discussed yet.

I didn't really think about it until now by I'm surprised the teams that opted out of the new uniforms didn't choose /or weren't offered alternative cuts like the kind Texas uses or WV or LSU. I would imagine those would be an upgrade comfort wise to green bay/Oakland etc and haven't seen it discussed yet.

That is a good question... why did nike offer only "speed machine" or nothing? Seems like they'd want to get everyone into at least one of their templates.

False. They would be an upgrade marketing wise, in that they would allow Nike to say "look at that awesome custom Nike template!" That's all.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The raiders an packers jerseys look like theyre from 1995 very tight and not stretchy. In hs we got Nike uniforms senior yr andrew Rawlings and russel the previous yrs and they were far more comfortable and tighter.

I just find it a little odd that they wouldn't be available

The raiders an packers jerseys look like theyre from 1995 very tight and not stretchy. In hs we got Nike uniforms senior yr andrew Rawlings and russel the previous yrs and they were far more comfortable and tighter.

The Raiders, Packers, and Eagles would be the same as 2011, which I'd imagine is clearly better than 1995. I'm sure there's a good reason that they chose to stick with what they had. You have no idea what was and wasn't available.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Raiders, Packers, and Eagles would be the same as 2011, which I'd imagine is clearly better than 1995. I'm sure there's a good reason that they chose to stick with what they had. You have no idea what was and wasn't available.

Well the raiders look like they're wearing the same template as the rich Gannon era which obviously is older than 2011.

You're right though I don't know what was available other than that elite template.

('95 was an exaggeration btw)

Archived