NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

I'm really disappointed right now. Not with the uniforms, but because most teams stayed the exact same. I was looking forward to seeing new designs and ideas, like when the NHL went to RBK-EDGE.

...which is largely regarded as a disaster for the NHL.

Sounds to me like those teams dodged a bullet. And the Seahawks' mess confirms it.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texans collar looks awful!

ApkiENdCIAAFwb2.jpg

Its becuase the Texans appear to be the only team to go with the flywire option and have both the flywire & collar as a completely different color from the base color of the jersey. Most teams either chose to have the flywire match the base color of the jersey or have the jersey, flywire, and color all be the same color.

They say "Everything is BIGGER in Texas." Now the Texans have the jersey collar to prove it lol

That Texans collar is fugly! So unnecessary.

about time the chiefs moved the numbers to the shoulders

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Can someone post a picture of the replica jerseys for the Saints and Seahawks please?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Thankfully, the Buccaneers forced the Swoosh to keep the shiny sheen for the pants. AND the correct number font--something Reebok had an issue with back in '02. (And to this day it STILL mucks up all my Super Bowl memories.) As for the jerseys...

Screenshot2012-04-03at23755PM.png

...I swear they better get that fixed before the season starts. That is just gawd-awful. Imma hold out hope it's just a protoype, and enough folks pitch a bitchfit about it to get that collar done in all black before first kickoff.

Either way it goes...after checking out some of the jerseys for sale, I am officially done buying Buccaneers NFL jerseys. Hell, maybe even "official team gear", period.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I thought the Jaguars and Panthers were getting completely new uniforms as well...

Don't think we ever had a reliable report to that effect with the Panthers, and the reports of the Jaguars were for next season or the season after that, when their 5-year uniform term is up.

It's pretty clear that the teams are to blame for the stupid collars and other changes that people don't like. In addition to the Packers, the Eagles also chose to turn down the new Nike template / material.

The Philadelphia Eagles have chosen to stay with their traditional design aesthetic as well as their former uniform fabrication this year. In addition to serving as the Eagles on-field supplier for uniforms, sideline apparel, practice wear and baselayer, Nike will provide both men?s and women?s fan wear apparel. Athletes will now also be able to wear the Nike Vapor Jet 2.0 Glove featuring the interlocking team logo on the palms.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Thankfully, the Buccaneers forced the Swoosh to keep the shiny sheen for the pants. As for the jerseys...

...I swear they better get that fixed before the season starts. That is just gawd-awful. Imma hold out hope it's just a protoype, and enough folks pitch a bitchfit about it to get that collar done in all black before first kickoff.

Either way it goes...after checking out some of the jerseys for sale, I am officially done buying Buccaneers NFL jerseys. Hell, maybe even "official team gear", period.

I'm with you on this. There's no way I'm going to fork out $100 for a jersey that looks like an 'upgraded' walmart jersey from the 90's.

I bought about a dozen blank Broncos replica jerseys a few weeks ago, didn't know that it was going to turn out to be such a good decision in this manner. Now I just need to find a place I can get them customized at.

The granny panties are also glaringly evident on Wes Welker though other teams' pants (Raiders for example) are a more traditional cut.

548369_10151470897325721_57460905720_23670082_285469484_n.jpg

Wondering why like 28/29 of the 32 teams have real players in those pics while Saints and a couple others don't. Who cares but I'm just curious about stupid stuff like that.

BTW, I can't find a good pic but my impression of the Titans helmet is that the logo is bigger than before.

@ Chawls, can't get the image but here's a

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Its kind of a shame about the Bears and Chiefs moving the sleeve numbers up to the shoulders... its a classic look. At least the Raiders are holding on to the open shoulders.

I know it's an opinion, but I dislike open shoulders. It makes uniforms look unbalanced to me. Shoulder numbers maximizes the use of available space without looking cluttered.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The granny panties are also glaringly evident on Wes Welker though other teams' pants (Raiders for example) are a more traditional cut.

Wondering why like 28/29 of the 32 teams have real players in those pics while Saints and a couple others don't. Who cares but I'm just curious about stupid stuff like that.

BTW, I can't find a good pic but my impression of the Titans helmet is that the logo is bigger than before.

@ Chawls, can't get the image but here is a link to the $100 replica (cheapest one) if that helps. They're pretty awful, especially for $100. For example, the collar is obviously thinner than on the game jersey and the swoosh is on the sleeve with the FDL. As others have said, looks like an expensive t-shirt.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I'm glad the Pats were one of the few teams to say "no" to Nike's evidently-now-patented StupidoCollar.

Raiders stuck with Ripon. Fantastic.

I like the Chiefs move of the shoulder numbers.

The Seahawks still look horrendous (and the dudebro looking over my shoulder at my computer screen during class, seeing the jerseys and saying "that :censored:'s tight, dawg!" is enough to confirm that for me).

What's going on with this? Did Nike just half-ass photoshop digits onto Welker's jersey? <_<

Yeesh...

They must've.

spacer.png

Thankfully, the Buccaneers forced the Swoosh to keep the shiny sheen for the pants. AND the correct number font--something Reebok had an issue with back in '02. (And to this day it STILL mucks up all my Super Bowl memories.) As for the jerseys...

I got really really scared last night when I heard the silver-to-grey rumours that the Bucs would end up with matte "pewter" pants or discard them entirely. This is a relief. I agree with you about the collars, though I'm not as against them as you seem to be. On some teams, I even think it looks better, such as the Vikings, Ravens and Broncos. I'm really really glad the Packers and a few others held onto the old collars, though. I'm not thrilled, but not up in arms over the Bucs collars. It could be worse. The Bills certainly look silly, simply due to color choice.

I am also SO FREAKING GLAD that the pants stripe has stayed intact. To me, that's the coolest part of the entire uniform and, honestly, I'd like it to become a helmet stripe, too.

However, I'm still holding my breath a bit about the creamsicles translating to this build, though the collars won't be a problem.

My big WTF? of this reveal is the NUMBERS ON THE BACK. Why, oh why, are they that HUGE?

My secondary WTF? is the purchasable jerseys. You appear to have three options: Expensive t-shirts, really expensive t-shirts with some mesh and twill numbers, and really really expensive accentuation of your belly in a cut that won't fit without pads. I'm going to buy up some Reebok stock.

It's pretty clear that the teams are to blame for the stupid collars and other changes that people don't like. In addition to the Packers, the Eagles also chose to turn down the new Nike template / material.

The Philadelphia Eagles have chosen to stay with their traditional design aesthetic as well as their former uniform fabrication this year. In addition to serving as the Eagles on-field supplier for uniforms, sideline apparel, practice wear and baselayer, Nike will provide both men?s and women?s fan wear apparel. Athletes will now also be able to wear the Nike Vapor Jet 2.0 Glove featuring the interlocking team logo on the palms.

Yeah, this surprised me when I first saw it. (Sorry if posted already)

7042416753_9a756cc229_c.jpg

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived