NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I mean this is totally ridiculous. How the hell did several the NFL teams allow this to see the field?

Are teams that chose blocked flywire collars going to be stuck with this for 5 years?

And anyone notice how extra "fly" Drew Brees' uniform was. Huge flywire section. Even bigger than the offensive lineman. And the pants looked awful, especially when the lineman began to sweat through them.

ad48168b6eb04c0c92ab539d64ea817a-afa86255c6cb4612a72e5245567311b1-0.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the first game in the new Nike uniforms...can't wait to hear the continued bitching about the collars.

That's an understatement!

I'm sure it will last until at least week 8 of the season.

You underestimate this. Big time. It will continue indefinitely until it's changed.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well the first game in the new Nike uniforms...can't wait to hear the continued bitching about the collars.

or 5 years from now. It should get worse now as the less aesthetically aware mob will finally notice what Nike created and the teams chose to implement.

You underestimate this. Big time. It will continue indefinitely until it's changed.

A whole new group of people saw it tonight and the response on Twitter has been staggering.

A whole new group of people saw it tonight and the response on Twitter has been staggering.

I admit that the are different than most people are used to. Did I like them? not really and I think that if they would have went the Texans route it would have looked better. But it's not anything that any of us can control, so why don't we just enjoy the fact that we don't have to see the Reebok uniforms anymore on the field and in stores. Continued complaining here isn't going to force the teams to change anything.

Which is a good sign. The whole thing is such an overreach, just like reebok edge 1.0s.

I admit that the are different than most people are used to. Did I like them? not really and I think that if they would have went the Texans route it would have looked better. But it's not anything that any of us can control, so why don't we just enjoy the fact that we don't have to see the Reebok uniforms anymore on the field and in stores. Continued complaining here isn't going to force the teams to change anything.

Wouldn't be the first time something was changed due to fan reaction. In fact, I think that sort of scenario is more likely in this day and age with social media and instant, direct, specific feedback becoming a real possibility for companies (Tropicana, Gap come to mind). Probably not a pressing enough issue to warrant changing before next week's games, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me if it was addressed at some point.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I bet they will be changed by next season.

Wouldn't be the first time something was changed due to fan reaction. In fact, I think that is more likely in this day and age with social media and instant, direct feedback becoming a real possibility for companies (Tropicana, Gap)

I almost guarantee it will be changed by next year. But it's just collars. Tropica and Gap attempted to change the entire image of the brand. Advertising, logos, etc. In the grand scheme of things, are collars that important? it's gotten to the point where everyone is just beating a dead horse here. A horse that has been dead for months...

Wouldn't be the first time something was changed due to fan reaction. In fact, I think that is more likely in this day and age with social media and instant, direct feedback becoming a real possibility for companies (Tropicana, Gap)

I almost guarantee it will be changed by next year. But it's just collars. Tropica and Gap attempted to change the entire image of the brand. Advertising, logos, etc. In the grand scheme of things, are collars that important? it's gotten to the point where everyone is just beating a dead horse here. A horse that has been dead for months...

Nike certainly thought collars were important.

Most people have only seen the generic cookie cutter Nike press release photos of the new uniforms. They make the flywire look much less wide. The real thing however, is much different.

BTW, does anyone have a link for some of the twitter feedback?

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_FLYWIRE_SAINTS_9360.jpg

it would be pretty hard to get a list of twitter feedback; the BEST thing you could do is log on twitter (if you have an account and hashtag #nike #nfl #saints #uniforms or something like that

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Most people have only seen the generic cookie cutter Nike press release photos of the new uniforms. They make the flywire look much less wide. The real thing however, is much different.

BTW, does anyone have a link for some of the twitter feedback?

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_FLYWIRE_SAINTS_9360.jpg

it would be pretty hard to get a list of twitter feedback; the BEST thing you could do is log on twitter (if you have an account and hashtag #nike #nfl #saints #uniforms or something like that

Heres a few tweets. It's clear these people don't know that many othe teams have this look...

That black collar thing on the Saints uniforms is really irritating. Just looks out of place.

Saints jerseys look like it has a collar. Ugly. #whodatnation

Those @Saints @nikefootball jersey's are ugly around the collar #JustSaying

?@nightowlsinc: The collar on these Saints jerseys looks ridiculous.? all that is missing is the bow tie. #NikeFAIL

What in the hell is with the black part of the Saints uniforms around the collar? Looks awful.

It really is ugly. So unnecessary #nikefication RT @Warchant_DC: Hate the collar on those new Nike Saints unis.

Nice work on the saints uniform @Nike. The jerseys look like they have a 70's style leisure suit collar on them.

Heres a few tweets. It's clear these people don't know that many othe teams have this look...

That black collar thing on the Saints uniforms is really irritating. Just looks out of place.

“@nightowlsinc: The collar on these Saints jerseys looks ridiculous.” all that is missing is the bow tie. #NikeFAIL

What in the hell is with the black part of the Saints uniforms around the collar? Looks awful.

It really is ugly. So unnecessary #nikefication RT @Warchant_DC: Hate the collar on those new Nike Saints unis.

Nice work on the saints uniform @Nike. The jerseys look like they have a 70's style leisure suit collar on them.

Honestly though, if you search twitter for "Nike Saints" you'll get a lot of positive tweets too.

?@nightowlsinc: The collar on these Saints jerseys looks ridiculous.? all that is missing is the bow tie. #NikeFAIL

Honestly though, if you search twitter for "Nike Saints" you'll get a lot of positive tweets too.

I searched "saints collar" and it was overwhelmingly negative.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of teams switch up their collars after this season. If there was a lot of negative fan reaction during this game, it will just be greater when the regular season comes around. I don't know how it went down when each team went over it with Nike, but I'd guess some of the teams with the half collars told Nike just to put their current design on the Nike template. Then they either didn't follow up at all about how exactly they would look or didn't realize/care about the collar. If people are actually complaining about it, we might get to see some changes over the off-season.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I searched "saints collar" and it was overwhelmingly negative.

Then again, a search for the collars will most certainly bring about negative responses because they are people who are focusing on that single aspect. For someone who liked the Nike unis, they would probably wouldn't focus on just that part. It's a self fulfilling search. It would be like searching for the words "broken iPhone" and 99% of the results would be negative.

Whoever had asked if teams were going to wear the color-coordinated shoes, I guess that question has been answered. Players on AZ all look to be in black shoes, yet NO's players shoes are not consistent.

Both Arizona and New Orleans were wearing black shoes. No inconsistency with either team.

Very nice to see and both teams looked very good.

And can we move on about the collars? They are friggin' collars, for God sake.

Archived