NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the Steelers. Hate 'em. Today, though, I'm a huge Bumblebees fan. If they switched to those full time, I would be forced to kind of like them.

The socks really make the look, and it appears that someone on the team put their foot down about the uniforms and made everyone wear them right.

All those stripes. Mmm.

I hope that when the Steelers were introduced, instead of running out of the tunnel they had a little tiny car drive to the middle of the field and the all climbed out of it.

I hope that when the Steelers were introduced, instead of running out of the tunnel they had a little tiny car drive to the middle of the field and the all climbed out of it.

You may say it thrice, but not even that will besmirch the Steelers' very cool alts. ;)

Give them a Michigan-style gold-on-black helmet and we'd have a world-ending singularity of awesome stripey-ness.

I think that Nike did a really nice job with these in making them not only in the style of the originals, but also updating them to be aesthetically pleasing modern uniforms. They didn't jam a square peg into a round hole; they lathed the square peg until it fit and thereby created a whole new thing that's flavored by the original styling, but definitely modern in design.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting little move by UA:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=454083574632798&set=a.233362006704957.53331.214003275307497&type=1&theater

On every pic of TB12 in this year's jersey with a visible swoosh, the swoosh is clone-tool'd out (sometimes poorly). Also interesting, looking at some older pics, it looks as though they removed any trace of Nike on his cleats.

Interesting little move by UA:

http://www.facebook....&type=1

On every pic of TB12 in this year's jersey with a visible swoosh, the swoosh is clone-tool'd out (sometimes poorly). Also interesting, looking at some older pics, it looks as though they removed any trace of Nike on his cleats.

Not an uncommon thing to do, but not everyone does it. There was a huge Adrian Peterson wall graphic in the Chicago Niketown last year, and they left the Reebok logos on his jersey, for example.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I wonder under which situations that is allowed. I know when Reebok had the contract, it mandated that its logos couldn't be covered up on advertising featuring any player in uniform. I'm sure it's the same way with Nike now. Still, although the AP poster in Niketown previously and the pictures of Brady are not part of a TV spot or magazine ad, they are advertising.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Not entirely related but Bryce Harper tweeted a pic with Adidas socks on and Nike shoes. Wonder of that's a contract breach of any sort?

Those socks may be RGIII's.

And with how popular Harper is right now and in the future, UA would have to be pretty stupid to try to cut him loose.

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

I wonder under which situations that is allowed. I know when Reebok had the contract, it mandated that its logos couldn't be covered up on advertising featuring any player in uniform. I'm sure it's the same way with Nike now. Still, although the AP poster in Niketown previously and the pictures of Brady are not part of a TV spot or magazine ad, they are advertising.

I don't think the NBA allows photos of its players to be modified at all in that way.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm really liking the Jaguars all-black under the night lights. Looks sharp.

I think the opposite. Seeing them wear black with the black pants, and under the lights shows just how amateurish these uniforms are. The jerseys/pants would be terrible no matter which combo they wore, but they chose the worst possible. Also, they wear super sparkly helmets with ultra matte garbage uniforms. It looks almost like they are wearing sweat pants with black t-shirts.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived