2012 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

Back on topic, I can't believe it's taken this long for Schottenheimer's name to be bandied about again. You'd have thought he'd went 2-14 in his last season instead of 14-2.

In regards to the Mularkey hire: While I think it's an odd choice, maybe he's learned something since his last gig. I'm sure Jags fans hope he has. Also, some dude named Belichick didn't exactly 'wow' people with his first coaching stint, either -- and we all know how that turned out.

That's not a bad comparrison actually. Mularkey had a decent record in two seasons in Buffalo (14-18), and he resigned rather than getting sacked. Bellichick's record in Cleveland was ok. Decent if not exciting appointment.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What in the world is Jacksonville thinking? To borrow a phrase, the Falcons couldn't do diddly poo offensively despite trading all those picks for Julio Jones and having a (supposedly) franchise QB, an outstanding TE, another premium (if often butterfingered) WR, and a workhorse running back. Then in the playoffs they're outscored by their own defense and this guy lands a head coaching gig a few days later? Unbelieveable.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

What in the world is Jacksonville thinking? To borrow a phrase, the Falcons couldn't do diddly poo offensively despite trading all those picks for Julio Jones and having a (supposedly) franchise QB, an outstanding TE, another premium (if often butterfingered) WR, and a workhorse running back. Then in the playoffs they're outscored by their own defense and this guy lands a head coaching gig a few days later? Unbelieveable.

Hasn't this been Jacksonville's existence post-Coughlin?

f067e0dd.gif

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

As Schottenheimer hits the road, Jets hold a bash Mark Sanchez party

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-players-bash-mark-sanchez-peyton-manning-gm-mike-tannenbaum-trade-young-quarterback-article-1.1004395

?We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice,? said one player. ?He?s lazy and content because he knows he?s not going to be benched.?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm hoping that I don't wake up tomorrow to the news that the Bears are giving Ruskell GM duties. Please, if there is any sort of higher power, he cannot allow such a cruel fleeting hope to be dashed with such an ignorant move.

Have you noticed that you are the only person here crying about the theoretical hire which hasn't happened yet? Nobody else is talking about it. Sure, the media is saying "OMG! The Bears might strike out and end up promoting Ruskell!", but that is just because they are parasites who need something to write about, and since the Bears haven't named a new GM (after 7 friggin days), they are throwing that out there to get fans worked up so they read or listen in every day. Sure, if the Bears did hire Ruskell, it would be a very bad move. However, they haven't hired, interviewed, of given any indication they plan on interviewing him. So maybe wait for them to actually screw up before you bitch about them screwing up.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

7th in points, 10th in total yards, 8th in passing yards hardly seems like diddly poo, especially from the point of view of an OC with head coaching experience.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

7th in points, 10th in total yards, 8th in passing yards hardly seems like diddly poo, especially from the point of view of an OC with head coaching experience.

But when it counted, against quality teams, and in their playoff games over the last several seasons, they've failed miserably.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Hasn't this been Jacksonville's existence post-Coughlin?

f067e0dd.gif

I dunno - wasn't Coughlin already gone that one year when they went in to Pittsburgh and won a playoff game?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

But when it counted, against quality teams, and in their playoff games over the last several seasons, they've failed miserably.

True enough, but there aren't a ton of quality coordinators around at the moment, for whatever reason, and the Jaguars don't have much to lure a retired proven coach like Gruden or Billick or Cowher out of the TV studio. So you aren't goin g to find a perfect hire right now. My guess is that a lot of Head Coaching appointments this cycle are going to be a bit underwhelming.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Jets hold a bash Mark Sanchez party

?We have to bring in another quarterback that will make him work at practice,? said one player. ?He?s lazy and content because he knows he?s not going to be benched.?

How can other Jets players NOT be disappointed with Mark Sanchez? He was the 5th overall pick three years ago, and was supposed to be the future of the team. Mike Tannenbaum placed talent all around him: Holmes, Plaxico, Braylon, Mason, Greene, Tomlinson, Keller... Yet the Jets continued to win games and make two consecutive AFC Championship Games despite of Sanchez. I believe the Jets would've been a playoff team this year had Sanchez not imploded in games against the Broncos and Dolphins with crippling interceptions. You don't ever see "elite" quarterbacks make those the kind of mistakes Sanchez continues to make, as he continues to show no improvemt whatsoever. His teammates see exactly what the fans do, and that's gotta by why they just threw his ass under bus.

....And if Peyton Manning is available and you need to upgrade at quarterback, hell yeah you get him!

6uXNWAo.png

How can other Jets players NOT be disappointed with Mark Sanchez? He was the 5th overall pick three years ago, and was supposed to be the future of the team. Mike Tannenbaum placed talent all around him: Holmes, Plaxico, Braylon, Mason, Greene, Tomlinson, Keller... Yet the Jets continued to win games and make two consecutive AFC Championship Games despite of Sanchez. I believe the Jets would've been a playoff team this year had Sanchez not imploded in games against the Broncos and Dolphins with crippling interceptions. You don't ever see "elite" quarterbacks make those the kind of mistakes Sanchez continues to make, as he continues to show no improvemt whatsoever. His teammates see exactly what the fans do, and that's gotta by why they just threw his ass under bus.

....And if Peyton Manning is available and you need to upgrade at quarterback, hell yeah you get him!

Nothing they said was wrong, but they should have maned up and put their name to the story.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Nothing they said was wrong, but they should have maned up and put their name to the story.

True. But I'm sure it's safe to assume this is coming from either a defensive player or Santonio Holmes.

6uXNWAo.png

What in the name of Herman Edwards is going on here? HELLO!!

(And by the way, that's "manned" up, Frank.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Sometimes unnamed sources means we made this stuff up, either that or the person who told us is such a nobody that it would discredit our story to tell you who it was.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

What in the name of Herman Edwards is going on here? HELLO!!

(And by the way, that's "manned" up, Frank.)

I did hear Herm this morning and I agreed completly.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Bears will interview Jason Licht of Patriots, Phil Emery of Chiefs, Jimmy Raye of Chargers and Marc Ross of Giants for GM position.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived