NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't keep the rumors straight--are the Jaguars getting new helmets?

I thought we were expecting them to look the same in 2012 and then change to primarily black uniforms in 2014.

That's what I thought too (though I heard the new uniforms were coming in 2013). I know they said they'll have a black alt next season, but it wouldn't come with a new helmet.

I can't keep the rumors straight--are the Jaguars getting new helmets?

I thought we were expecting them to look the same in 2012 and then change to primarily black uniforms in 2014.

That's what I thought too (though I heard the new uniforms were coming in 2013). I know they said they'll have a black alt next season, but it wouldn't come with a new helmet.

From everything we understand down here it's an alt black of the current uniform ( which may in it's self become primary) and a whole new set in 2013 with all black being the primary and white / black being the road and teal / black being the 3rd. I haven't gotten a confirmation on the helmet yet.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Looks like these will not have the same exact fabrics as the pro combats used last year.

dolph.png

Seems pretty clear to me the Dolphins' jersey has the same mesh panel that runs up behind the arm on the Michigan State jersey. The areas you've circled in the photos seem to refute your point.

You might wanna take a closer look. Those are definitely two different fabrics.

I don't know what you're seeing here. It looks to me like it's the same mesh fabric panel that runs under the arm and up the back of the shoulder to the yoke. The only difference is the Dolphins' jersey appears to be one of the sleeved cuts (see any pic of Darron Thomas) as opposed to the sleeveless lineman cuts.

The panel could be the same chain-maille mesh that Nike put on Oregon in the Rose Bowl, but that was a very toothy, textured fabric, while this looks to have a similar mesh pattern as the fabric panel on the MSU jersey.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Looks like these will not have the same exact fabrics as the pro combats used last year.

dolph.png

Seems pretty clear to me the Dolphins' jersey has the same mesh panel that runs up behind the arm on the Michigan State jersey. The areas you've circled in the photos seem to refute your point.

I don't know what you're seeing here. It looks to me like it's the same mesh fabric panel that runs under the arm and up the back of the shoulder to the yoke. The only difference is the Dolphins' jersey appears to be one of the sleeved cuts (see any pic of Darron Thomas) as opposed to the sleeveless lineman cuts.

The panel could be the same chain-maille mesh that Nike put on Oregon in the Rose Bowl, but that was a very toothy, textured fabric, while this looks to have a similar mesh pattern as the fabric panel on the MSU jersey.

To me, the fabric that i circled on the dolphins jersey does not look like it has any holes in it. It looks like parts of it are somewhat embossed. I may be wrong but I guess I will just have to wait until a better view of the back of the jersey comes out until i know for sure.

"@TjHeath34: Way better RT @Rock_Star_Chef: @TjHeath34 Oregon bowl game fresh?"

Another tweet.

I know it won't be, but this tweet makes me think of the gold helmets they gave to the former owners.

I've heard RUMORS of everything from graphite" ish" to a black chrome. But everything I'm understanding it's not the Gold ones HYI did for the Weavers.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

im sure the Jags 'new' helmet is just the previous design given the HGI treatment. similar to what Notre Dame did in-season... or the Giants for the SB.

Well the helmet has already been black with a teal flake since 09 when we to the current uniforms. So it would have to be something different and my guess since teal is no longer the primary color the teal flake helmet is up for change also.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

im sure the Jags 'new' helmet is just the previous design given the HGI treatment. similar to what Notre Dame did in-season... or the Giants for the SB.

That's what I would expect, but it doesn't seem like something to tweet about.

dolph.png

To me, the fabric that i circled on the dolphins jersey does not look like it has any holes in it. It looks like parts of it are somewhat embossed. I may be wrong but I guess I will just have to wait until a better view of the back of the jersey comes out until i know for sure.

To me, it definitely looks like it has rows of mesh holes

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

No new helmet for the Jaguars. I tweeted the equipment manager and he said no changes for 2012. Basically said Heath (the player who tweeted about the "new" helmets) is seeing things. Also mentioned 2013 uniforms are still in the design process and that he currently has samples.

No new helmet for the Jaguars. I tweeted the equipment manager and he said no changes for 2012. Basically said Heath (the player who tweeted about the "new" helmets) is seeing things. Also mentioned 2013 uniforms are still in the design process and that he currently has samples.

The equipment manager Drew Hampton is very good in talking about unis with his followers. Of course he can't reveal much but he is always good in answering questions

Go A's!

It will be interesting to see how the logo looks on all the jerseys. I am not a fan of it on that Dolphins jersey but I could imagine it being less annoying on other jerseys.

It will also be interesting to see if the swooshes are a normal, standard Black and White format, or if the team colors will be incorporated.

Archived