NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Nike will take over Reebok's spot of outfitting the NFL next year (in case you haven't heard... somehow).

And I beileve we may see what we saw when Reebok took over the NHL.

So here are my predictions of what we'll see from next year's uniforms in terms of change.

NO CHANGE/TWEAKS

(Changes, if any, are so small and few they aren't even given any attention)

- Bears

- Bills

- Broncos

- Colts

- Chiefs

- Giants

- Lions

- Packers

- Raiders

- Texans

MINOR CHANGES

(One or two small changes, ex. = recolor of facemasks, a design placed somewhere in the uniform, different stripes...)

- Browns

- Chargers

- 49ers

- Steelers

NOTICABLE CHANGES

(More than just a couple changes, ex. New number stlye, some different coloring, different stripes/piping, helmet changes).

- Bengals

- Buccaneers

- Cowboys

- Dolphins

- Eagles

- Jets

- Patriots

- Rams

- Saints

- Titans

MAJOR CHANGES

(.... you get the idea. It's something completely different from what you're seeing now, ex. = Cardinals in '05, Falcons in '03, Bills jerseys and pants in '02...)

- Cardinals

- Falcons

- Jaguars

- *Panthers

- Ravens

- Redskins

- *Seahawks

- Vikings

REBRANDINGS

(As far as a complete overhaul goes, there are only two teams I see doing it)

* Panthers Possibly new logo and colors?

* Seahawks Somethin' tells me Nike will have lotsa fun with this team...

I understand this is your opninon/hope, but I'm not sure what you're basing some of these on. You have the Lions, Texans and Broncos in the 'small changes' teams. The Broncos we already know are going to orange for their home jersey, and I doubt Nike will just roll out the current alternate and call it a day. Likewise, the Lions are a team that's changed their uniforms twice in the last 9 years, so they are by no means a team you can't touch. Their current set has felt like a half-assed placeholder since it was introduced. Plus they've been awful (up until this year), so they don't exactly have a lot of nostalgic equity built up.

The Texans are the newest team in the NFL, and this was the first year they've made the playoffs-they're a team on the rise (which is a prime time to update uniforms). Again, I doubt Nike will sit on their hands and not change anything on these uniforms.

In your 'notable changes' section, you include the Cowboys and Jets, two teams steeped in tradition who basically already wear a throwback, so I can't see them doing much other than throwing a Nike 'flywire' or matte helmet or some other gimmick into the mix.

As for your 'major changes' teams, we already know the only change the Jaguars MIGHT make is a black alternate, not necessarily next season.

We have to remember guys?Nike has been out of this game for a decade, and coming back into the league they're gonna want to make an impression. While I agree with people that the league's brands are more sacred and valuable than the NCAA's, I still foresee slight changes made to most teams who aren't the Bears, Packers, Raiders etc. Most of the contemporary uniforms being worn (Bengals, Falcons, Cardinals etc) came into existence during the Reebok reign, so I'm sure Nike sees them as dated and wants to update to their own aesthetic (which I hope means the end of token piping and truncated pants stripes). I think we're going to be seeing a lot more gradients, patterns, high-gloss and matte finishes?the stuff we've seen Nike likes to go with. Personally, I think (or hope) they're gonna do a solid job.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike will take over Reebok's spot of outfitting the NFL next year (in case you haven't heard... somehow).

And I beileve we may see what we saw when Reebok took over the NHL.

So here are my predictions of what we'll see from next year's uniforms in terms of change.

NO CHANGE/TWEAKS

(Changes, if any, are so small and few they aren't even given any attention)

- Bears

- Bills

- Broncos

- Colts

- Chiefs

- Giants

- Lions

- Packers

- Raiders

- Texans

MINOR CHANGES

(One or two small changes, ex. = recolor of facemasks, a design placed somewhere in the uniform, different stripes...)

- Browns

- Chargers

- 49ers

- Steelers

NOTICABLE CHANGES

(More than just a couple changes, ex. New number stlye, some different coloring, different stripes/piping, helmet changes).

- Bengals

- Buccaneers

- Cowboys

- Dolphins

- Eagles

- Jets

- Patriots

- Rams

- Saints

- Titans

MAJOR CHANGES

(.... you get the idea. It's something completely different from what you're seeing now, ex. = Cardinals in '05, Falcons in '03, Bills jerseys and pants in '02...)

- Cardinals

- Falcons

- Jaguars

- *Panthers

- Ravens

- Redskins

- *Seahawks

- Vikings

REBRANDINGS

(As far as a complete overhaul goes, there are only two teams I see doing it)

* Panthers Possibly new logo and colors?

* Seahawks Somethin' tells me Nike will have lotsa fun with this team...

I understand this is your opninon/hope, but I'm not sure what you're basing some of these on. You have the Lions, Texans and Broncos in the 'small changes' teams. The Broncos we already know are going to orange for their home jersey, and I doubt Nike will just roll out the current alternate and call it a day. Likewise, the Lions are a team that's changed their uniforms twice in the last 9 years, so they are by no means a team you can't touch. Their current set has felt like a half-assed placeholder since it was introduced. Plus they've been awful (up until this year), so they don't exactly have a lot of nostalgic equity built up.

The Texans are the newest team in the NFL, and this was the first year they've made the playoffs-they're a team on the rise (which is a prime time to update uniforms). Again, I doubt Nike will sit on their hands and not change anything on these uniforms.

In your 'notable changes' section, you include the Cowboys and Jets, two teams steeped in tradition who basically already wear a throwback, so I can't see them doing much other than throwing a Nike 'flywire' or matte helmet or some other gimmick into the mix.

As for your 'major changes' teams, we already know the only change the Jaguars MIGHT make is a black alternate, not necessarily next season.

We have to remember guys?Nike has been out of this game for a decade, and coming back into the league they're gonna want to make an impression. While I agree with people that the league's brands are more sacred and valuable than the NCAA's, I still foresee slight changes made to most teams who aren't the Bears, Packers, Raiders etc. Most of the contemporary uniforms being worn (Bengals, Falcons, Cardinals etc) came into existence during the Reebok reign, so I'm sure Nike sees them as dated and wants to update to their own aesthetic (which I hope means the end of token piping and truncated pants stripes). I think we're going to be seeing a lot more gradients, patterns, high-gloss and matte finishes?the stuff we've seen Nike likes to go with. Personally, I think (or hope) they're gonna do a solid job.

Um, actually I have the Broncos, Texans, and Lions in the NO Change or Tweaks section. Broncos are going orange (as we all know) but I see no changes for the Texans or Lions. Nor should they.

I put the Boys in that section because I feel that they may at least match colors (it's possible). As for the Jets, maybe they go back to their 80's/90's set or have a combination?

I don't know and like I said, this is just what I'm seeing at most 5 years down the road, but we'll know for sure after this season is over.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Anyone think there is any chance the NFL will lift the rule on only one helmet per team (with the exception of additional throwback helmets)? It would be great if they could use two helmets in sort of a clash set when both teams have the same color helmet.

I know it was just a gift to the former owner of the Jags, but I think that would be a awesome clash uniform with the gold helmet, a black jersey and gold pants.

390424_283936981655153_127620767286776_739788_481215616_n.jpg

Anyone think there is any chance the NFL will lift the rule on only one helmet per team (with the exception of additional throwback helmets)? It would be great if they could use two helmets in sort of a clash set when both teams have the same color helmet.

I know it was just a gift to the former owner of the Jags, but I think that would be a awesome clash uniform with the gold helmet, a black jersey and gold pants.

390424_283936981655153_127620767286776_739788_481215616_n.jpg

Gold Helmet

Gold or White Jersey

White Pants

White Socks

Gold Shoes

Great, so now we're gonna get a horrible orange monochrome instead of a horrible blue one <_<

I sure hope not, that would be hideous.

They need to just keep the orange pants with the white jersey and not let it cross over.

Totally agree, in fact it's probably the right move, would have seemed strange to have had orange as the main colour of the homes and then have almost none of it on the aways. It's just unfortunate that with this being a team that repeatedly chose to mono-blue it up this year, that will almost inevitably lead to a mono orange at some point next season

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Does the NFL have a rule regarding pants like they do regarding jerseys (home version, away version, alt version only used twice a season)?

I don't think so; I believe they just have to be on the style guide and the teams can use them as they wish.

The cynic in me says the NFL doesn't have a rule on the pants because they don't sell pants at retail like they do jerseys, helmets, etc.

To me that would be way too Sainst-y, but I do think that gold chrome could work for New Orleans.

The Saint's current shade of gold on the helmet is great. The throwback shade of gold would also be good. Either way, the key is they have to find a way to match the helmet to the pants and jersey accents.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Broncos will in fact introduce a pair of orange pants. It was just reported on local ESPN radio.

Son of a bitch. I said a while back I figured that would happen. And although I think orange pants would look good with the white jerseys, we all know the players are going to decide to look like clowns and wear solid orange.

Does the NFL have a rule regarding pants like they do regarding jerseys (home version, away version, alt version only used twice a season)?

No, but they absolutely should. They don't sell replica football pants to fans, but pants are just as big a part of the uniform visually as jerseys are. Teams should have to chose a pair of pants to wear with each given jersey and stick with it the entire year. It dilutes the look to have so many different combinations. The Saints look like a different team if they are wearing solid black as opposed to the champagne colored pants.The Titans have nine possible uniform combinations. That is ridiculous for any sport, let alone one with a 16 game season.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived