NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

Any news on when most of the changes will be formally announced? Or will it just be a series of leaks?

Certianly looks that way as of right now. The only changes or add ons we KNOW of is for Denver and Jacksonville.

What do we know is changing about Jacksonville? Was anything announced or confirmed by someone "in the know"

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, but they absolutely should. Teams should have to chose a pair of pants to wear with each given jersey and stick with it the entire year.

What are you? 98 years old?

Come back to reality for a second.

If anything, some of these stick-in-the-mud franchises (like Tennessee) should mix-and-match more often. It won't kill anyone to see your favorite team wearing a different combo once or twice a year.

This isn't 1975 anymore. Teams don't just wear one home jersey with the same color pair of pants for every game and one road jersey with one pair of pants for every game.

Any news on when most of the changes will be formally announced? Or will it just be a series of leaks?

Certianly looks that way as of right now. The only changes or add ons we KNOW of is for Denver and Jacksonville.

What do we know is changing about Jacksonville? Was anything announced or confirmed by someone "in the know"

Someone on this board said that they contacted Jacksonville's equipment manager, and he said that they were NOT going to make any uniform changes for next season. But I guess that was before Weaver sold the team, so maybe that's not the case anymore.

The other team we know about, and have discussed at length, is the Carolina Panthers.

Not Jacksonville.

Jacksonville's Equipment manager confirmed on twitter before the sale of the team that the black alternates in the current style would be coming this year for a game or two. After the team was sold the new owners son wanted fans feedback on possible uniform changes.

The other team we know about, and have discussed at length, is the Carolina Panthers.

Not Jacksonville.

Jacksonville's Equipment manager confirmed on twitter before the sale of the team that the black alternates in the current style would be coming this year for a game or two. After the team was sold the new owners son wanted fans feedback on possible uniform changes.

The sale shouldn't change anything for next season. Like with MLB or the NBA, changes & new designs take time, so teams can't do it willy nilly. Whatever they were planning for 2012 is either happening or nothing is changing. There won't be a brand new change yet.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The sale shouldn't change anything for next season. Like with MLB or the NBA, changes & new designs take time, so teams can't do it willy nilly. Whatever they were planning for 2012 is either happening or nothing is changing. There won't be a brand new change yet.

Isn't Nike getting the contract? I would imagine that changes things and that the usual timetable could be changed.

No, but they absolutely should. Teams should have to chose a pair of pants to wear with each given jersey and stick with it the entire year.

What are you? 98 years old?

Come back to reality for a second.

If anything, some of these stick-in-the-mud franchises (like Tennessee) should mix-and-match more often. It won't kill anyone to see your favorite team wearing a different combo once or twice a year.

This isn't 1975 anymore. Teams don't just wear one home jersey with the same color pair of pants for every game and one road jersey with one pair of pants for every game.

Blah, blah, blah, nonsense. Same old Bergan. But you didn't stupidly use an apostrophe to pluralize any words in this post, so maybe you are changing. There's hope for you yet!

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Someone on this board said that they contacted Jacksonville's equipment manager, and he said that they were NOT going to make any uniform changes for next season. But I guess that was before Weaver sold the team, so maybe that's not the case anymore.

The new owners son Tony Khan tweeted asking if there should be uniform changes done and that is how the rumor began.

spacer.png

Isn't Nike getting the contract? I would imagine that changes things and that the usual timetable could be changed.

That was already factored in. The Nike deal was announced a while back. The Jags sale was in December. Even with that, they aren't going to hurriedly change the uniforms. This is the NFL, not some college. They don't switch around their team identities on the whim of a new owner. I know the owner owns the team, but he isn't an independent entity. The franchise value derives from being a part of the NFL, so the NFL is going to be able to exert an immense amount of control on when teams can or can't change identities.

I'm not saying it's not happening ever, I'm just saying there is almost no chance it happens in 2012.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

That was already factored in. The Nike deal was announced a while back. The Jags sale was in December. Even with that, they aren't going to hurriedly change the uniforms. This is the NFL, not some college. They don't switch around their team identities on the whim of a new owner. I know the owner owns the team, but he isn't an independent entity. The franchise value derives from being a part of the NFL, so the NFL is going to be able to exert an immense amount of control on when teams can or can't change identities.

I'm not saying it's not happening ever, I'm just saying there is almost no chance it happens in 2012.

Jags will get a black jersey of the current style to wear as an alternate this season. Nike is also fixing the stripe inconsistencies of the jerseys and pants. The sale of the team was pretty late in the game so I dont think there will be a complete redesign for the up coming season.The season after is when I expect a change will happen to the design of the uniforms if they plan on new uniforms.

When asked on Twitter a few days ago whether the Jaguars were changing designs, equipment manager Drew Hampton replied "TBD". This is a complete 180 of what he said a few months back. This makes me think Shad Khan is clearly in talks with Nike about a change. I expect a change.

There's the link to Drew's twitter. He also told me when I asked, to expect Nike's apparel unveiling to come on April 1st.

on a sunday?

I guess. He knows more than any of us so I have no reason not to trust him. Might've been an estimate.

Here's the tweet:

Archived