NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Watching the HoF pregame coverage. Saints helmets are definitely lighter.

The collar isn't bad on the field. It just looks like two separate parts of the uniform instead of an actual collar. I can get used to that idea.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Swooshes on the Saints jerseys are much higher up. They're directly underneath the shoulder numbers, instead of closer to the Fleur-De-Lis on the sleeve.

The Swooshes on the Cardinals uniforms seem to be positioned as they were with the unveiling.

All officials are wearing Nike shoes, but they don't have positions on the backs of their jerseys, only numbers. They are also wearing the cold-weather black pants. College has gone to the pants full-time, but as far as I knew, NFL had both the white knickers and black pants.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The saints blocked flywire collars continue to look like crap and ruin the balance of the uniform. It only works with teams that dropped their traditional collars or the design of the uniform avoids the flywire all together. The cards just had to block off that thin line and it looks ok.

The Saints gold pants look faded and washed out. Did Nike do any kind of TV testing on this fabric and color? Also the rear numbers are much smaller for both teams.

WTF Nike? And WTF teams who consciously picked this "innovation"?!?

Two teams, Buffalo and Washington face off Thursday night. Each feature the blocked flywire collars so we'll see double the fail.

Now that I see them on the field, the collars don't look quite as bad. Still not a smart decision on Nike and the teams' part, but it won't be gnawing at me all season.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Is it just me or just the Saints Gold seem to match better this year than in past years? By the way, there is no complaints on the Cardinals uniforms because they look great.

Go back 4 pages.

A simple yes would have sufficed.

spacer.png

Is it just me or just the Saints Gold seem to match better this year than in past years? By the way, there is no complaints on the Cardinals uniforms because they look great.

Go back 4 pages.

A simple yes would have sufficed.

they like to point you out to read through threads so old topics discussed already dont resurface

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

The Saints gold pants look faded and washed out. Did Nike do any kind of TV testing on this fabric and color? Also the rear numbers are much smaller for both teams.

WTF Nike? And WTF teams who consciously picked this "innovation"?!?

I think the Saints new pants look awful.!!

Never had a problem with them prior, always liked how they looked ... until now.

Whoever had asked if teams were going to wear the color-coordinated shoes, I guess that question has been answered. Players on AZ all look to be in black shoes, yet NO's players shoes are not consistent.

Nike can't be happy with the way the swooshes look on the saints jerseys. They are hard to see on just about every player, minus the kicker.

The placement of the swoosh on most players appeared to be right at the curvature of the shoulder pads, making the crease of the shirt and the logo blend together. Nike's got to make the sleeve logos on the Saints smaller if they want to start getting their money's worth out of this contract.

I looked at the Saints' collars tonight, and all I could think of was the 1977 White Sox. It stands out a lot, and not in a positive way. Making it worse: the difference in fabric between the flywire and the jersey body. On the Saints' whites, the flywire area is a lot brighter white, sticking out and further accentuating how silly everything around the neck looks.

Finally, yes, the Saints did pick the wrong shade of gold to standardize. From a distance on TV, it looked like the Saints were wearing white pants. The first thing it reminded me of, because my brain works weird, was the Las Vegas Posse. And nobody wants to be reminded of the Las Vegas Posse, ever.

jordan.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Some of the saints jerseys looked pretty loose, while others looked tight. i remember saints #36 jersey was one that was fairly tight, the way that they look on college players, while people like breese was fairly loose. hopefully they can tailor them to fit the players better.

Archived