NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I'm operating under the assumption that Nike is the one that's supposed to care, and they should've done more to help the teams that obviously felt they were in good hands and left it up to the "experts".

Assuming that it's automatically the designer's fault for "not caring enough" is pretty dumb. Presumably, Nike showed a bunch of different options to every team during the design process, so it's ultimately the team's fault for choosing whichever option looked the worst. Additionally, for all we know, Nike could have come up with the world's greatest designs, and the teams could have been totally finicky and turned them all down.

And I would find it "pretty dumb" to presume that. If nike showed a bunch of options to everyone, it would seem surprising that only Seattle jumped into the garbage pile to pull one out.

And I also thinks its hilarious (or I guess I could go with "pretty dumb") to say that a team choosing to keep their old look (adapted to a new template) is the "option that looked the worst." I think the Seahawks are living proof that there's no way that's the case.

And for the 100th time, I have conceded that "it's ultimately the team's fault"... I just expected more from Nike in terms of taking teams through the process and giving them template options. I think the fact that a handful of teams were forced to forgo any nike template whatsoever is proof that the choices weren't sufficent.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chiefs came out the best with the Nike jerseys and the Bears are a closse second. If only the Chiefs would get rid of the AFL patch now.

My sentiments exactly.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The Chiefs came out the best with the Nike jerseys and the Bears are a closse second. If only the Chiefs would get rid of the AFL patch now.

My sentiments exactly.

Agreed. But that sucker's never coming off, out-of-place as it may be.

What sleeves?

more like a shoulder cap...my biggest gripe is that all striped jerseys will only have the stripes visible from the side of the sleeve...there is zero wraparound the front or back which is a huge downgrade in my book

What sleeves?

more like a shoulder cap...my biggest gripe is that all striped jerseys will only have the stripes visible from the side of the sleeve...there is zero wraparound the front or back which is a huge downgrade in my book

I'm glad this hasnt been a problem for the last 10 years or so until just now...

I believe you guys should use #NIKENFLSUCKS on twitter so they can see the complaints about the uniforms.

The Ravens collars look horrible, maybe it is because the white on white is drawing it out more.

The Patriots, Eagles, and Steelers look good.

spacer.png

Looking at teams like the Pats, Iggles and Falcons, I can't help but be jealous of their collars.

Yes. I will continue to bitch about those collars. I'll have to see how the Texans look (the only to color the flywire half of the collar) before I can fully determine if it's the collars themselves that suck or if it's just the half-coloring that I dislike.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I think the Skins look beautiful

For as little as they've changed, I think the Redskins look annoying. The giant collar has driven the front numbers almost into the pants and the side numbers look awful. They're too small, too vertical and too skinny. Also, the new, non ribbed sleeve stripes look like something off a cheap replica. It's a minor fail, but it's a fail nonetheless.

I don't see what there is to complain about the Bears Nike look. Their jerseys look much better with the numbers on the shoulders. And I'm sure that the Bears worked with Nike in deciding to go with the shoulder numbers. And people shouldn't write off the technology in the new templates as bring total BS. They might not do that much, but every little but of increase in comfort is nice fire a player.

Watching the game today, they look terrible. First off, even if moving the numbers to the shoulders was absolutely necessary (and it wasn't), it is a huge visual downgrade. It doesn't look right and will take a long, long time to get used to. The jersey template looks terrible. There is a noticeable difference between blue fabrics, and I suspect it will only look worse in daylight. The templates are complete garbage. If the fabric is so advanced, they could include it in a traditional football template. They put it in this template to emphasize that it's a Nike jersey. There is no reason jerseys need different color materials which look drastically different when wet. You can't convince me that Nike scientifically determined that players sweat from their stomachs and through the back of their shoulder pads and therefore need lighter fabric there to provide air.

I'm glad this hasnt been a problem for the last 10 years or so until just now...

It hasn't happened to this level, other than on the Reebok prototypes worn by some of the Giants, Colts and Packers. There is no functional reason at all for the stripes to be as small as they are. There are two cuts of jersey sleeves. The position player cut doesn't look that bad. On the lineman cut, the sleeve portion could easily be extended another 2-3 inches on the front and back, coming roughly to the armpits. Instead, it looks like Walmart cheap replicas that have stripes only on the outer half of the sleeves.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I don't see what there is to complain about the Bears Nike look. Their jerseys look much better with the numbers on the shoulders. And I'm sure that the Bears worked with Nike in deciding to go with the shoulder numbers. And people shouldn't write off the technology in the new templates as bring total BS. They might not do that much, but every little but of increase in comfort is nice fire a player.

Watching the game today, they look terrible. First off, even if moving the numbers to the shoulders was absolutely necessary (and it wasn't), it is a huge visual downgrade.

I've gotta disagree with you here. The Bears have needed to bump the numbers up to the shoulders for a long time, because so many players would only have one or two sleeve stripes visible, and the "GSH" - which should be proudly on display - was often rolled under, tucked and taped into some sweaty lineman's pads. The Bears got this changeover right, even with the template switch.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived