NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

The Bengals just need to remove the white panels under the arms of the Jersey and their set is great!

I thought the Bengals unis look surprisingly good on Saturday. Much cleaner without side colors. Is it my imagination or is this something new.

NFLGG3.jpg

If you look closely you'll notice that the texans have perfect uniforms...

Anyone else think that the bengals pants would look really good with a striped ...stripe..? Like Michigan states current ones( pc stripe)

Also would striped numbers be a bit much??

I'd say yes. Leave numbers as clean as possible.

The Texans have nice uniforms but they are unexceptional, if that makes sense. Does it make sense for their brand? Sure. Does it look nice? Oh yes. But something about their identity doesn't really scream as special to me.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the vikings jerseys are far better than their pants. I really love the Cardinals set, especially the jerseys as well.

For the Falcons, I feel the opposite. I never really liked their shoulder and under arm design, but their pants is piping done right.

I agree that the Falcons pants are done right. I just wish the still wore the black pants.

The Bengals just need to remove the white panels under the arms of the Jersey and their set is great!

SMH

The only thing missing from the current disastrous look are these pants. If they are committed to looking like a big pajama party, may as well complete the look. lol

IMG_2492.jpg

Sorry, but I am too old to try to figure out what kids acronyms are these days, what is SMH?

Well, I'm too old to be called a "kid", but thanks. For something that only seems to like modern uniforms (regardless if they look good or not), I would've thought you of all people would be well versed in text message/internet lingo.

Here you go, hun.

The List of Chat Acronyms & Text Message Shorthand

My rule when texting is that when someone uses acronyms then I quit talking to them. I am sorry if I offended you, but I find it lazy when someone does not type out what they are saying. That is nothing against you, but how I just personally feel. But the reason I like modern uniform designs is because growing up as a Cleveland Browns fan from 1979-1995 I just got tired of their same old look season after season and when they left Cleveland I just changed. I do like classic uniform designs but I believe certain teams should change up their look after several years. Especially when a team like Arizona moved into University of Phoenix Stadium, they had a modern stadium and their look needed a modern feel.

Agreed, I just ignore them.. I should not have to get a slang dictionary to understand you lazy kids. Speak English. :D

If any team can pull off the Zubaz, it's the Bengals.

As for predictions, I'll stick to the NFC East for now:

Dallas: no changes because their mismatched green silver mess is somehow considered "classic".

Washington: Gold pants always with burgundy. No other significant changes.

Philadelphia: Current design but with kelly green returning. Black remains.

New Jersey: Grey pants step aside for white with proper striping. Jerseys get some more detail instead of being a single color and white on both jerseys...perhaps number outlines and two colors of sleeve stripes. They'll no longer look like a high school team with a small budget.

87Redskins.png

I think the vikings jerseys are far better than their pants. I really love the Cardinals set, especially the jerseys as well.

For the Falcons, I feel the opposite. I never really liked their shoulder and under arm design, but their pants is piping done right.

I agree that the Falcons pants are done right. I just wish the still wore the black pants.

SMH

The only thing missing from the current disastrous look are these pants. If they are committed to looking like a big pajama party, may as well complete the look. lol

IMG_2492.jpg

Sorry, but I am too old to try to figure out what kids acronyms are these days, what is SMH?

Well, I'm too old to be called a "kid", but thanks. For someone that only seems to like modern uniforms (regardless if they look good or not), I would've thought you of all people would be well versed in text message/internet lingo. Honestly, I thought you were under 17 (not bashing you, I'm really not). You fooled me, congrats! :P

Here you go, hun.

The List of Chat Acronyms & Text Message Shorthand

Holy crap I can use that 2.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Well, at least we have confirmation that the price points will be changing when Nike takes over.

Nike will raise prices when it introduces its lineup in April, (Mike Walters, manager of The Jersey Store) said.

The cheapest Nike jersey will be $100, up from $75. Authentic Jerseys will be $250, a $60 to $75 increase for Packers fans.

I think authentics cost more for teams that have multi-colored numbers and sleeve patches. The Packers (and Raiders among others) probably have the cheapest jerseys.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

They're on now.

Popular teams won't see much of a reduction; inventory is too low.

I usually buy all of my merchandise from Football Fanatics and they have yet to drop the price on the non-playoff teams like I was hoping for. I know last year, I paid $22.99 each for a Vikings, Cardinals, and Bills jersey and I paid $17.99 for a Okoye Texans jersey. So I am hoping the price drops that low for replicas this year.

spacer.png

>>>

I pay $115 plus $13 shipping on my BILLS authentics ... they come from a outlet in Ohio and they've been confirmed by a Reebok expert as genuine, not a China counterfeit.

They charge the same price, no matter the team. They only sell the authentics, no premier or replicas.

frontofjersey.jpg

tb_13frontblue.jpg

I wish I could afford authentic, but I don't want my wife and kids to starve.

Ditto. I mean, I don't have a wife and kids, or either, but I just simply can't afford authentic jerseys. Player t-shirts are the max for me.

spacer.png

Ditto. I mean, I don't have a wife and kids, or either, but I just simply can't afford authentic jerseys. Player t-shirts are the max for me.

I usually buy team jersey of players that moved on in free agency because they are cheaper and they are still the design that I like.

spacer.png

I thought the Bengals unis look surprisingly good on Saturday. Much cleaner without side colors. Is it my imagination or is this something new.

NFLGG3.jpg

If you look closely you'll notice that the texans have perfect uniforms...

The one thing I'd change on the Texans is the pant stripe. I'd make it blue/red/blue to match the jersey shoulder.

I'd consider going asymetrical - two stripes, front-most one blue, rear one red. Or do a piping-width divider like the Eagles do, and put thin white in the middle.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'd consider going asymetrical - two stripes, front-most one blue, rear one red. Or do a piping-width divider like the Eagles do, and put thin white in the middle.

I think the Texans stripes are unique enough being a thick navy stripe outlined in red instead of all stripe equal width. Maybe brighten up the red a little so it stands out more. The players deciding to wear navy socks on the road instead of red and often wearing monochrome completely ruin what is otherwise a very good look.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I think the Texans stripes are unique enough being a thick navy stripe outlined in red instead of all stripe equal width. Maybe brighten up the red a little so it stands out more. The players deciding to wear navy socks on the road instead of red and often wearing monochrome completely ruin what is otherwise a very good look.

At the very least, I (like the earlier poster) think they should invert their colors, so the red would be the thick stripe. It doesn't look right to me when the body color of the jersey flows into the pants as the middle stripe - almost like it bisects the pants. I think that most teams that use a triple stripe use the jersey color as the outer color of the stripe, which is much more appealing to me. Matching the shoulder stripe is an added benefit, but not the main reason why I'd support the change.

I usually buy team jersey of players that moved on in free agency because they are cheaper and they are still the design that I like.

I almost always by the player tees because of the player, not because of the team, but I wait until the player is gone before I buy a jersey (my Daunte Culpepper Raiders jersey for one).

spacer.png

Archived