NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

On Nike's site this pic has Alex Smith wearing the regular black cleats like normal. But they Photoshopped them red as you can see here. Then today's unveiling he is wearing Red, so does that mean a turn to team colored shoes. Looks a lot better then the out of place black cleats the niners have been wearing.

485647_10151470869995721_57460905720_23669726_1588004329_n.jpg

5994736127_c919880617.jpg

20899768053_5ff571c8fc.jpg21520909095_58cb3890d9.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

09000d5d8280d938_gallery_600.jpg

cowboys still have blue pants

So I'm gonna have to be the one that notices and mentions that his helmet stripe is reversed here? WTF? The helmet on the manequin is correct.

Also, as a Broncos fan, I'm actually quite pleased. Suprisingly, I don't hate the beltloop debacle, I like the way the collar looks now with it coming to 4 points with the side stripes.

But Nike is still the devil.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

Then explain to me how it could have been so easily fixed. Because, based on what I've seen, that seems to be the template that all the teams have the belt loop slightly covering the stripes. Outside of coming up with an entirely new template, I don't see how it's a lack of attention to detail.

I would be more upset with the collar detail if I were you, but no, you can fixate on a slight incurrence by a belt loop.

I realize it's a small thing, but it's really lazy, in my opinion. It's Nike saying "Our template comes first, and your design will be shoehorned into it". It makes me laugh a bit that they did it to their own team, the new Seahawks design. The reason it annoys me with the Broncos is that the main design feature for the team is that stripe from armpit to knee. The belt could have tucked in under the design, just like it always has before - it just seems unnecessary to me.

Hey, we're all neurotic about some things, right? I guess that's mine. :)

Honors late Panthers LB Sam Mills who passed away. He started a "Keep Pounding" foundation.

more background info here http://scottfowlerobs.blogspot.com/2012/04/keep-pounding-makes-panther-uniforms-so.html

both Danny Morrison (team president) and Jerry Richardson (owner) have said no plans to alter the Panthers uniform's look.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

HATE the new collars. WTF Nike

ApkudSUCAAAKvQE.jpg

Yeah they are pretty F*&%ing terible. I was really pumped about getting a new Bills jersey and put off buying one for a YEAR to wait for Nike, I'm starting to think id be better off buying a cheap Reebok while i can get one.

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

All that hype for most of the teams keeping the same uniforms? Wow.

The Seahawks look like an Arena football team, the numbers are so atrocious, not to mention the wordmark on the left shoulder?

The Bengals kept the white side paneling? WHY.

Such a let down, there better be some changes to the uniforms in 2013.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

The Seahawks look like an Arena football team, the numbers are so atrocious, not to mention the wordmark on the left shoulder?

Or what?

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

i pointed out the cowboys helmet stripe but it got overlooked :/

HATE the new collars. WTF Nike

Don't just blame Nike. Blame the teams, who could have said "no."

new-packers-uniform-2012.jpg

i too hate the collars, looks like theyre all wearing neck rolls

why is he even there?? what is he saying "uhhh...i like the gloves..... the cleats are cool.."

also idk if its been noted but the falcons appear to still be using the same template as well

Most everyone tried to say that most teams would stay the same. It was all a matter of believing those who had level heads or buying into the "sky is falling" types.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Is the gold for the Saints mismatched or did they fix that? Also, I thought the Cowboys were gonna fix those horrible pants of theirs?

I was wondering the same thing, and of course whether they might have taken this chance to put the b/w/b stripes back on the gold pants to match the helmet stripe. So I'm all excited and pull up the pics and...DOH DOH DOH DOH! It's the dreaded unitard!

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_FRONT_SAINTS_large.jpg?1333436383

I was in a parking lot in my truck and fortunately no one was nearby to hear me go "Niiiiiiiiiiikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" [/Wrath of Khan Kirk scream] :D

I hope this doesn't mean the monos are the default home set now. For the love of God, no.

I did like that the FDL doesn't share the sleeve with the swoosh.

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_SHOULDER_SAINTS_large.jpg?1333436406

Looks like they did a poor job of getting the pants FDL plumb:

540338_341838602530378_121195131261394_888305_2053361801_n.jpg

A few observations, pretty much all about collars:

- LOL'd at the gigantic Texans collar. Wow.

- Most of the collars look really bad, like the player is wearing half of an old FB/LB neck roll.

drken0110d.jpg

- That black ring on the new Chiefs collar looks ridiculously out of place.

- Seahawks...if that's the future of the NFL, God help us. That looks like something Boise's Arena team might wear.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I place all the blame for the horrible looking collars on the teams that decided to go with them. If you look at Nike's designs on that template in college, none of the teams use a contrasting collar. That collar was meant to be the same color as the jersey. Those teams chose to go with that collar when they could have kept their old ones like a few teams did.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Is the gold for the Saints mismatched or did they fix that? Also, I thought the Cowboys were gonna fix those horrible pants of theirs?

I was wondering the same thing, and of course whether they might have taken this chance to put the b/w/b stripes back on the gold pants to match the helmet stripe. So I'm all excited and pull up the pics and...DOH DOH DOH DOH! It's the dreaded unitard!

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_FRONT_SAINTS_large.jpg?1333436383

I was in a parking lot in my truck and fortunately no one was nearby to hear me go "Niiiiiiiiiiikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" [/Wrath of Khan Kirk scream] :D

I hope this doesn't mean the monos are the default home set now. For the love of God, no.

I did like that the FDL doesn't share the sleeve with the swoosh.

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_SHOULDER_SAINTS_large.jpg?1333436406

Looks like they did a poor job of getting the pants FDL plumb:

540338_341838602530378_121195131261394_888305_2053361801_n.jpg

A few observations, pretty much all about collars:

- LOL'd at the gigantic Texans collar. Wow.

- Most of the collars look really bad, like the player is wearing half of an old FB/LB neck roll in the team colors.

drken0110d.jpg

- That black ring on the new Chiefs collar looks ridiculously out of place.

- Seahawks...if that's the future of the NFL, God help us. That looks like something Boise's Arena team might wear.

I believe the black is just part of the shoulder pads under the jersey.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I place all the blame for the horrible looking collars on the teams that decided to go with them. If you look at Nike's designs on that template in college, none of the teams use a contrasting collar. That collar was meant to be the same color as the jersey. Those teams chose to go with that collar when they could have kept their old ones like a few teams did.

A fair point, though whoever is responsible, they look awful. This is how they should have been.

SU12_AT_NFL_UNIFORM_FLYWIRE_DOLPHINS_large.jpg?1333413296

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived