NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss reebok. See they weren't so bad now!

Sadly, I agree. Cheaper and better. /sigh

Cant stand how the cost of replicas continue to increase and the quality / likeness to the authentic continues to go down. Nike / NFL probably think this will make more people buy the Elite or the Limited jersey, when in reality most will probably buy the fakes off ebay.

Could someone post a screen cap of the limited jersey, would like to see that.

70389454.png

Check out the socks for the Colts and Bills. Are these new? Or just incorrect mock-ups for the Nike ad?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,nfl

My bet would be new. The Bills socks look as if they would work well with both white and blue pants, eliminating the need for two pairs.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

Actually, I think I kinda like the little change for the Chiefs. The stripes looks good, and I like the TV numbers on the shoulder now. Looks more bold.

Apkp1jqCEAAgCdm.jpg

Those stripes are exactly what the Chiefs and their boring uniform needed.

spacer.png

After looking at the replicas, I'd want to see one in person to be able to judge the screenprinting and fabric. It doesn't look like it's even mesh anymore, almost like a polyester more akin to a baseball jersey, but these could just be bad mockups. That Bengals one is hilariously bad. I do like that there's no more NFL Equipment shield, just the NFL logo. Cleaner. No more little peek window above the V for some teams (including mine).

The real test will come when these things go through the wash 3 times, will things start peeling?

Also, did anyone notice that every team has a real player except Denver? I'm sure they shot it with Tebow a few weeks ago, and then.........oops.

Edit: I remember back in the late 90s, the $30 "Walmart Special" jerseys were a polyester weave with rubberized numbers on it. I think these remind me of those jerseys more than the nice shiny nylon we're used to now.

Actually, I think I kinda like the little change for the Chiefs. The stripes looks good, and I like the TV numbers on the shoulder now. Looks more bold.

Apkp1jqCEAAgCdm.jpg

Agreed. I knew they wouldn't change the uniforms at all considering how they've practically had the same set since the Texans days, but this is a nice, subtle improvement.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Apkp1jqCEAAgCdm.jpg

Those stripes are exactly what the Chiefs and their boring uniform needed.

Yes, biggest upgrade imo

Also, did anyone notice that every team has a real player except Denver? I'm sure they shot it with Tebow a few weeks ago, and then.........oops.

Vikings, Saints, and Colts also have generic players.

Edit: I remember back in the late 90s, the $30 "Walmart Special" jerseys were a polyester weave with rubberized numbers on it. I think these remind me of those jerseys more than the nice shiny nylon we're used to now.

They still sell those pieces of garbage

AAAAC5uSuJ8AAAAAAaQhtQ.jpg?v=1321743551000

freebies2deals-manning-jersey.png

AAAAC-ZQOZgAAAAAAQhORQ.jpg?v=1290048927000

So everyone looking for more reasons to hate Nike, which I'll never get, didn't get a chance huh?

I'm so sick of the whining against Nike like that clown Paul Lukas. Whine, whine, whine. Nike isn't the devil, don't let him convince you.

Nike is first and foremost the company behind the "look at me" generation of athletes. Nike adds extra colors "just because" (black, anthracite, gray, etc). Nike adds embellishments that make it more difficult to read the numbers, school/team, and name.

I still hate the Swoosh. I'm sick of the fanboys that bow to Nike and everything Nike produces. How's that?

But I still appreciate good looking uniforms, regardless of the brand. Many of the NFL uniforms look fine. If the trim was slightly modified, or numbers moved, to accommodate the new cut, so be it. Chicago, New England, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, all those seem to ok. No big changes.

The stupid pointy collar things look out of place on many of these uniforms...either go with a solid or striped collar, or keep it the jersey color.

Some teams have the hip padding extending over the side stripes, while others don't. There's no point of having the padding cut over the striping except to say "it's a Nike design!!!"

Nike is all about Nike. Period. Nike would love to be the N in NFL, and I hope that this isn't the first step towards that day.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

PGjQp.jpg

Completely unnecessary breaking of the side stripe. I'm tired of this whole hexagonal pad thing. If I wanted hexes I'd go play war games.

Are you seriously going to complain about a half inch of fabric cover that covers the stripe that won't even be seen when the jersey hangs loose or comes untucked? You won't even notice it during a game.

yeeep, I am :) Because it's a lack of attention to detail. It could have been fixed, but it wasn't. To be fair, I like the flywire collar on us because it reinforces the two side stripes and helmet stripe pointing at the face, without the V breaking that up. Now the helmet and jersey stripes won't be the same color this year, so it will still break up the effect a little......

I could go on, but I won't. It's just the little things. :)

Then explain to me how it could have been so easily fixed. Because, based on what I've seen, that seems to be the template that all the teams have the belt loop slightly covering the stripes. Outside of coming up with an entirely new template, I don't see how it's a lack of attention to detail.

I would be more upset with the collar detail if I were you, but no, you can fixate on a slight incurrence by a belt loop.

So the Packers... jerseys went unchanged, yes? same template from last year?

So it appears.

153672_lawm.jpg

Here's a good parallel to the Reebok Edge rollout. There are teams like the Texans and Bengals, who goofed up their jersey collars to conform to the new technology. There are teams like the Broncos and 49ers, who chopped off part of their pants stripes (in the Niners' case, Braisher stripes identical to the Packers') to conform to the new technology. And then there are teams like the Packers, who said to the manufacturer, "No, this is how we look, this is our brand, and this is how we are going to continue to look."

The ultimate design decision still rests with the team. Blame Nike, Reebok, and/or adidas all you want for their silly proprietary cuts, templates, and innovations, but in the end, at the top tier of professional sport, the team still has to sign off on what they wear on the field of play.

and here's where I refuse to buy a new replica.

terrible.png

That looks like t-shirt and isn't close to what they'll wear on the field.

$100 for a screened replica that looks less like the real thing than ever before, and $135 for a screened twill replica. If I'm a Chinese counterfeiter, I'm doing cartwheels into a pile of cocaine-dusted hookers right about now.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived