NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I'd consider going asymetrical - two stripes, front-most one blue, rear one red. Or do a piping-width divider like the Eagles do, and put thin white in the middle.

I think the Texans stripes are unique enough being a thick navy stripe outlined in red instead of all stripe equal width. Maybe brighten up the red a little so it stands out more. The players deciding to wear navy socks on the road instead of red and often wearing monochrome completely ruin what is otherwise a very good look.

At the very least, I (like the earlier poster) think they should invert their colors, so the red would be the thick stripe. It doesn't look right to me when the body color of the jersey flows into the pants as the middle stripe - almost like it bisects the pants. I think that most teams that use a triple stripe use the jersey color as the outer color of the stripe, which is much more appealing to me. Matching the shoulder stripe is an added benefit, but not the main reason why I'd support the change.

The Texans' triple stripe is not the same as the classic triple stripe, though. I think it works well the way it is because it hooks up nicely to the numbers (solid color, fairly wide, with a thin red outline), at least on the home jersey. I like how it continues the jersey color.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I think that..." is different than "I hope that..."

I can't believe how many people don't understand that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think these teams need to either update their uniform or at least tweak the colors to match:

Miami Dolphins

Cincinnati Bengals

Cleveland Browns

Indianapolis Colts

Jacksonville Jaguars

Kansas City Chiefs

San Diego Chargers

Dallas Cowboys

New York Giants

Carolina Panthers

New Orleans Saints

San Francisco 49ers

St. Louis Rams

I wouldn't change a thing for the Texans.

Of course, it's not up to me.... but it's still one of the best looks in sports.

I completely agree

spacer.png

I personally would change the Pats - and I believe Nike will, at least a tiny bit, considering the Reebok-ified piping they have. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Also, I completely agree about the Texans having one of the best looks in sports. Would be nice to see a second helmet maybe - a red or white helmet (of course, I love white helmets, but that could be just me) might be sharp, but that's only because I don't care much for the current blodclot alternate jersey.

1326245264' post='1723966']
1326243233' post='1723948']

"I think that..." is different than "I hope that..."

I can't believe how many people don't understand that.

I hope that BBTV stops nitpicking.

I think that he won't.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I personally would change the Pats - and I believe Nike will, at least a tiny bit, considering the Reebok-ified piping they have. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Also, I completely agree about the Texans having one of the best looks in sports. Would be nice to see a second helmet maybe - a red or white helmet (of course, I love white helmets, but that could be just me) might be sharp, but that's only because I don't care much for the current blodclot alternate jersey.

A different helmet would be interesting, but they can't have one unless they make the new one their primary and their current one is too beautiful to take a backseat.

Of course, it's not up to me.... but it's still one of the best looks in sports.

I completely agree

They used to have a great road look, but wrecked it, and did so without actually changing anything but a prefered combination.

The road look with red socks... awesome. That same road uniform with navy sock? Horrible.

Its amazing how such a small change can make such a big difference.

Also, that all-red alternate mono uniform is an abortion.

I completely agree

They used to have a great road look, but wrecked it, and did so without actually changing anything but a prefered combination.

The road look with red socks... awesome. That same road uniform with navy sock? Horrible.

Call me new fashioned, but I like the navy pants and socks. I think the navy pants red socks look is kinda 90's looking.

All battle red is a slight overkill, red white red looks pretty good though IMO. I've always wanted to see red navy red though, think it would look sharp

I completely agree

Also, that all-red alternate mono uniform is awesome.

I agree with you on the red socks, they look a lot better than blue, but I do like the all-red semi-monochrome look and the all-blue monochrome look.

spacer.png

You sure you didn't mean "abomination"? Because with the red socks, yeah it is.

If they should ever pair that battle red set up with the navy deep steel blue socks, it'd improve that uniform tenfold--or basically do to that set what the (battle) red socks do to their normal away sets.

(Or they could try the (battle) red top/navy deep steel blue pants/(battle) red socks look for once in their lives, just to see how that would look on the field. I think i'd look good.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived