NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

This is another example of why athletes should have no input into uniform decisions.

Yes, it would be much better if senile old men like Ralph Wilson or nutjobs like Danny Snyder, who probably sleeps in his 1983 Redskins underoos, made uniform decisions instead.

How can all-black STILL be cool? It's been so forcibly jarred down the throat of college football that it's not rare at all and it's nothing special whatsoever. If the players had their way 98% of teams would be black/black/#_____

edit: these enormous tarps at the Jags home stadium are pretty degrading.

The Jags wore all-black with their previous black alternate so this isn't a big deal and black is one of thier main colors.

72662913_display_image.jpg?1306907473

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just noticed the referee's shirts are now featuring a new font. Looks like they're now using the "futuristic" font the league uses in the Super Bowl logo (I wanna say it's called Orbit).

6uXNWAo.png

The Jags wore all-black with their previous black alternate so this isn't a big deal and black is one of thier main colors.

72662913_display_image.jpg?1306907473

It sucked then and it sucks now. However, those uniforms were still much better than the current ones. Also, those uniforms weren't ultra matte and those helmets didn't have teal sparkles.

The Jags decided to wear the white pants today. They still looked very bad, but not nearly as bad as the solid black. Since they lost by 38, I imagine they will deem the combo as bad luck and wear solid black next time. Ugh.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Just noticed the referee's shirts are now featuring a new font. Looks like they're now using the "futuristic" font the league uses in the Super Bowl logo (I wanna say it's called Orbit).

I thought something looked different. Is this what they were talking about when the referees signed the new contract and they said Nike would be able to get the refs new uniforms before their first game? At the time no one had any idea what they meant by the comment.

This is another example of why athletes should have no input into uniform decisions.

Yes, it would be much better if senile old men like Ralph Wilson or nutjobs like Danny Snyder, who probably sleeps in his 1983 Redskins underoos, made uniform decisions instead.

This raises an interesting question. Who exactly SHOULD determine how a team looks?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

This raises an interesting question. Who exactly SHOULD determine how a team looks?

That's a great question. I assume the owner if they're interested, but if not, does the responsibility just trickle down the food chain until it gets to someone who wants to (or has to) deal with it?

Edit: They're talking about Brees' height (again) on SNF and it made me wonder: would it be legal to outfit him with a special cleat that adds height? He could probably play comfortably with like an inch added to the entire bottom of the shoe (no, I'm not suggesting heels...).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The team should issue an open invitation for fans to send in designs, then they should form a committee to evaluate the submissions, compile all the best ideas and have the in-house design team incorporate these ideas when creating the look.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Tubby34 said this in the 'Teams That Never Had a Bad Look' thread and I'll use it to conclude my opinion of the Panthers uniforms:

Longevity isn't the basis for a great identity. It's simply the hallmark of stubbornness. (...) but some people seem to confuse longevity with beauty.

Holy :censored:- someone quoted me in a completely different thread- I feel honored.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I want to see the patriots wear their white jerseys with silver pants so badly.

i want the titans to wear their columbia blue jerseys with white pants equally as badly.

ACTION-Rams-MarshallFaulk.jpg

Bring back the gold pants. So much better than this navy-soaked rags they wear now. That or better yet renew the look altogether to their true colors.

I agree with this big time. When the Rams switched to these uniforms and colors, they looked perfect. Now they use different combinations and look atrocious. Get rid completely of the white pants and I guess wear the navy ones away only (if that) and they would look great again. I feel the exact same about the Titans. Burn the powder blue pants and jerseys so we NEVER have to see those again. White pants with the navy home jerseys, navy pants only with the away. Big emphasis on navy pants with away. The powder blue pants with the white away uniforms are simply nauseating.

Untitled.png

wow. as a titans fan, i totally disagree. the white jersey over columbia pants is by far the best uniform the team has worn since the name change. looks very oilery. i dont like the titans as a navy blue team. they owned luv ya blue for decades. dont throw that away just to be another navy team.

wow. as a titans fan, i totally disagree. the white jersey over columbia pants is by far the best uniform the team has worn since the name change. looks very oilery. i dont like the titans as a navy blue team. they owned luv ya blue for decades. dont throw that away just to be another navy team.

I completely agree that the white over columbia pants is a great looking set. But at home I wish they would go back to this look:

vmu6vxmok6y3tlo9jhhhoipcq.gif

spacer.png

I formerly longed for the Titans to wear columbia blue. However, seeing it for the last several years, I'm over it. The original Titans set was by far the best they have looked. Sure, the columbia jersey would look 1000x better with white pants. However, I prefer the navy. Bring back the original set and pair the white jersey and navy pants with white socks, striped in the same pattern as the white pants. That wouldn't be a perfect set, but it would be much, much better.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Titans need to have a huge bonfire and toss everything about their uniforms into it and burn them to a crisp.

Logos, helmets, jerseys and pants all need to be tossed into the fire.

This is a team in desperate need for a uniform re-do. Just a terrible and STALE look from top-to-bottom.

And what makes it worse? This boring-ass team only wears 2 combos all year long. Just horrible.

The Titans need to have a huge bonfire and toss everything about their uniforms into it and burn them to a crisp.

This is a team in desperate need for a uniform re-do. Just a terrible and STALE look from top-to-bottom.

And what makes it worse? This boring-ass team only wears 2 combos all year long. Just horrible.

Please tell me how you really feel.

He just did. What else you got?

While I don't agree with your statement about the staleness of the identity I have met many people who have echoed this sentiment. It makes me wonder if I'm giving them a pass when I really should be a bit more critical of their look; not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I guess its not great, but its not completely horrible so I guess it works. *shoulder shrug*

He just did. What else you got?

While I don't agree with your statement about the staleness of the identity I have met many people who have echoed this sentiment. It makes me wonder if I'm giving them a pass when I really should be a bit more critical of their look; not sure how I feel about it to be honest. I guess its not great, but its not completely horrible so I guess it works. *shoulder shrug*

He held back. I feel it.

Archived