NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

As I had heard (and posted here) a few teams had asked to stay with traditional Ripon-manufactured jerseys. I thought it was just four, but ended up being five. I had been told all teams would debut a Nike templated jersey today and the NFL would make a decision later. Obviously, that part was incorrect.

Nike was very unhappy that the NFL was allowing teams to remain in the previous cuts and you can bet they will make a strong run at each of these teams each off-season to at least have a templated alternate..

It seems the compromise was to have the replicas and retail jerseys be on the template, while being allowed to wear the traditional cut on-field.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike was very unhappy that the NFL was allowing teams to remain in the previous cuts and you can bet they will make a strong run at each of these teams each off-season to at least have a templated alternate..

I hope those teams stay firm. If for no other reason then that Nike needs to be told "no" more often.

Looks like raider fans will have to suffer with the price increase for just the swoosh. Our jersey is already overpriced as its the easiest to make, but now we also get the easier to make old template at the higher price.

The half off reebok authentics at raiderimage are a steal

I don't understand why the Jets don't just have one white line on the shoulder and move it closer to the sleeve. That way the sleeve piece could be white, and the uniform would execute the effect better.

I swear, nobody who's actually in the business of designing these uniforms has any motivation or common sense. I really am starting to believe that.

All things considered, Nike didn't really destroy the NFL's uniforms that much... except Seattle. :cursing:

I disagree with destroying Seattle, but I will say they improved the striping on the Bears and the Chiefs greatly.

spacer.png

10792273-standard.jpg

IMG_4200--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

IMG_4205--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

IMG_4207--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG?width=960&height=720&interpolation=bilinear

Look at this.. two different greens

I think the shoulder stripe / sleeve color treatment is even worse than Reebok's version.

How does Nike not notice how off the greens are when these were made. I mean really? You ahve a military green for the main part, then a forest green for the sleeve stripes. Also, the TV numbers are too small.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Here's a look at the ACTUAL replica jerseys.

Horrible, if you ask me.

AplFnmrCAAMuvP5.jpg

i still wanna see one in person but it looks way better here than in the Nike shop pics.

My girlfriend said it best..."looks more like a soccer jersey". Think that's spot on.

70389454.png

I'd say the fixed all of the complaints about the Jaguars unis that I had. Although I am now kind of fearing what next hear has in store for them.

I think the stripes on the jersey are a little too thin compared to the pants and the original template. I wont be satisfied until I see a lineman in the jerseys then we will see if the stripes have been fixed. Im worried too about the changes in store for the Jaguars next year. I hope they dont destroy the helmet with stupid spots or carbon stripes. I dont mind modern uniforms but not crazy wordmarks on the left side of the uniform or a huge chain link fence stripe down the middle.

Archived