NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Panthers page looks like they don't have the "helmet" t-shirt up. Not sure if that means anything, just something I noticed.

Somewhere, there are hats with the helmet on them. Aside from the logo, they look the same.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good. They shouldn't change the uniforms. IMO, the current set is lightyears ahead of any of the red-white-blue uniforms they ever wore.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Now that it appears the only thing that is changing is the logo, and that the uniforms and helmets are staying the same, I'm pissed. Why throw away an identity that you entered the league with just to change the logo? .

Because aside from silly helmet stripes, the logo was the only thing wrong with their identity.

Because aside from silly helmet stripes, the logo was the only thing wrong with their identity.

Please. The Carolina uniforms are so dated and are baby-butt soft looking. Those light blue socks worn with all white jersey's are horrible.

Here they have potentially the most marketable player in the next decade on their team and they are going to stay with those sorry-ass looking uniforms? Really smart thinking on that one. I guess the Steve Beurlein era was just too tough to get rid of.

Carolina has a great POTENTIAL for their color scheme. They just have played-out uniforms.

It would've been tricky for the Panthers to change number fonts without looking too much like the Steelers. Trade Gothic (the font used for their new wordmark) & Futura numbers look very similar.

245eupx.jpg

Sure...because the Lions' and Bengals' numbers don't share any similarities...to teach other, or to the Bears' numbers...right? :P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

IMO the Panthers actually have really good uniforms. Just enough touches of modern to not look like they're claiming fake heritage (a la the new Tampa Bay Lightning identity) whilst subdued & classy enough to have a vaguely timeless quality about them.

There's a reason they are THE last original look standing amongst the 90s expansion teams across all 4 of the major leagues.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

You know better than to feed the trolls, Goth. ;)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

I knew they wouldn't (they're going to hold onto the Super Bowl Era uniforms for as long as possible), but I was holding out some hope.

I'm going to bet that the red piping on the home jerseys is taken off. There's really no need for it, especially since the pants/whole uniform look better without the piping.

Hoping the side panels are taken off the road jerseys, but I doubt it.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I knew they wouldn't (they're going to hold onto the Super Bowl Era uniforms for as long as possible), but I was holding out some hope.

I was hoping they would freshen up their look a bit. They've made a ton of money off the current jerseys so I figured they'd come out with something new and make some more money.

I'm going to bet that the red piping on the home jerseys is taken off. There's really no need for it, especially since the pants/whole uniform look better without the piping.

Hoping the side panels are taken off the road jerseys, but I doubt it.

Yeah. The full removal of side panels from both jerseys might be enough for me to start liking these things again. Maybe.

I was hoping they would freshen up their look a bit. They've made a ton of money off the current jerseys so I figured they'd come out with something new and make some more money.

Yeah, but I bet the Krafts don't want to mess with the jerseys that they've had the most (read:only) success in.

spacer.png

Now that it appears the only thing that is changing is the logo, and that the uniforms and helmets are staying the same, I'm pissed. Why throw away an identity that you entered the league with just to change the logo? .

I think the white pants, if they're still being used, are completely superfluous and add absolutely nothing to the look. And while, save that, the helmet stripes might be the only thing "wrong", they're really, really wrong.

The team easily could have tweaked the look and had something going forward that was exceptional.

Yeah, but I bet the Krafts don't want to mess with the jerseys that they've had the most (read:only) success in.

I take it you forgot about '96?? :P

But that 96 was just fugly !! Im sorry I'm not a Pats fan at all at but their current look is some of their best looks in there history IMO

#DTWD #GoJaguars

In all honesty, the team was pretty good in 1996 and 1997 (Bruce Armstrong! Ben Coates! Terry Glenn! Drew Bledsoe!), but that truly pales in comparison to the Brady era.

And I loved those mid-90s uniforms. They were perfect for that era.

Speaking of Bledsoe, it's unreal to think that the ten-year contract he signed before the 2001 season would've ended last season.

spacer.png

What...no mention of Curtis Martin???

As for Terry Glenn...how's she doing these days? :P

Nah, their whole identity has become stale, just like the Broncos. Both could use a major update. I would have liked to see the Panthers switch to something like these:

inline.jpg

...except with the Panthers' colors and some cat-scratch striping on the sleeves.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived