NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

HATE the new collars. WTF Nike

ApkudSUCAAAKvQE.jpg

Yeah they are pretty F*&%ing terible. I was really pumped about getting a new Bills jersey and put off buying one for a YEAR to wait for Nike, I'm starting to think id be better off buying a cheap Reebok while i can get one.

Ray Rice looks like he just joined the 1978 Chicago White Sox.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I place all the blame for the horrible looking collars on the teams that decided to go with them. If you look at Nike's designs on that template in college, none of the teams use a contrasting collar. That collar was meant to be the same color as the jersey. Those teams chose to go with that collar when they could have kept their old ones like a few teams did.

That's true, and when a team did try to keep the flywire collar with their old colored collar(Texans)it ended up looking ridiculous.

I'm also not a fan of MESH MESH EVERYWHERE MESH. And a mesh nameplate over more mesh? Sigh.

I'm sure it won't be as bad when it's not photoshopped, but it's like they're trying to design a jersey that's made up of 42 different pieces of fabric just so they can say "check out how many awesome features we engineered here" when really it's just a shirt if you boil it all down.

552954_10150635521631231_115673336230_9724080_1051671214_n.jpg

And I'd bet the numbers aren't as ginormous...at least I hope they're not.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

All that hype for most of the teams keeping the same uniforms? Wow.

The Seahawks look like an Arena football team, the numbers are so atrocious, not to mention the wordmark on the left shoulder?

The Bengals kept the white side paneling? WHY.

Such a let down, there better be some changes to the uniforms in 2013.

Most everyone tried to say that most teams would stay the same. It was all a matter of believing those who had level heads or buying into the "sky is falling" types.

And the "Sky Is Falling" Crew is already on the "Just wait for the 2013 changes!!!111"

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

apparently the texans didnt use the flywire collar, they just colored that part red. i dont see why they cant just color that piece of fabric 3/4 red and the last quarter navy to make it proportional. wouldnt be too surprised if nike makes some adjustments before kickoff next year. If the pats could get their collar right idk why everyone else couldnt.

Texans collar looks awful!

ApkiENdCIAAFwb2.jpg

Its becuase the Texans appear to be the only team to go with the flywire option and have both the flywire & collar as a completely different color from the base color of the jersey. Most teams either chose to have the flywire match the base color of the jersey or have the jersey, flywire, and color all be the same color.

They say "Everything is BIGGER in Texas." Now the Texans have the jersey collar to prove it lol

That Texans collar is fugly! So unnecessary.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

09000d5d8280d938_gallery_600.jpg

cowboys still have blue pants

If it weren't for history made in these uniforms this set would be considered utter garbage.

Agreed and I'm a Cowboys fan. But since history has been made with the weird green pants, I do not want to see the Cowboys change it. I like how all three of their uniforms reminds me of a soccer team in that none of them really have the same colors or same jersey template (Cowboys Dark Blues have the stripe going white-silver-white with their logo on it. The home and Thanksgiving alternate do not).

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

All that hype for most of the teams keeping the same uniforms? Wow.

The Seahawks look like an Arena football team, the numbers are so atrocious, not to mention the wordmark on the left shoulder?

The Bengals kept the white side paneling? WHY.

Such a let down, there better be some changes to the uniforms in 2013.

Or what?

It's a figure of speech, what are you twelve?

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

I'm really disappointed right now. Not with the uniforms, but because most teams stayed the exact same. I was looking forward to seeing new designs and ideas, like when the NHL went to RBK-EDGE.

At least the Seahawks did something new.

I was wanting more changes as well, but at least the Chiefs and the Bears stripes are not on the arms and the TV numbers are on their shoulders. These small changes make boring look better.

spacer.png

Thanks, Goth.

I do not like the "granny panties" pattern at the top of those pants (raised part that comes up from crotch towards the swoosh and then around the back).

375157_10151470881570721_57460905720_23669850_2110799398_n.jpg

Thank God it's the same color as the pants. A contrasting look has already been tried.

Adam_west_batman.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived