NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

The tights thing is nothing new players have been doing that for years now, but the sleeve numbers on the Cowboys jersey is kinda weird. Although in saying that many teams use a different font/style for their TV numbers, eg the Bears and the Packers (and I'm sure a few others) so it's not complete unheard of either.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The tights thing is nothing new players have been doing that for years now, but the sleeve numbers on the Cowboys jersey is kinda weird. Although in saying that many teams use a different font/style for their TV numbers, eg the Bears and the Packers (and I'm sure a few others) so it's not complete unheard of either.

9erssteve

Another team is the Seahawks, whose shoulder numbers don't have a neon outline.

The Seahawksa numbers bug me because of that. It was kind of cool when the Patriots rebranded but the Seahawks makes it look unfinished IMO. I'ts still a fresh look that if it was not an NFL team, most people may have liked. I'm also surprised the name on shoulder took so long after all the Pro Bowl jerseys ago that had that feature for each team.

does anyone else find it annoying that the cowboys have there regular number font on the sleeves of their throwback jersey?

201211221952715427518-p2.jpg

Not really. The fact that those numbers are far smaller necessitates them to be wider and less "fancy" in that they don't have the serifs on them for the purpose of legibility. The Eagles throwbacks from a few years ago were the same way:

106582633.jpg

I realize that yes, we have HD TVs now, etc. But there are still 70,000 fans that are watching it at a distance in the stadium as well as all of those folks out there who are watching in bars and on smaller TVs.

Plus, I don't think they look bad at all, differing from the numbers on the back and front. I think it shows greater care in design when the front numbers differ from the back numbers which differ from those on the sleeves. It indicates that the numbers were designed specifically for where they're placed on the uniform. No corners were cut, so to speak, in that aspect.

Archived