NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ethically, it is poor taste to go to print without having a second source to confirm. Really, is he in danger of another sports design blogger beating him to the punch? Get the facts straight, Purple Paul.

It's a "feeler" post. He's essentially asking for sources with corroboration one way or another. And he did go quite a ways out of his way to make it clear that it was unsubstantiated. There's nothing ethically or legally wrong with it, journalistically speaking.

Of course not.

But I'd also suggest that this rumor is more appropriate for his blog than his ESPN column. The informality of a blog is well-suited to this kind of feeler.

Of course it doesn't really matter, if you wear black on a hot day you aren't destined to lose. But if you have the choice to wear light over a dark color on a hot day when the sun is out, why wouldn't you take that that option?

Because it's dumb and provides no benefit whatsoever. Especially with the supposedly super-advanced fabrics, players wearing black jerseys aren't going to feel a bit of difference from those in white jerseys. I mean, baseball players go through the summer playing in much hotter weather than September football, yet we see a bunch of teams who wear dark alternates regularly. In recent years, the White Sox have worn their black jerseys just as much or more than their home or road. I was at a game a few years ago where it was 97 degrees (and humid as hell), yet the players were wearing black. In the case of the Panthers, they are diminishing their brand strength by only wearing their black jersey a few times a year (not to mention choosing to look worse), and doing so without getting any perfomance benefit.

That seems like a pretty bad example. You're comparing a sport where you stand around all day with a cap. To a sport where you basically go all out on every play. Not to mention wearing a helmet and pads.

Ones physically demanding and one isn't.

Can you imagine the nfl having double headers?? I know I can't and heats never been a problem in baseball. Sure it's hot but football is just on a different level.

Ethically, it is poor taste to go to print without having a second source to confirm. Really, is he in danger of another sports design blogger beating him to the punch? Get the facts straight, Purple Paul.

It's a "feeler" post. He's essentially asking for sources with corroboration one way or another. And he did go quite a ways out of his way to make it clear that it was unsubstantiated. There's nothing ethically or legally wrong with it, journalistically speaking.

Of course not.

But I'd also suggest that this rumor is more appropriate for his blog than his ESPN column. The informality of a blog is well-suited to this kind of feeler.

It was posted to his blog, not his ESPN column.

OK, humor me here -

Take the Patriots road jersey. Make the "sleeve" green. Then make the blue shoulder loop thing white. Then make the entire top shoulder panel green.

So you'd have the green-white-green scheme still, but with more green on top. Considering how non-existent the sleeve is now, the total amount of green wouldn't be much (if any) more on this jersey than it was on Namath's (which had very little green over the white, but a lot more below it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nearly all jerseys look worse than last year, but the Jets are particularly bad. Even before the patented Nike sweat panels get dark, the greens don't match from the panels to the other main material. On top of that, the green on the shoulder stripes/pant stripes/helmets is different from both of the greens on the jersey body. We have a new Cowboys situation on our hands.

On another note, for some reason several Ravens players look to have pink crayon scribbles on their jerseys. I don't know what the heck caused it or if the jerseys were accidentally bleached, but there were lots of small pink marks.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

On another note, for some reason several Ravens players look to have pink crayon scribbles on their jerseys. I don't know what the heck caused it or if the jerseys were accidentally bleached, but there were lots of small pink marks.

I think those are from the patriots facemasks, but I'm not completely sure.

I'm generally a fan of the new Nike jerseys but the Jets just look hideous. Their jerseys look incredibly cheap especially when the sweat stains show through creating those dark spots. By far the worst in the league.

Untitled_zps1bb6a40a.png

That TV number is pathetic. At that size, what's the point... but hey, at least there's room for a swoosh, right?

i think the titans actually look better in nike than reebok. the shade of columbia blue is stronger and less washed out, and the non-shiny pants really work for them.

The Titans look like horsecrap.

Matte baby blue pants with a shiny white helmet? Really good stuff there.

And because they look like crap because they refuse to wear anything but 2 combinations. Same lame-ass light blue/navy blue or white/light blue combo, every single week.

They need to take a stick of dynomite and blow up their entire uniform set and start over.

Archived