2012 NFL Offseason Thread

Cujo

Per Adam Schefter.

Dolphins plan on hiring Packers OC Joe Philbin. Good for Joe, after the week he's had I wish him all the best in Miami.

Now lets promote Tom Clements to OC, before he gets brought in by somebody.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Avatar-sake facing up to five years behind bars for drug trafficking.

Atta boy Jerome!

Both Jerome Simpson & Adam Jones are facing legal problems again. These were the only two Bengals invited to the Florence Freedom Celebrity Softball Game. Jones didn't show (he would have been on my team), but that night was when he ended up in the neck brace and got into the trouble that he currently facing. Simpson showed up (thankfully was not on my team), and must have been high at the time. Obviously the Florence Freedom Celebrity Game had a large impact on the Bengals offseason. :P

Dolphins plan on hiring Packers OC Joe Philbin. Good for Joe, after the week he's had I wish him all the best in Miami.

Let the "Matt Flynn to Miami" rumors begin!

Also, the Colts plan on interviewing Jim Tressel!? :therock:

6uXNWAo.png

First thing I thought of.

Miami wasn't bad enough for Luck or Griffin, they obviously don't have a ton of confidence in Henne or Moore. It's not like the cupboard is bare in South Beach, good group of solid players down there and Flynn learned behind one of the best, so he'll have a good offensive line and some weapons to work with. If I'm Flynn I want to go to Miami asap now.

Well, as you may or may not know, many Man U fans are still angry with Ol' Man Glazer a/ for his handling of the club since he bought it, and b/ for sinking the team into the red when, previous to that, they had been operating in the black. Maybe this their retaliation against him... :P

Also, this was kinda funny...

If the fans in St. Louis don't want to watch the Rams, why would people in London?

I prefer this Shutdown Corner quote:

The Rams. Congratulations, England. Imagine what team we'd send to a country we don't like.

/I'm going to need a lot more pictures of British warships sinking.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

From your fingers to god's ears.

Matt Flynn would be a great addition.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

From your fingers to god's ears.

Matt Flynn would be a great addition.

Does Tressell have any NFL experience? Other than watching videos for the Colts last year?

And Dolphins fans would do well to consider the examples of Matt Cassell and Kevin Kolb before getting to excited at the prospect of Matt Flynn.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

They'd also do well to consider the examples of Mark Brunell and Matt Hasselbeck, both of whom were pretty good backups behind His Holy Favreness in Green Bay before moving on to become pretty good starters elsewhere. (Hell--their current starter was a pretty good backup behind His Holy Favreness who's now a pretty good starter in his own right.)

Point being that teams looking to mine starting QBs from other teams' crops could do worse than Green Bay's stable...and they've got a recent track record of success to back it up.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I am not saying Flynn would be a flameout, but 2 starts, 1-1 record, for a 7th round pick who backed up Jamarcus Russell at LSU aren't the kind of stats to guarantee a success. Unless the 'Fins can pull a trade to move up in the draft out of the bag, then Flynn may be Miami's best hope right now.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Flynn won a National Title as a starter. Joe Philbin maybe didn't call the plays, but he sure as hell had a say in what Flynn and Rodgers did. Matt Flynn will be fine, just have to surround him with a good group, something that Matt Cassel still doesn't have, and something Kevin Kolb wished he had.

Hey, Kevin Kolb has Larry Fitzgerald! And he has...has...ummmmm....

...well the Cardinals had a good defense this season!

(Why am I arguing for that guy? He doesn't even have a starting job right now...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Last I knew it was John Skelton (?)...but who knows?

Last I knew it was John Skelton (?)...but who knows?

Yeah it was John Skelton (who was very Tebow-like in his second-half season surge. Struggle for a while, pull it together in the 2nd half while the defense holds down their end.)

The problem is that Kolb is making as much money as he is and will get his shot again next season. Skelton vs Kolb will be pretty interesting next training camp.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived