NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Panthers look okay, but would be better if they switched to the Nike template. Carolina, Green Bay, Oakland, and Philly just look cheap compared to the others.

Wow. It's the exact opposite for me. The majority of teams look like garbage in the Nike templates, while the mentioned teams wearing actual established football templates look like professionals to me. Seriously - their shoulder stripes either go all the way around or terminate at the cuffs, while the Jets' similar stripes terminate up high and look ridiculous. Add in the fact that the Panthers wear silver pants instead of being forced into "super advanced" gray pants like Detroit, and I can't see how anybody who wasn't shilling for Nike could think the Panthers would look better in a Nike template.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Panthers look okay, but would be better if they switched to the Nike template. Carolina, Green Bay, Oakland, and Philly just look cheap compared to the others.

Wow. It's the exact opposite for me. The majority of teams look like garbage in the Nike templates, while the mentioned teams wearing actual established football templates look like professionals to me. Seriously - their shoulder stripes either go all the way around or terminate at the cuffs, while the Jets' similar stripes terminate up high and look ridiculous. Add in the fact that the Panthers wear silver pants instead of being forced into "super advanced" gray pants like Detroit, and I can't see how anybody who wasn't shilling for Nike could think the Panthers would look better in a Nike template.

I agree with this 100% I really have no idea what he means about them being more 'shiny' since when looking at the Jets and Panthers the sheen of the jersey material looks EXACTLY THE SAME. The only shiny material are the Panthers pants, and they would look absolutely horrible gray, much like the Lions.

I'd also like to add that the Panthers' black jerseys are MUCH better than the blues. The black and silver look great together, and electric blue really pops against the black. The blue doesn't look nearly as impressive across an entire jersey. Also, the black doesn't pop and adds nothing on the blue jersey. The black jersey is just a perfect balance of everything.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Am I the only one who just doesn't like the Panthers' uniforms? They're seriously overrated on here. I was hoping they'd finally ditch those dated uniforms with the new logo and switch to Nike, but they instead went the cheap and boring route.

Disagree. The team has been remarkably consistent when it comes to their uniforms (wish the same could be said for their expansion cousins), and that has allowed them to build up something of their own aesthetic tradition.

I was worried they'd muck it up with the switchover to Nike, but thankfully they decided to keep their young tradition in tact. More newer teams should follow their lead.

I agree with this 100% I really have no idea what he means about them being more 'shiny' since when looking at the Jets and Panthers the sheen of the jersey material looks EXACTLY THE SAME. The only shiny material are the Panthers pants, and they would look absolutely horrible gray, much like the Lions.

I can see what he's saying. I think the cut lines, sweat panels, quirky details and overall structure of the Nike jerseys and pants are too cluttered for my liking, but I really like the material they use for the solid parts of the jersey. It's very smooth-looking, very solid, bright and rich in color, more matte finish, as opposed to the nearly satin look of the Panthers' pants and shoulder stripes. I think the dazzle-looking fabric may be more successful for a metallic color, but the fabric Nike specs has very nice visual qualities.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I can see what he's saying. I think the cut lines, sweat panels, quirky details and overall structure of the Nike jerseys and pants are too cluttered for my liking, but I really like the material they use for the solid parts of the jersey. It's very smooth-looking, very solid, bright and rich in color, more matte finish, as opposed to the nearly satin look of the Panthers' pants and shoulder stripes. I think the dazzle-looking fabric may be more successful for a metallic color, but the fabric Nike specs has very nice visual qualities.

I was referring to the guy he was replying to. I agree with you about the non mesh material. I don't like all the seams on the Nike cut jerseys, along with other things that have been mentioned already. *cough*collars*cough*

The sheen/shiny material for silver, gold and other metallic colors should be standard. The only shiny fabric I see on the Panthers jersey that could be fixed is the blue on the shoulder stripes.

I was actually referring to the black non mesh material on the Panthers jerseys, as they look the same, as far as 'shininess' goes, as the Jets non mesh material.

I will say, as for the Broncos orange jerseys, my goodness do they look awfully bright. Though, I actually like the bright orange anyway.

Spot on. I think, for example, the Ravens look a billion times better, sans the flywire, but I don't think that the Panthers would JERSEYS would look worse, but I do think the pants would. Nike needs to find a way to make metallic silver for it's new teams. Simple as that. But I love the way the Nike look is compared to Reebok from a jersey feel and look alone.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Liking the seahawks unis more and more as well, didnt think id ever feel that way but it does make a difference seeing them on the field.

I really hope they go with the gray pants fulltime. It's a great look AND the statistical upgrade from Blue would take them a step closer to a Superbowl victory according to one of the most obscure NFL stats available: Superbowl Winning Team Percentages By Pants Color (pantcentage).

Here are wins/losses records and winning pantcentages.

Gold: 6-1 (.857 winning pct.) **

Red: 3-1 (.750 pct.)

Yellow: 11-5 (.687 winning pct.)

Silver/Gray: 12-10 (.545 winning pct.)

Blue: 2-3 (.400 winning pct.)

White: 12-26 (.315 winning pct.)

**Tampa Bay 2003 win included as gold, 49ers 1995 win was in White throwback pants.

GO GRAY!!!

Liking the seahawks unis more and more as well, didnt think id ever feel that way but it does make a difference seeing them on the field.

I really hope they go with the gray pants fulltime. It's a great look AND the statistical upgrade from Blue would take them a step closer to a Superbowl victory according to one of the most obscure NFL stats available: Superbowl Winning Team Percentages By Pants Color (pantcentage).

**Tampa Bay 2003 win included as gold, 49ers 1995 win was in White throwback pants.

GO GRAY!!!

Does that mean the Redskins are the only team to wear red pants in the super bowl? Three wins and one loss (Raiders) in them.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

GO GRAY!!!

Does that mean the Redskins are the only team to wear red pants in the super bowl? Three wins and one loss (Raiders) in them.

Yep, Kansas City wore white in both of their appearances. Also, New England is the only team to score a hat trick! The have lost in white, silver and blue!

GO GRAY!!!

posts like this are the reason i come to this website. :)

In watching the Cowboys and Raiders pre season game on ESPN I noticed something weird about Orton's jersey. He wears an ideal cut that older quarterbacks tend to use. His sleeves go down almost to his elbow but the sleeve stripes are way up almost near the shoulders. Kinda odd. Any other teams with sleeve stripes have this issue with players that use a longer sleeve cut?

Edit: also noticed Romo's jersey has the same problem with the sleeves. Bothersome.

Not your imagination.

2011:

tonyromo.jpg

2012:

cowboysraidersfootball2.jpg

cowboysraidersfootball2.jpg

The Dallas QBs are the only ones who continue to wear real, honest to goodness sleeves. Nike :censored:ed it up by moving the stripes too high, like they do with every other player. Sleeve stripes should never be above the numbers on the front of the jersey, regardless of what position you play. Every Dallas player should be wearing the exact same sleeve length exhibited by Romo and Orton, albeit with the stripes at the bottom of the cuff.

When the Cowboys broke camp and returned to Dallas, Romo had his jersey sleeves shortened. Looks much better than before, imo.

ROMO_SHORTER_SLEEVES.jpg

11481226-standard.jpg

The black over gold set looks pretty damn good. The gold was off on the numbers before.

pierre-thomas206jpg-6da9a8988ad49c71_large.jpg

I agree that the numbers look better, but the pants and helmet are still pretty far from matching. If we had the ability to make this happen in 1967, why can't we now? The answer, I believe, is that the manufacturers COULD match things up better if they desired, but someone is making an aesthetic decision not to...

1966BroncosMED.jpg64BearsBlasingamelowres-1.jpgKeyeReboundCloseJPG.jpgDUMagnuson.jpg

the redskins logo is one of my favorites, and one of the most respectful native american logos out there.

it's just the name that's offensive.

Why don't they remove the Indian head and replace it with a red skinned potato!

Problem, solved! ...or are we supposed to be colour blind when it comes to vegetables (not the wheel chaired variety) too these days!!!

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Am I the only one who just doesn't like the Panthers' uniforms? They're seriously overrated on here. I was hoping they'd finally ditch those dated uniforms with the new logo and switch to Nike, but they instead went the cheap and boring route.

Nah man. I agree. I particularly dislike the shoulder loops. They look different on every player. I just don't think they work on today's smaller template.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

11481226-standard.jpg

The black over gold set looks pretty damn good. The gold was off on the numbers before.

pierre-thomas206jpg-6da9a8988ad49c71_large.jpg

I agree that the numbers look better, but the pants and helmet are still pretty far from matching. If we had the ability to make this happen in 1967, why can't we now? The answer, I believe, is that the manufacturers COULD match things up better if they desired, but someone is making an aesthetic decision not to...

Not sure I agree. Seem to recall ColorWerx saying they'd lightened the gold in the helmet and looking at these pics from the other day (top) and last season, it's pretty evident (look especially at the helmet and the sleeve fdl). It may not be perfect but it's a lot better than before and has changed my feelings on the black/gold set. I think they look great.

I just wish they'd use white like they did in '67 (in pants stripe, wider around numbers, put outline on sleeve fdl). I've given up on them seeing the light on the darker gold and using the wordmark on the helmet bumpers. For some reason that last thing really sticks in my craw. :cursing:

11482850-standard.jpg

Jimmy+Graham+Carolina+Panthers+v+New+Orleans+ccXjfQw6GNRl.jpg

Here's something interesting from Saturday night's game. As far as TEs go, it was the Graham Bowl:

We had Jimmy...

lo12N.AuSt.77.jpeg

The recently signed Daniel (pic from Jags game)...

Jacksonville+Jaguars+v+New+Orleans+Saints+1JX5LD8uwEJl.jpg

And the Texans' Garrett:

20120825_texanssaints_btc_11.jpg

It was funny watching the game because it seemed every TE you saw had Graham on his back.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived