NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I'll get slaughtered for this, but... the Packers are going modern? Finally! Braisher stripes simply do not work on today's shrinking sleeves.

I've been saying this publicly for three and a half years - there is an easy solution to that seemingly-intractable problem.

And I'm someone who was actually sorry that Ron Wolf didn't pull the trigger on his 1994 change.

An easy solution that will only work for the 5 players on every team who wear undersleeves.

And that's good enough for me.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll get slaughtered for this, but... the Packers are going modern? Finally! Braisher stripes simply do not work on today's shrinking sleeves.

I've been saying this publicly for three and a half years - there is an easy solution to that seemingly-intractable problem.

And I'm someone who was actually sorry that Ron Wolf didn't pull the trigger on his 1994 change.

Dude, give it a rest. Oregon State tried it once and it looked pretty good, but it would never work because no player would wear the under sleeves. Plus, how would the NFL sell those jerseys no one would want to buy a compression shirt to wear under their jersey they just bought. We get that you like it, and write letters to the Pack and junk, but dude, it is not going to happen

Dude, give it a rest. Oregon State tried it once and it looked pretty good, but it would never work because no player would wear the under sleeves. Plus, how would the NFL sell those jerseys no one would want to buy a compression shirt to wear under their jersey they just bought. We get that you like it, and write letters to the Pack and junk, but dude, it is not going to happen

I disagree. I think it's a perfect solution. And for sales, not a problem at all. There are a ton of shirts out there with faux undershirts. Simply build the sleeves into the jersey.

I disagree. I think it's a perfect solution. And for sales, not a problem at all. There are a ton of shirts out there with faux undershirts. Simply build the sleeves into the jersey.

I'm not saying it wouldn't look good. I loved those Oregon State pro combats a few years back. All I'm saying is players will not want to wear them and it would never fly

What you mean to say is "not all players will want to wear them". I noticed quite a few players wore the compression undershirts quite regularly last season. Josh Freeman, LeGarrette Blount, and Cam Newton are three off the top of my head.

But yeah...not every player will want to wear those, and that'll be the main source of the issue.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Is there any reason to actually believe the Packers are going modern?

No, not really. In fact, in terms of the bulk of the reporting so far, there's every reason to believe the Packers (and about 29 to 30 other teams) are not really changing much of anything, design-wise. New materials, new cuts (so Nike can trump up how "cutting edge" they are and get more high schools and colleges to jump on), but as far as designs? Nope... pretty sure Lights Out will remain disapointed.

Is there any reason to actually believe the Packers are going modern?

No, not really. In fact, in terms of the bulk of the reporting so far, there's every reason to believe the Packers (and about 29 to 30 other teams) are not really changing much of anything, design-wise. New materials, new cuts (so Nike can trump up how "cutting edge" they are and get more high schools and colleges to jump on), but as far as designs? Nope...pretty sure Lights Out will remain disapointed.

Lights Out plus like 90% of casual fans. Casual fans on Twitter want the Jets to look more like Oregon and less old-school. No joke.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Really hoping the Bengals get new jerseys. Never have been a fan of the stuff they have now. Hopefully those unis along with Arizona's are gone soon.

I wouldn't be surprised if they tweak them significantly, I might be way wrong on this, but did the giants ever switch to their current unis or did they technically just tweak the old, red collar/triangle ones ?

Really hoping the Bengals get new jerseys. Never have been a fan of the stuff they have now. Hopefully those unis along with Arizona's are gone soon.

Already emailed the Bengals equipment manager. No change in the jersey, hopefully next year.

Already emailed the Bengals equipment manager. No change in the jersey, hopefully next year.

Shouldn't there be subtle changes though? Will Nike's jersey cuts support those side panels? Maybe Nike has a new jersey cut we have not seen yet? Anyone want to elaborate on this? I was under the impression we were going to see side paneled jerseys (Cardinals, Falcons, Bengals, etc) get some significant changes made.

Shouldn't there be subtle changes though? Will Nike's jersey cuts support those side panels? Maybe Nike has a new jersey cut we have not seen yet? Anyone want to elaborate on this? I was under the impression we were going to see side paneled jerseys (Cardinals, Falcons, Bengals, etc) get some significant changes made.

Nike can make a jersey to fit any type of design.

Personally, I think that might happen as well. I think that because of designs not being able to fit on the speed machine template that some things, like busy side panels, might be modified or removed all together.

spacer.png

Personally, I think that might happen as well. I think that because of designs not being able to fit on the speed machine templat that some things, like busy side panels, might be modified or removed all together.

Which would improve the Bengals' uniforms immensely.

Personally, I think that might happen as well. I think that because of designs not being able to fit on the speed machine templat that some things, like busy side panels, might be modified or removed all together.

Which would improve the Bengals' uniforms immensely.

Yes, it would. It would also improve the Vikings' jersey, the Cardinals' jersey, the Falcons' jersey (that annoying little pinstripe isn't a side panel, exactly, but I hate it just as much)... I'd be willing to see if it would improve the Broncos and the Patriots, too.

Please.

I'm just pretty sure none of that will be happening in 2012... there would've been some indication, I believe. Let's keep our fingers crossed for 2013.

Does the switch from Reebok to Nike reset the 5-year uniform change limit? Does it allow for tweaks? Or does it only allow for construction-related stuff?

Well it must do something because the Jaguars are doing a full make over in 13 after only 4 season in the current uniform.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Does the switch from Reebok to Nike reset the 5-year uniform change limit? Does it allow for tweaks? Or does it only allow for construction-related stuff?

Well it must do something because the Jaguars are doing a full make over in 13 after only 4 season in the current uniform.

Are we expecting a new Jaguars logo as well? While it is a solid logo, I feel like it could use a modernization, much like the Panthers logo just got.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived