NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Yes that swoosh is about as big as the damn Dolphins logo.

Someone go check on Paul Lukas. He might need his meds.

And a course of exposure therapy.

Regardless, I agree that it isn't so much of a "big Nike" mark problem as it is a "small Dolphin" one.

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure the size of the manufacturer logo is specified by the NFL, just like the location of it is.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that swoosh is about as big as the damn Dolphins logo.

Someone go check on Paul Lukas. He might need his meds.

And a course of exposure therapy.

Regardless, I agree that it isn't so much of a "big Nike" mark problem as it is a "small Dolphin" one.

I'm thinking the same thing. I'm pretty sure the size of the manufacturer logo is specified by the NFL, just like the location of it is.

Correct. There's a max. height, width and area.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

has there been any other confirmations on which teams are making "drastic changes to their uniforms" other than the Seahawks and Broncos?

Even Seattle is not being described as " drastic" but we shall see.

I think with a lot of this "Nike/changes" talk, drastic refers to what Nike hs done in the past with certain colleges, and how far that might deviate from the NFL norm. The change could be technically drastic for Seattle and still not be seen as "drastic" on the Nike-Fear scale.

Exactly, which is kind of what I was getting at with the question. I hope none of the NFL changes come anywhere close to some of the Pro Combat unis. I love the Pro Combat designs as one offs but not as full time unis. There hasn't been any indication (to my knowledge) that they will even come close to the PC designs from the past few years but you never know until you see them.

Ok guys this is a complete shot out of left field here, but i was on nikeblog.com and happened to see a picture of the new nike cleats that were revealed in January. Now most of the teams colors appear to be the same, but something looks off on a few teams to me. That large amount of silver on the Eagles, grey on the Giants, and black on the Colts. I'm sure it's nothing but they just look off to me.

Nike-NFL-Team-Gloves-2.jpg

Looks like these will not have the same exact fabrics as the pro combats used last year.

dolph.png

It seems like this particular Dolphins template is that of what Virginia Tech and LSU currently use.

except if you look to the opposite side you see the shoulders and the chest are made of the same material. similar to what boisie state and a few other schools wear...where the mesh is only over the stomach area not the full chest

c8Qm2.AuSt.36.jpg

Miami.png

Looks like these will not have the same exact fabrics as the pro combats used last year.

dolph.png

Seems pretty clear to me the Dolphins' jersey has the same mesh panel that runs up behind the arm on the Michigan State jersey. The areas you've circled in the photos seem to refute your point.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

To comment on the picture above. The seams on the front and back, though, aren't what we typically see from Pro Combat jerseys. I'm pretty convinced this is the VT/LSU template Nike used for the Dolphins.

Also, the difference in cut that we see in this jersey (besides materials) as opposed to what Reebok did was that the "mesh" material goes all the way up the past the nameplate instead of ending just below (which is more like Pro Combat and less like the VT/LSU cut)

Something else I see and can't seem to identify is in the lower left corner of the picture, there is something sewn on the jersey that doesn't seem to be a number (the top edge of the number "4" should be seen here if Sean Smith still wears 24).

Yeah I was curious about that white and teal item on the left upper chest area too. It seems like the number on the shoulder (presumably the 2nd digit) isn't a 4, it looks too rounded on the bottom. It also doesn't seem to have a drop shadow. Now all these things are based on a tiny photo...but who knows.

I think the most interesting part is the detailed striping on the sleeve...I was assuming most of that would be gone (from all teams) due to the difficulty of keeping uniform when worn on the field.

Ok guys this is a complete shot out of left field here, but i was on nikeblog.com and happened to see a picture of the new nike cleats that were revealed in January. Now most of the teams colors appear to be the same, but something looks off on a few teams to me. That large amount of silver on the Eagles, grey on the Giants, and black on the Colts. I'm sure it's nothing but they just look off to me.

Nike-NFL-Team-Gloves-2.jpg

Yes, and Seattle, Kansas City and Minnesota are all using different shades of their respective secondary colours.

But I'm sure it's probably just the graphic. I believe the NFL still has their rule about white or black cleats in place.

Love what I'm seeing in the Seahawks. More of a royal blue and a lot of the green. Good signs if it means anything.

dolph.png

Seems pretty clear to me the Dolphins' jersey has the same mesh panel that runs up behind the arm on the Michigan State jersey. The areas you've circled in the photos seem to refute your point.

You might wanna take a closer look. Those are definitely two different fabrics.

On 3/15/2012 at 8:08 PM, cameroncrazie07 said:

As a Vikings fan, I hope it's meaningless.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The lack of border around the swoosh makes it look bigger than the old logo. I know a sizeable group is ready to crucify Nike for ruining the NFL, but this isn't reason to. The Nike & Reebok logos are the same size.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Seems to be the same cuts. Whether the fabric is 100% exactly the same is debatable, but it appears the same.

If it holds any merit, some graphical representations that i've seen have incorporated the "flywire" collar style like below:

New_Oregon_Nike_Pro_Combat_Uniforms_Top_Half.jpg

That would look so good with Teal instead....

#DTWD #GoJaguars

dolph.png

You seem to be arguing fit as a basis for the materials, but the Dolphins jersey is not on a player in that photo. Of course it won't fit the same; it's not fitting anything.

Archived