Woot!

Shmee

I can't root for Canada. THey hate America, and make sure to say it every moment they get. That's not the case with many of our canucks on this board, but never-the-less it is there. WHen i was a kid i loved Canada becuase i loved hockey. I rooted for the Canucks in 1994 to win over the Rangers, because i hated the Rangers and i didn't see anything wrong with rooting for a Canadian team. However, in that time since, after hearing and seeing all of the anti-US crap coming out of Canada, i cannot bring myself to root for a canadian team or their American-hating fans.

Sorry, that's just this one :censored:'s opinion...

wasnt it bill o'reilly that called ALL canadians "marxist pinn-heads"? u hate us more then we hate u. amerixcans like u king, think that just because we dont agree with ur war, we hate u and ur troops. thats not the case. we disagree with ur forieghn policy, bur it dosnt mean we hate u. apparently u cant grasp that concept.

1--Pure hard work is an underestimate of the Flames

2--Hockey is a team sport, and as a team they have been playing very well.

3--I suppose Iginla-who leads the playoff scoring race, and tied for the Richard Trophy is just hard working, but not talented

4--Ditto Kiprusoff, Ditto Gelinas, Dittop Regehr, Ditto Conroy, etc, etc...

5--The Red Wings found out about relying on talent and not hard work

6--So with talent -eevn if it's not equal, hard work, and team work, a lot can be done...

7--Keep underestimating the Flames--I hope the Bolts do, but I doubt it...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I can't root for Canada. THey hate America, and make sure to say it every moment they get. That's not the case with many of our canucks on this board, but never-the-less it is there. WHen i was a kid i loved Canada becuase i loved hockey. I rooted for the Canucks in 1994 to win over the Rangers, because i hated the Rangers and i didn't see anything wrong with rooting for a Canadian team. However, in that time since, after hearing and seeing all of the anti-US crap coming out of Canada, i cannot bring myself to root for a canadian team or their American-hating fans.

Sorry, that's just this one :censored:'s opinion...

wasnt it bill o'reilly that called ALL canadians "marxist pinn-heads"? u hate us more then we hate u. amerixcans like u king, think that just because we dont agree with ur war, we hate u and ur troops. thats not the case. we disagree with ur forieghn policy, bur it dosnt mean we hate u. apparently u cant grasp that concept.

I'm not Bill O'Reilly, or Sean Hannity (who i hate with a fuxking passion).

It's not just about the current war. Throughout the 20th Century into the 21st there has been an angry, jealous tone coming our way from Canada. Everything that is, or that has anything to do with America, sucks. Our Beer, our women, our schools, our healthcare system (Which is doing a :censored:load better that Canada's), our sports teams, our cities, our government, our food, our music, the list is endless. Not to mention the fact that Canadians claim their country has invented many things that were no where NEAR canada at the time of their invention.

Canada's hatred of the United States doesn't just stem from this Terror War, it stems from history. And as much as i appreciate the hockey heritage of Canada, and as much as i respect everything Canadian that is in the game of hockey, I can not root for a Canadian team.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Yeah, your healthcare is doing better.....for those with insurance....there are so many people in the US that can't afford it. There's just a lot of tension here becasue the US doesn't think of us as a real country with real opinions. We're just your little bit*h in most American's opinions. I'm happy a new generation is coming that doesn't settle for that, that speaks up when they disagree.

Yeah, I know Hannity's a lying jerk, as is Limbaugh. O'reilly's a jerk, and I disagree with him, but he actually has credibility(Damn good writer, too; though he shouldn't yell at others for dirty language...)

This not worth wasting my emotions and energy relpying to this...

JQK... Your comments truly hurt and disgust me. Get your fluffing facts straight before you post that bullplop.

That's all I'm going to say.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

America Jr..... I mean Canada do envy the Americans in many ways. Why do you think a lot of musicans, actors and comedians come to the US? JOK is wrong that we hate Americans. If Canadians hate Americans, then why do we buy into American products?

This hatred from Canada probably stems from the ignorance and arrogance that Americans have. Which is actually fine by me because I'll bet British Columbians are probably ignorant of Newfoundlanders and everyone hates Toronto, right?

As proud of a Canadian as I am, we do depend on the US and need the US on an econmic level.

On a political level, I'm glad Canada was not part of the war on Iraq (the war on terror is a different story) not because it's a war, but because we stuck to an opinion and not give in to the US to change our minds ... plus we don't have the resources. :D

I saw, I came, I left.

America Jr..... I mean Canada do envy the Americans in many ways. Why do you think a lot of musicans, actors and comedians come to the US? JOK is wrong that we hate Americans. If Canadians hate Americans, then why do we buy into American products?

This hatred from Canada probably stems from the ignorance and arrogance that Americans have. Which is actually fine by me because I'll bet British Columbians are probably ignorant of Newfoundlanders and everyone hates Toronto, right?

As proud of a Canadian as I am, we do depend on the US and need the US on an econmic level.

On a political level, I'm glad Canada was not part of the war on Iraq (the war on terror is a different story) not because it's a war, but because we stuck to an opinion and not give in to the US to change our minds ... plus we don't have the resources. :D

That's pretty accurate.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

On a political level, I'm glad Canada was not part of the war on Iraq (the war on terror is a different story) not because it's a war, but because we stuck to an opinion and not give in to the US to change our minds ... plus we don't have the resources.  :D

That's pretty accurate.

I have no problem with Canadians hating America, or having strong opinions against America, or anything. That's Fine by me. Opinions are opinions, everyone should have them.

But don't come down on me because i have a natural, mutual dislike and annoyance with Canada because of their feelings and opinions twords my country.

Anyways, enough with this, I think this argument has gone on for years, and will never be ended, so let's just go back to talking about how the Lightning are gonna kick the moosecrap outta Calgary...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Anyways, enough with this, I think this argument has gone on for years, and will never be ended, so let's just go back to talking about how the Lightning are gonna kick the moosecrap outta Calgary...

Now THAT I can agree on.

I saw, I came, I left.

i dont think most canadians hate america. however recently the government of canada has taken a very anti-american stance. i think canada is an awesome country and i want to visit, but lately many canadians have gone way way to the left and thus have taken an anti-american stance. i know it is not every canadian, it is just a trend i've been noticing. canada and the u.s. despite recent disagreements are fairly good friends b/c we pretty much have to be.

as for bill o'reilly, he does not HATE canadians. i listen to and watch the factor every day and just a few days ago he explained his stance. he doesnt hate canadians he just taken an issue with some of the extreme left wing press in canada who constantly tries to villify him (FYI, oreilly has just as many problems with our press) and the left wing government that does things like calling our president a "moron". o'reilly wants canada to return our deserters b/c that is the right thing to do. he doesnt hate candians just b/c he disagrees just like all canadians dont hate americans just b/c they disagree. however, there is extreme rhetoric on both sides and i imagine it is just as frustrating for you guys as it is for us. but i do think there has been an extremly anti-american trend from some on the left since bush came into power, and that tends to frustrate those of us who actually like our president.

i disagree with bush-bashing just for the sake of bush-bashing, and the same with blatant anti-americanism, but i dont blame every single canadian, just those who use extreme rhetoric.

Azzuri.gif

Just one thing about the past post: Just becasue someone or something is more "leftward"(And trust me, our press is most certainly not), DOES NOT MEAN they hate America...I most certainly don't hate America....

Now, back to hockey....Flames in 6

yes, back to hockey....as much as i want my boy Chris Simon to lift the cup. And as cool as it would be to see Oliwa take it on a trip to Poland (my mother coutry :P ) i must say the lightning are just too talented.

my heart is with the flames but my head is with the lightning

TB in 5 (maybe 6)

Azzuri.gif

Calgary is in alberta the least left province in Canada--in fact it's much more right leaning--the only beef Alberta has with the US is their inconsistency and unreasonableness with the whole mad cow contorversy---

Other than climate and a few others--in many ways Alberta is a lot like Texas.

So you would probably find more US supporters here than anywhere else in Canada...

But thta's politics, what's it got to do with hockey?

If you want to cheer for a team based in your country--go ahead, if you don't that's fine too...

In each of the Oilers' 6 Cup final appearances (lost 1 won 5) I was cheering for the other team--especially the Islanders, although it was tough to cheer for the Flyers)

In the Canucks 2 appearances I was cheering for the Islanders, then the Rangers.

I've always cheered for the Habs in the finals, except the 2 times they played the Flames

If I live to see TO or Ottawa in the finals--it depends who they play--but I would probably cheer for Ottawa...

And I do have Canadian reasons for some of those choices...

But I've been a Calgary Flames fan since day 1--so I'm cheering for them, and will be glued to the TV tomorrow night--

:flagcanada::flagcanada:

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

There's just a lot of tension here becasue the US doesn't think of us as a real country with real opinions. We're just your little bit*h in most American's opinions. I'm happy a new generation is coming that doesn't settle for that, that speaks up when they disagree.

Yeah, I know Hannity's a lying jerk, as is Limbaugh. O'reilly's a jerk, and I disagree with him, but he actually has credibility(Damn good writer, too; though he shouldn't yell at others for dirty language...)

amen!

and jqk- it honestly conferts me to know that not all americans love o'reilley, hannity, and limbaugh. ive lived in the states for almost half a year (be back in kitchener in a week :D ), and everybody i talk to loves them.

onto hockey- flames in 6. calgary has beeten the top three teams in the west. there is no way tampa is more talented then detroit.

go flames go!!! :flagcanada:

The way these 2 teams got to the finals reminds me a bit of of last year. Tampa like th Devils last year had a pretty easy first 2 rounds followed by a very tought 3rd round. Clagary has had to go through the big teams much like the Ducks last year (The Flames have had to go through 1 more tough opponet than the Ducks). Calgary may be worn out more than Tampa. I think tampa will win in 6, although I will be rooting for the Flames since I'm not a big fan of Tampa (outside of Andryechuk).

Interseting, someone hasn't posted about Tampa moving on since game 7. :D

Archived