NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Why have the Carolina panthers stripes on their helmets always differ depending on the helmet manufacturer. Usually the stripes are always separated by the Russell raised middle portion. Teams with stripes similar to the panthers have been able to accomplish this task of making all of the stripes look identical but ever since their inaugural season they have been inconsistent which makes the helmet look horrible in game. Baltimore and Tennessee can handle this task

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why have the Carolina panthers stripes on their helmets always differ depending on the helmet manufacturer. Usually the stripes are always separated by the Russell raised middle portion. Teams with stripes similar to the panthers have been able to accomplish this task of making all of the stripes look identical but ever since their inaugural season they have been inconsistent which makes the helmet look horrible in game. Baltimore and Tennessee can handle this task

Baltimore and Tennessee have different helmet stripes. Theirs are more straight and end a lot sooner (just before the top of the helmet). Where as the Panthers helmet stripes are curved and go all the way to the back of the helmet. My guess as to why their application has gotten worse is because of all the new helmet designs. With all these bumps and air holes in the helmet, it makes it hard to apply a complicated helmet strip like the Panthers.

jNTsTyQ.png

I know that RGIII cant show the adidas logo on his cleats....What other brands are not allowed to be shown on cleats?

Anyone not Nike and UA I believe.

Haven't seen the cards in action.

The panthers stripes are terrible really was looking forward to a change.

Seahawks look sick.

I dunno, at first I hated the Seahawks new look, but that look is starting to grow on me. Even the monochrome they sported today.

I am one of the few people that loved their home look on day one and I really liked them today especially with more players wearing the neon green shoes than the standard black/white.

spacer.png

I'm not exactly sure why, but I feel like the new Nike jerseys look a lot better on the Lions than the Reeboks ever did. Maybe the blue pops a little more?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I dunno, at first I hated the Seahawks new look, but that look is starting to grow on me. Even the monochrome they sported today.

I am one of the few people that loved their home look on day one and I really liked them today especially with more players wearing the neon green shoes than the standard black/white.

Yeah, the neon green shoes were a nice touch to the look.

I'm not exactly sure why, but I feel like the new Nike jerseys look a lot better on the Lions than the Reeboks ever did. Maybe the blue pops a little more?

I like the sleeves more too. Didnt the Lions used to have the shiny plastic sleeves like the Cowboys? Hate those.

70389454.png

tempDSC_0186--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

I'm not a fan when they go monochrome, but this is so much better than our previous disaster from 2002-2011. So much better!!

Anna...you crazy.

I've got to agree with Anna on this one. I despised that old set, and although I hate monochrome, this set is a huge upgrade.

Also, I love that all the players in that photo are wearing the new team-colored cleats.

spacer.png

This picture perfectly encapsulates what is wrong with the new Seahawks' uniform set. All three elements are disconnected.

Helmets? Double blue and grey.

Jerseys? A balance of navy, grey, and neon green.

Pants? Navy and neon green.

Each piece emphasizes the team's colour scheme in such a different way that they almost look like they come from three different uniform sets.

Archived