NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Those Eagles uniforms are a work of art. The kelly green looks ten times better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the rams have a good looking and underrated set right now. The blue and yellow ones are way overrated IMO and truthfully im certain if they stunk up the joint in those then no one would like them.

They did stink up the joint a lot of the time in those sleeve-horn uniforms, and yet, those are still amazing uniforms. Better than the dull generic crap they wear now that looks even duller and blander in that cavernous dome they play in.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

woooooow. im a redskins fan and I absolutely love this.

What does does the first half of that sentence have to do with the last half??

Follow my attempts to rid the world of the evil that is Laura Dern @LDisadirtbag.

My dog Folsom has a Twitter that's nothing but pictures of him pooping and sharing what he likes @folsomcanpoop.

If that's not enough, I have my own Twitter @DieZombieScum.

woooooow. im a redskins fan and I absolutely love this.

What does does the first half of that sentence have to do with the last half??

It probably means that even though he has a total disdain for Philly (being a 'Skins fan), that he can still appreciate those Eagles unis. That's same exact reaction from this 'Skins fan.

I love kelly green, but every single recolor of the current set just doesn't work IMO. The kelly green just doesn't look good with the amount of black that they currently use. FWIW, I feel similarly about the late '80s / early '90s set, though that one wasn't as bad because there wasn't black on the helmet.

I hated the "midnight green" when it first came out - but after the '03 redesign, when they fixed the pants, added the charcoal trim to the numbers, fixed the wordmark, and standardized everything, I think they really got it right. In a perfect world, yeah - they'd be in a traditional kelly green / gray / white set, but - if they want a "modern" or "fast" look, I think that they nailed it and are a model for how a logo / uniform can employ modern design elements while still maintaining a traditional classy feel.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just this quick fix to the uniform they currently wear would be a major upgrade...

phi_kelly.png

Sprinkling in a little more silver would'nt hurt either.

I put together a quick road-set as well. Philly would look outstanding with kelly green pants!

phi_kelly2.png

Oh hell yes, this looks aweseome.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

ACTION-Rams-MarshallFaulk.jpg

Bring back the gold pants. So much better than this navy-soaked rags they wear now. That or better yet renew the look altogether to their true colors.

I agree. The Rams look SO bad right now. Last night they looked far worse than when they played the Bears at Soldier Field. I much prefer the '90s set (specifically the colors), but the picture above was a unique jersey which had some character. Not only was it made 1000x worse by eliminating the gold pants, but the jerseys themselves look absolutely horrible with khaki numbers and stripes. Hey Rams, Nike has absolutely refused to give teams anything metallic gold, and you are too stupid to break from their snake oil and request the old style of uniforms. Just be done with it and go back to royal blue and yellow, colors which even Nike could reproduce.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think the rams have a good looking and underrated set right now. The blue and yellow ones are way overrated IMO and truthfully im certain if they stunk up the joint in those then no one would like them.

They did stink up the joint a lot of the time in those sleeve-horn uniforms, and yet, those are still amazing uniforms. Better than the dull generic crap they wear now that looks even duller and blander in that cavernous dome they play in.

Yeah but they won a Super Bowl in them. Had they gone 0-16 and never made the playoffs in those I'm sure they'd receive much less love. A lot of people are always complaining about mismatching colors but iirc they had a dark navy helmet to pair these with.

Yeah but they won a Super Bowl in them. Had they gone 0-16 and never made the playoffs in those I'm sure they'd receive much less love. A lot of people are always complaining about mismatching colors but iirc they had a dark navy helmet to pair these with.

No, and no.

I love kelly green, but every single recolor of the current set just doesn't work IMO. The kelly green just doesn't look good with the amount of black that they currently use. FWIW, I feel similarly about the late '80s / early '90s set, though that one wasn't as bad because there wasn't black on the helmet.

I hated the "midnight green" when it first came out - but after the '03 redesign, when they fixed the pants, added the charcoal trim to the numbers, fixed the wordmark, and standardized everything, I think they really got it right. In a perfect world, yeah - they'd be in a traditional kelly green / gray / white set, but - if they want a "modern" or "fast" look, I think that they nailed it and are a model for how a logo / uniform can employ modern design elements while still maintaining a traditional classy feel.

I'm with you. IF they do decide to reintroduce kelly green into the identity, they need to either replace the black with either a charcoal or a grey darker than the current silver; OR leave the midnight green in the identity to replace the black and upshift the color spectrum if that makes sense. So the current black elements of the uniform would become midnight green and the current midnight green elements will become kelly green.

I'm with you. IF they do decide to reintroduce kelly green into the identity, they need to either replace the black with either a charcoal or a grey darker than the current silver; OR leave the midnight green in the identity to replace the black and upshift the color spectrum if that makes sense. So the current black elements of the uniform would become midnight green and the current midnight green elements will become kelly green.

I'm not sure the two colors would work well with each other at all.They'd likely clash horribly.

If you want two tone, they could go kelly and pine, but I think just kelly and white or kelly and silver or charcoal would be fine. Either way, there's really no need for them to change now - IMO they don't look dated at all and won't for some time. If they should hit a dry spell and maybe change coaches and want to usher in a new era, then sure. But if it ain't broke don't fix it... and at the moment, it ain't broke.*

*except that you can't distinguish 6, 8, and 9 on the numerals. Sometimes even a 0 looks like an 8 due to the way it bends. That's the only thing I'd mess with.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

That's from the team photo session:

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Behind-the-Scenes-Team-Picture/c259bf05-a2bb-45c9-8fbb-e803e67d2fc5

Their new owner is wearing a teal tie in the picture. In the Jaguars thread I joked that he was wearing more teal than all the players put together, but I'm not actually sure that isn't true.

This is another example of why athletes should have no input into uniform decisions. Okay, so they want to make black their primary color. It's a horrible decision, but whatever. That would have them wearing the black jersey with the white pants, which would look plenty bad already. However, the players say "We should wear the black pants with them. That would look dope." This will look unimaginably bland since the jerseys and pants are so terrible and devoid of color. And to make things worse, they have started wearing white-on-white on the road. The Jaguars went from easily a top 10 set (at home, anyway) to a bottom three set in a span of five years. It's a shame.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet...

http://www.usatoday....ineman/1612925/

I don't understand. Lineman have looked fat since tight jerseys became the norm however many years ago regardless of the manufacturer. since they started weighing 350 pounds.

FYP.

My wife watches the Today Show and they even had a feature on this. Like linemen's jerseys were ever loose in the modern era??

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This is another example of why athletes should have no input into uniform decisions.

Yes, it would be much better if senile old men like Ralph Wilson or nutjobs like Danny Snyder, who probably sleeps in his 1983 Redskins underoos, made uniform decisions instead.

How can all-black STILL be cool? It's been so forcibly jarred down the throat of college football that it's not rare at all and it's nothing special whatsoever. If the players had their way 98% of teams would be black/black/#_____

edit: these enormous tarps at the Jags home stadium are pretty degrading.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is another example of why athletes should have no input into uniform decisions.

Yes, it would be much better if senile old men like Ralph Wilson or nutjobs like Danny Snyder, who probably sleeps in his 1983 Redskins underoos, made uniform decisions instead.

How can all-black STILL be cool? It's been so forcibly jarred down the throat of college football that it's not rare at all and it's nothing special whatsoever. If the players had their way 98% of teams would be black/black/#_____

edit: these enormous tarps at the Jags home stadium are pretty degrading.

If there is one thing the NFL needs to stay away from are any trends in College football. Please no crazy Oregon uniforms, matte helmets, etc.

70389454.png

Archived