NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh, Nike.... I am absolutely loving this intrigue!

(Any chance we can merge all these NFL/Nike threads into one Super Swoosh mega thread?)

Oh God No. We gotta worry about the whole site crashing, lets atleast have a landing pad for people fortunate enough to get in and click a single link :lol:

As for the stream, I don't think anything official has been unveiled. We may have to rely on media coverage and pics. It you were ever debating joining twitter, now would be a great day to start!

CCSLC, Twitter, NFL Shop, ALL going down tomorrow's threads are unveiled.

6uXNWAo.png

Im already on twitter. Any one in particular i should be following to get quick news on this topic? I assume Nike but anyone else?

I'll be at the event tomorrow and I plan to tweet a ton of pics. I'll also probably liveblog the whole thing on my site. Give me a follow if you'd like and send me a message if there's anything in particular you want to see. As I said in an earlier post, I am just as excited about these uniforms as everyone here and I'll be trying my best to show you guys the details you want to see. If the Packers have a crazy Flywire collar or something, you better believe I am going to post a pic.

www.pigskinbuzz.com

@pigskinbuzz

Im already on twitter. Any one in particular i should be following to get quick news on this topic? I assume Nike but anyone else?

I'll be at the event tomorrow and I plan to tweet a ton of pics. I'll also probably liveblog the whole thing on my site. Give me a follow if you'd like and send me a message if there's anything in particular you want to see. As I said in an earlier post, I am just as excited about these uniforms as everyone here and I'll be trying my best to show you guys the details you want to see. If the Packers have a crazy Flywire collar or something, you better believe I am going to post a pic.

www.pigskinbuzz.com

@pigskinbuzz

ok thanks Ill follow you for sure. If possible post some photos of The Ravens stuff

thanks

www.pigskinbuzz.com

@pigskinbuzz

Already following

No groundbreaking news here, but the NFL "5-year rule" is still in place... (Just in case there were ever any doubters out there)

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-insider/article-1/Lions-not-allowed-to-change-uniform-under-NFL-rules/684c01cc-5a6d-41f6-b37f-f702d3545172

Lions not allowed to change uniform under NFL rules

By Tim Twentyman

The team changed its logo in 2009 and is still under the NFL?s five-year rule which prohibits any other uniform changes for the first five years after an initial change.

The NFL is unveiling the new Nike NFL uniforms in a huge media event in New York on Tuesday, but don?t expect any significant changes for the Lions.

Fans can expect some substantial alterations to other teams? uniforms, but not the Lions. The team changed its logo in 2009 and is still under the NFL?s five-year rule which prohibits any other uniform changes for the first five years after an initial change.

?Anyone who was outside of that five-year window could do something and some teams did,? Lions equipment manager Tim O?Neill told Detroitlions.com. ?We couldn?t do anything to our uniform, but that being said, it is going to look different because we used to be in that cloth diamond mesh."

The Lions logo and color schemes won?t look different, but the material Nike is using is a significant change from what NFL fans are used to seeing.

"You're not going to see a lot of visual difference," Lions president Tom Lewand recently told season ticket holders at a town hall meeting. "It'll look very much the same as the uniforms that we have right now so everybody wearing your (Ndamukong) Suh jerseys and your (Matthew) Stafford jerseys, you're safe.

"What will be different is the technology behind the uniform. You'll see a lot more of the fabrics and the lines and the makeup that you see in quite frankly a lot of major college programs. That'll be the big change for us out of the gate."

All 32 teams will be wearing the ?Nike Speed Machine? uniform made from state-of-the-art four-way stretch mesh that?s two times stronger than last year?s jerseys.

?If we hung a jersey on a hanger, it would look like a medium t-shirt,? O?Neill said. ?It?s amazing material. It?s a form-fitting silhouetted uniform.?

The new jerseys are 30 percent lighter when dry and 50 percent lighter when wet, according to Nike, than those worn by NFL teams last year.

?I?ve talked to college equipment managers and they said by the time the guys turn in their jerseys after the game, most of them are dry,? O?Neill said.

The uniforms are designed to assist with heat release and core temperature and promote cooling in the lumbar region.

?Basically, moisture can escape but can?t come in,? O?Neill said.

It?s an integrated uniform, which means the stripes along the Lions pants aren?t separate material any longer. Their built into the stretch woven pants with hydrophobic yarns.

?If Nike can reduce a quarter ounce of material here or there, they will,? O?Neill said.

One difference that could be noticeable for Lions fans right away is a duller grey for their pants. It?s not shiny silver the team has had in previous years.

Nike took over as the league?s official provider of equipment and apparel on April 1.

All the new Lions apparel -- not including jerseys -- is available online at the Detroitlionsstore.com or NFLshop.com.

I was coming here to post the same piece. The interesting pieces I took from it were:

-all 32 teams going to the Speed Machine

-change in the shade of silver to a duller gray

-more confirmation that the 5 yr rule still exists, which makes us wonder about the Jags

Fans can expect some substantial alterations to other teams’ uniforms

Sounds like Nike will be changing a few teams' uniforms - wonder which other teams, besides Seattle, are getting the Nike treatment.

I'm awaiting some negative responses if teams like the cowboys, raiders, saints, no longer have shiny pants.

I don't know about the Raiders or Saints, but if Nike finally fixes the Cowboys' pants situation, I'm sure people will be pumped, whether they're shiny or matte.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Fans can expect some substantial alterations to other teams? uniforms

Sounds like Nike will be changing a few teams' uniforms - wonder which other teams, besides Seattle, are getting the Nike treatment.

Hoping Nike corrects the Jets (and Colts, for that matter) sleeves. Reebok butchered the hell out of those jerseys during their tenure.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived