NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly Photoshop. Why would Tebow have put on his pads and a Jets jersey at this point?

i'm not saying you're wrong, because it probably is photoshopped. just depends if they photoshopped him into one with a new nike font.

i will say this, though. the jets are very proactive in social media, so it's not out of the realm of possibility they got him into uniform at some point when he was in floram park for his presser on monday with the idea of getting the image to the national press to use. he did work out with some of the guys (d'brick, slauson, etc.) before getting to the podium, and the jets facebook account did show a picture of him in the equipment room. helmet were there (and identical to last year) but jerseys were absent from the shot.

just saying. it's probably worth having on our radar.

sig2024.png

check out this picture. someone on twitter gave me a head's up on it. it's from damien woody's instagram account. new number font for the jets? or a lazy ESPN photoshop? you be the judge:

numberfontjets.png

Talking about Tebow's numbers? 99% it was just a :censored:ty photoshop

If it's just a bad photoshop job, then where did the font come from? Thin air? Not saying this is anything more than a photoshopped pic, but why did the "artist" decide to choose a random font? To mess with us?...Damn him/her. If it was the Broncos or Gators font I'd understand, but I don't get this. Part of me thinks there might be something to this...or we'll find out it's some high-school jersey or charity game uni he wore once. My money is on....new font for the Jets.

If it's just a bad photoshop job, then where did the font come from? Thin air? Not saying this is anything more than a photoshopped pic, but why did the "artist" decide to choose a random font? To mess with us?...Damn him/her. If it was the Broncos or Gators font I'd understand, but I don't get this. Part of me thinks there might be something to this...or we'll find out it's some high-school jersey or charity game uni he wore once. My money is on....new font for the Jets.

i'd tend to agree. and i think the lawsuit lends credence to that. here's my thinking:

nike is obviously going to try and find a way to pop some jersey sales for teams not changing their design. font is an easy way to do this. it gives people who notice details and want exactly what the players have a reason to go buy another white or green jets jersey. of course, if you buy a tebow reebok a few days before and you're not the type of person that notices those things, why bother buying a nike one? just my $.02

the jets probably don't mind switching the font, thinking it incorporates a modern feel into a traditional set. shrug. we'll know for sure soon enough.

sig2024.png

My thoughts exactly. This no doubt is a Photoshop, but where did that font come from? It might just be the "artist"'s version of "what could be", but either way there is a reasoning behind this.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

This no doubt is a Photoshop, but where did that font come from? It might just be the "artist"'s version of "what could be", but either way there is a reasoning behind this.

Not necessarily. You forgot "artist :censored: up" and "artist did quick and dirty job, figured nobody'd notice".

This no doubt is a Photoshop, but where did that font come from? It might just be the "artist"'s version of "what could be", but either way there is a reasoning behind this.

Not necessarily. You forgot "artist :censored: up" and "artist did quick and dirty job, figured nobody'd notice".

And those are 2 possible reasons :P

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

i'd tend to agree. and i think the lawsuit lends credence to that.

How?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

How?

i literally state my opinion in the next couple sentences that make the connection. read.

sig2024.png

How?

i literally state my opinion in the next couple sentences that make the connection. read.

I did read. That's why I asked. A change in the font is not the issue at hand in the lawsuit. Nike wants to be the first to sell Tebow Jets jerseys whether the font is changing or not. Your position is very weak at best.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My thoughts exactly. This no doubt is a Photoshop, but where did that font come from? It might just be the "artist"'s version of "what could be", but either way there is a reasoning behind this.

the font is some photoshop designer's attempt at scrubbing the denver number font and trying to morph it into a traditional block font....nothing more

How?

I did read. That's why I asked. A change in the font is not the issue at hand in the lawsuit. Nike wants to be the first to sell Tebow Jets jerseys whether the font is changing or not. Your position is very weak at best.

it's not a position. it's conjecture, and i never billed it as anything more. but thanks for your thoroughly condescending appraisal. i do agree with you that, upon further review, it does look like a '0' cut in half and adjusted.

anyway, thought it was worth sharing with the group.

sig2024.png

i hear 1 team didnt want to spend the money on the SMT so they wont be going to it. does that sound right? teams have to pay for the new unis?

The teams do not purchase uniforms. They are provided by the manufacturer at the manufacturer's expense.

There were also at least 6 teams that expressed a desire to remain in Ripon jerseys. The NFL was still considering the request for the season at last check, but all teams will still show off a Nike/Powers-manufactured jersey on the 3rd, not all will necessarily be Speed Machine.

Can you tell me which ones?

Specifically, were the Packers among them?

I do not know what teams made a request.

Archived