NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

What...no mention of Curtis Martin???

As for Terry Glenn...how's she doing these days? :P

Pats fans don't like to think about C-Mart. After all, he spent only three years here before going to NYJ (blech).

spacer.png

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im sorry I'm not a Pats fan at all at but their current look is some of their best looks in there history IMO

If it weren't for the Bengals, the Patriots would have the absolute worst uniforms in the league. They were a mismatched, overpiped mess when they came out and look even worse now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm pretty sure the Pats are well ahead of the Cardinals, Vikings, and Falcons in the rankings. Talk about overpiping...

Yeah, those are overpiped messes too, but the Patriots are lower on the totem poll because I've had to look at them since 2000. '06, '06 and '03 for those other guys.

spacer.png

Im sorry I'm not a Pats fan at all at but their current look is some of their best looks in there history IMO

If it weren't for the Bengals, the Patriots would have the absolute worst uniforms in the league. They were a mismatched, overpiped mess when they came out and look even worse now.

But you have proven that you have an extreme view of uniforms and fashion. You think the Patriots are an overpiped mess, yet your concepts suggest you like random areas of colors and patterns on jerseys, the louder the better.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Pats have looked as good as they have ever looked. Colour issues aside, the Pat the Patriot-era uniforms just tend to come off as generic. My tastes skew to the traditional side of things, but there's a line between traditional/understated/simple/classic and generic. There's really no way to judge where that line is because these things often depend on context, and in my opinion the Patriots' Pat-era looks all fell to the generic side.

I like the current look because while it employs a lot of the tiresome trends of modern uniform design (piping, panels of colour, etc.) they manage to employ them in a way that comes across as kind of traditional. It's odd. Everything seems to work with the Pats' uniforms that comes off as over-designed rubbish on the Falcons, Bengals, Vikings, and Cardinals' uniforms.

As for the Panthers? I'm glad very little is changing. Say what you will about their look, but they haven't tinkered with it non-stop like their expansion cousins. It's been the same basic uniform since they entered the league. They've build up their own little aesthetic tradition and it's awesome to see that they're keeping it, more or less, untouched.

Claw scratch marks? No thanks. That's not a NFL-calibre look.

Yes I would have much perfered if the Jaguars left there Uniforms untouched after 98 - O4 those were by far the best the Jaguars and most Unique era of uniforms the Franchise has had during it's 18 seasons thou I don't mind the Black numbers on the away uniforms.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Ahhh, Nike.... I am absolutely loving this intrigue!

(Any chance we can merge all these NFL/Nike threads into one Super Swoosh mega thread?)

Oh God No. We gotta worry about the whole site crashing, lets atleast have a landing pad for people fortunate enough to get in and click a single link :lol:

As for the stream, I don't think anything official has been unveiled. We may have to rely on media coverage and pics. It you were ever debating joining twitter, now would be a great day to start!

Archived