NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I like the Broncos' logo, but my one quibble is that I don't think it works particularly well anywhere but the helmet. It is so horizontal that it looks awkward, to my eye, on a coach's shirt (my biggest problem with Flying Elvis, even if the Bronco isn't quite as bad).

Excellent helmet logo, but makes me wish again that more football teams used different logos for different applications.

The Eagles and Vikings both have helmet designs that are unworkable in any non-helmet context. That's why their non-helmet logos are actually their primaries. Good solution.

The Chargers are the worst example. Every time I see the helmet bolt on a hat or coaches shirt I can't believe how stupid it looks. The Chargers are in desperate need of a non-helmet primary. (And the Browns, obviously) (The Bengals, ironically, are in need of LESS non-helmet logos vying for primary. Tiger head, full tiger, striped B... pick one)

Absolutely. While the Rams, Eagles, Bengals, and Vikes don't really have "logos" on their helmets, the Chargers do. They put that curvy bolt on caps and elsewhere and it looks terrible everywhere except for the helmet. Part of me thinks they should have just used a Air Force-like bolt, but I have to admit the Chargers helmet looks way better than Air Force's. So that is one team that needs a different logo for other applications, whereas the Seahawks, Cardinals, etc. have logos that look good on the helmet and elsewhere. I don't actually have a problem with Denver or Flying Elvis used elsewhere.

PS: "Full Tiger".

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it's not. It's a valid opinion on that logo. Disagree if you want, but you can't deny that it has a lot of "90s" design qualities. It's very much s product of the era in which it was designed.

Good or bad? In the eye of the beholder. It still is what it is though.

like what, bold line work? even as an "angry mascot" its a timeless logo. it works in 1 color. it works in reversed direction. there's no executional flaws. its simple, visible is application, distinctive, great color (and if you wanted to change it to royal blue it still works) works with a key stroke on multiple background colors or with negative space on blue as on the helmet. a great depiction of the "wild spirit of the west"

The mane is pretty clumsy looking. I think the whole thing is a bit too robotic, to tell you the truth. That's just a stylistic thing, but that may be what dates it to a certain degree. I'd prefer a few more organic touches if they have to go with this style of logo. I think you're using the term 'works' too loosely here. It looks pretty terrible on any color that requires the use of that dark keyline. There's also too much white, proportionally. It makes it look very flat. More white/blue balance is needed.

I also like to affectionately call this logo 'Woltz's Special' due to the fact that it resembles a decapitated stud.

The old logo is dated as well.

If there was some kind of modernization or mash-up of the two, then that could maybe work...

(BTW, I think the current is better as well)

Just remembered this. Probably 3 and a half years old.

broncos.png

I'd be more than okay with this.

Maybe with a few tweaks, that would be GREAT.

Tweaks? On my 3.5 year old brain vomits? I've never been so insulted. :P

who made this updated Broncos logo? pretty nice work.

Really? :P

Not really a fan of how the Bronco would be forced to face the wrong way on the left side of the helmet.

I feel what the Broncos currently use is absolutely perfect. A modern classic.

That's my least favorite part about it as well, but it never bothered me on the old logo. Truth be told, I've never mocked this one up to see how it would look on the backward facing side, but if it were up to me, their helmet would just have a D on it anyway.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Not really a fan of how the Bronco would be forced to face the wrong way on the left side of the helmet.

Exactly. The current Broncos Logo is among the best in sports. I think it will stand the test of time. I don't know how anyone can say that this

5y0vjvdu1bxh0dh52nr1tefrq.gif

Is Better than this

9ebzja2zfeigaziee8y605aqp.gif

Because...

NOSTALGIA!!!

To some people, anything new or current will never be as good as it was "in their day".

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I think the broncos have one if not the best logo in the league. And I don't think it looks like a 90s design at all. I think the Houston rockets 90s logo epitomizes 90s design. The broncos logo peanut look dated one but in my opinion.

And I don't think that logo being visible from the front really matters, I like flying Elvis, it looks really solid and actually fairly modern to me. I can't think of any classic helmets aside from the chargers with the logo visible from the front.

Yep, that one's the absolute worst.

I'll give the Broncos this - at least they position their logo correctly on the helmet. The aspect ratio is so out of whack on Elvis, and they position him so far back, that he's virtually absent on the front of the helmet. A non-entity.

All that wasted real estate on the front part of the helmet, perhaps the most important view, and yet the two logos almost touch on the back of the helmet.

Denver doesn't have this problem, in part because of the helmet stripe and in part because they allow the logo to wrap more around the front of the helmet, allowing all the elements to come together in a visually striking point, focusing all attention right at the player's eyes.

That, I think, is the real genius of the Broncos' helmet design. There's no angle from which you only see a blank helmet; no matter which way you're viewing it the team's design elements are always present and always drawing your eye with purpose. That's how it's done.

You pointed to the Patriots about the blankness on the front view of the helmet. For me the worst and most annoying offender of this is the Cardinals.

ffbfb45e6c32c518ffff880affffe417.jpg

larry-fitzgerald.jpg

Can a dude get a helmet stripe or something?!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

No, it's not. It's a valid opinion on that logo. Disagree if you want, but you can't deny that it has a lot of "90s" design qualities. It's very much s product of the era in which it was designed.

Good or bad? In the eye of the beholder. It still is what it is though.

like what, bold line work? even as an "angry mascot" its a timeless logo. it works in 1 color. it works in reversed direction. there's no executional flaws. its simple, visible is application, distinctive, great color (and if you wanted to change it to royal blue it still works) works with a key stroke on multiple background colors or with negative space on blue as on the helmet. a great depiction of the "wild spirit of the west"

The mane is pretty clumsy looking. I think the whole thing is a bit too robotic, to tell you the truth. That's just a stylistic thing, but that may be what dates it to a certain degree. I'd prefer a few more organic touches if they have to go with this style of logo. I think you're using the term 'works' too loosely here. It looks pretty terrible on any color that requires the use of that dark keyline. There's also too much white, proportionally. It makes it look very flat. More white/blue balance is needed.

I also like to affectionately call this logo 'Woltz's Special' due to the fact that it resembles a decapitated stud.

ive really got no problem with any of that. more of what i like about it actually, LOL

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Exactly. The current Broncos Logo is among the best in sports. I think it will stand the test of time. I don't know how anyone can say that this

Is Better than this

It may not be better, but I like it better, and a nicely updated version would blow the current Broncos logo out of the water. Look at the new one with the points around the mouth and the weird squared jaw and the tiny, pointy ears and the angry orange eye and the flaming mane. And is that chaw in his cheek?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yep, that one's the absolute worst.

I'll give the Broncos this - at least they position their logo correctly on the helmet. The aspect ratio is so out of whack on Elvis, and they position him so far back, that he's virtually absent on the front of the helmet. A non-entity.

All that wasted real estate on the front part of the helmet, perhaps the most important view, and yet the two logos almost touch on the back of the helmet.

Denver doesn't have this problem, in part because of the helmet stripe and in part because they allow the logo to wrap more around the front of the helmet, allowing all the elements to come together in a visually striking point, focusing all attention right at the player's eyes.

That, I think, is the real genius of the Broncos' helmet design. There's no angle from which you only see a blank helmet; no matter which way you're viewing it the team's design elements are always present and always drawing your eye with purpose. That's how it's done.

You pointed to the Patriots about the blankness on the front view of the helmet. For me the worst and most annoying offender of this is the Cardinals.

larry-fitzgerald.jpg

Can a dude get a helmet stripe or something?!

I agree and I believe most teams with white helmets and no stripes look horrible. The only team that I believe pulls it off is the Chargers.

san-diego-chargers-football.jpg

spacer.png

It may not be better, but I like it better, and a nicely updated version would blow the current Broncos logo out of the water. Look at the new one with the points around the mouth and the weird squared jaw and the tiny, pointy ears and the angry orange eye and the flaming mane. And is that chaw in his cheek?

You know, I never noticed the ear before. Now I can't unsee it. It's terrible.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Is Better than this

Because...

NOSTALGIA!!!

To some people, anything new or current will never be as good as it was "in their day".

I want to give you the Highest of Fives. Some looks should stay in the past.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

I think the broncos have one if not the best logo in the league. And I don't think it looks like a 90s design at all. I think the Houston rockets 90s logo epitomizes 90s design. The broncos logo peanut look dated one but in my opinion.

Brilliant. I don't know what it means, but I can't stop repeating it.

Is Better than this

Because...

NOSTALGIA!!!

I want to give you the Highest of Fives. Some looks should stay in the past.

I will agree that some people do not like changes, but I don't think that is the whole story for this topic. I remember when the Broncos first introduced their current uniform design and people HATED it. Now it is 2012 and people have every right to hate the uniform because quite frankly it is dated. But I believe people are looking at a broader picture here for an update. The narrow view may be that the Broncos need to update their current uniform, but leave the logo the same, would anyone agree with that thinking? Or would you prefer to keep the current color scheme and go back to the old uniform style?

As for me, I love the current logo and color scheme but wish they would change the uniform itself.

spacer.png

Actually, I liked the Broncos' uniforms when they came out (although I loved the previous sets). However, in retrospect, that was the uniform which changed design in the NFL. It wasn't bad itself, but it brought on a great deal of bad afterwards. As I said previously, I wish I could go back in time and destroy that uniform before it could spawn evil, like the computer chip and robotic arm in Terminator 2.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Actually, I liked the Broncos' uniforms when they came out (although I loved the previous sets). However, in retrospect, that was the uniform which changed design in the NFL. It wasn't bad itself, but it brought on a great deal of bad afterwards. As I said previously, I wish I could go back in time and destroy that uniform before it could spawn evil, like the computer chip and robotic arm in Terminator 2.

That is a nice comparison!

spacer.png

If there was some kind of modernization or mash-up of the two, then that could maybe work...

broncos.png

How about incorporating this horse logo into the D? Then getting rid of the pointed stripe (I hate it) and replacing it with the old-style white-orange-white stripe?

denver_broncos-horse-leap-320x480.jpg?w=320

Brilliant. I don't know what it means, but I can't stop repeating it.

What can I say? I'm an innovator.

Doesn't look dated one bit is what I meant...I think. Autocorrect can be your best friend or your worst enemy.

Is Better than this

I'm OK with the current Broncos helmet as a whole, but one thing bugs me more than anything else concerning it...the pupil of the eye. It's something you'd expect on a snake- or cat-themed team's logo. To be fair, I'm not sure what to do to fix it...remove the pupil? That seems to make it too simple there. Round out the pupil to look more like a horse's eye? I don't know how (or if) it would gel with the rest of the logo.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

broncos.png

How about incorporating this horse logo into the D? Then getting rid of the pointed stripe (I hate it) and replacing it with the old-style white-orange-white stripe?

denver_broncos-horse-leap-320x480.jpg?w=320

It's been tried many times and has never looked good. If you are going to go back to the horse inside of the D concept, you need to come up with a completely new horse logo, like Andrew Harrington did. And while the helmet stripes aren't very good, they fit perfectly with the sharp and jagged lines of the logo. A classic helmet stripe just wouldn't go well with the current logo.

jNTsTyQ.png

Archived