NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

The one change the Broncos will have to make is wearing the road pants (blue stripe) at home, relegating the former home pants (orange stripe) to alternate status.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the former home pants go away altogether. The Broncos have become pretty fond of the all-blue look, so they may use that as the alternate and just go with two pairs of pants. But that's just speculation on my part. After thinking about it for a second they could also only go with two pairs of pants if they ditched the navy ones instead.

I wouldn't be upset if they changed the stripe on the white jersey to orange and wore the blue pants with them.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one change the Broncos will have to make is wearing the road pants (blue stripe) at home, relegating the former home pants (orange stripe) to alternate status.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the former home pants go away altogether. The Broncos have become pretty fond of the all-blue look, so they may use that as the alternate and just go with two pairs of pants. But that's just speculation on my part. After thinking about it for a second they could also only go with two pairs of pants if they ditched the navy ones instead.

I wouldn't be upset if they changed the stripe on the white jersey to orange and wore the blue pants with them.

I've always assumed that the Broncos wore monochrome white on the road instead of navy pants to distance themselves from the Bears road look, but I could be totally wrong.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Per Tony Grossi of WKNR In Clevland.

Hey Jay: Early renditions of proposed Browns uniform changes by Nike included all kind of combinations. I?m almost ashamed to admit I liked the white top/brown pants look, and there is a version in the Nike collection. I would expect a major change in Browns apparel in 2012.

Im excited to see what they have changed.

Nothing, stop buying into lousy sources. We know there will be very few changes in 2012 save for the reebok logo switching to a swoosh. Lets all calm down.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that Tony is referring to that debunked Browns concept from this thread. The one that had all the combos. Someone tried to sell it as legit again.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Per Tony Grossi of WKNR In Clevland.

Hey Jay: Early renditions of proposed Browns uniform changes by Nike included all kind of combinations. I?m almost ashamed to admit I liked the white top/brown pants look, and there is a version in the Nike collection. I would expect a major change in Browns apparel in 2012.

Im excited to see what they have changed.

Nothing, stop buying into lousy sources. We know there will be very few changes in 2012 save for the reebok logo switching to a swoosh. Lets all calm down.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that Tony is referring to that debunked Browns concept from this thread. The one that had all the combos. Someone tried to sell it as legit again.

I wouldn't doubt that myself.

But along with everything else and who all is getting new 3rd jerseys or having their identities touched up and or modified. I wouldn't be so shocked to see some additional options back with the browns and or some other teams for that matter.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I could swear we heard a reputable source state that they were getting orange pants with a navy inset to go with their white road unis.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Any chance there's a team that makes significant chances to their uniforms that we haven't discussed yet?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Any chance there's a team that makes significant chances to their uniforms that we haven't discussed yet?

Without any firm information to back this up, I'd say there's about a 75% chance that someone unveils a significant uniform change we don't see coming on April4.

I could swear we heard a reputable source state that they were getting orange pants with a navy inset to go with their white road unis.

Yes I recall the samething I don't remember if it was in this thread or not. Im pretty sure it was. Or I read something about that.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Without any firm information to back this up, I'd say there's about a 75% chance that someone unveils a significant uniform change we don't see coming on April4.

I'm willing to bet there will be a curve ball or two during that Nike-NFL presser/unveiling !

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I personally expect the overwhelming sense on the 4th of April to be under whelmed. A few teams might have something of a funky alternate, but you'll hardly notice much difference between at least 30 home and road outfits.

Obviously there's the change of templates for us nerds to consider, but remember other elements of design are property of the NFL, and are subject to NFL rules. When reebok took inthe exclusive deal with the NFL, there weren't many immediate changes. I'm personally setting my excitement levels as low as possible, and my cynicism levels to high for most of the rumors we'll hear in the next couple of weeks.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What a silly, silly thing. So far as I remember, they've never had orange pants in their history, so this wouldn't be a nod to that. [FAKE EDIT: They *have* had orange pants, apparently, in the late 70s, I guess.] Also, they would look incredibly silly with the white jerseys and blue helmets.

They looked silly then:

44-00593-F.jpg

They'd look silly now:

denver-orangepants.jpg

And they'd open the door for the orange monochrome ... which, okay, kinda looks cool:

broncos-orange-uniforms.jpg

And all of this is coming from someone who absolutely loves the color orange, thinks it's underused, and bemoaned the lost of the only 2 orange jerseys in the league in 1996. I *love* orange. I *hate* this idea.

Links to sources for credit: http://www.mockdrafthq.com/site/2012/01/preview-denver-broncos-new-all-orange-uniforms.html and http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=2667087&postcount=10

Yes I recall the samething I don't remember if it was in this thread or not. Im pretty sure it was. Or I read something about that.

Everything I remember is "how the Broncos should bring back orange pants" and what they'd look like if they did.

There was nothing concrete. It was all Nike/switch to orange speculation.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

And they'd open the door for the orange monochrome ... which, okay, kinda looks cool:

Eh, I think I could live with these. (Still wish Denver had kept navy as their primary, though.)

6uXNWAo.png

Eh, I think I could live with these. (Still wish Denver had kept navy as their primary, though.)

Hopefully Peyton will put a stop to the orange pants. It's going to be weird enough to see him in a non-Colt uni but to see him in orange pants in a Broncos uni just seems so wrong.

Archived