College Hockey Concepts

MDGP

Minor nitpick: the Reebok logo on the back should be the wordmark instead of the vector.

Minor nitpick: If you would watch college hockey, you would know that NCAA RBK Edge jerseys don't follow the same principles as the NHL. Pre-2011/12 season, they had the vector, like the NHL, but this year, there is no vector or wordmark. It is blank. NOTE: Before this season, NCAA teams that wore RBK Edge jerseys (the only one I know of before this season was North Dakota, this year there are a lot more) already had the wordmark on the front chest, setting the trend for the NHL jerseys.

Also, if you want to get picky, Boston College wears Under Armour jerseys. Northeastern doesn't work RBK Edge jerseys either, though I can't tell you what kind (and don't care to look). Providence wears Gemini Athletic Wear. Vermont, though, does indeed wear RBK Edge.

The concepts are nice though. They keep the college feel and still look great. As cool as the numbers look on NU's jerseys on a computer screen, it wouldn't fly when on the ice. The majority of college games are still broadcast in standard definition, if at all, which would make the numbers tough to see. North Dakota changed their number colors last year for better TV viewing and they aren't as "unique" as those. On UND's whites, they had green numbers with white and black outlining. On the blacks, they had green with black and white outlining. In person, it was easy to see, but on TV, it was challenging for some viewers because the numbers don't pop as much.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, very observant! Yes, I realized before starting this project that most of the teams did not wear Reebok (Maine and Mass wear Adidas, UNH and BU wear Bauer). However, I couldn't find a different template that I liked, so I just decided to give every team the edge look. I also didn't know that about the reebok's vector and wordmark. I never really watched teams who wore reebok, so I just assumed that they followed the lead of the NHL. Unfortunately, being at college has greatly limited my sports watching ability, so a lot of these are based on memory from a few years back, so if you notice anything else that is wrong, definitely let me know and I'll fix it.

As for the Northeastern numbers, I definitely see what you mean about visibility. That was actually the one thing I thought could've presented an issue. Originally I was going to go with solid numbers, but it didn't look right. However, I can go back and see if there are other options that work.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Wow, that looks sweet. I love the "V" themed striping all around.

For your other concepts, I'd ditch the Bettman piping for the Friars and add arm striped for the Huskies.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Minor nitpick: If you would watch college hockey, you would know that NCAA RBK Edge jerseys don't follow the same principles as the NHL. Pre-2011/12 season, they had the vector, like the NHL, but this year, there is no vector or wordmark. It is blank. NOTE: Before this season, NCAA teams that wore RBK Edge jerseys (the only one I know of before this season was North Dakota, this year there are a lot more) already had the wordmark on the front chest, setting the trend for the NHL jerseys.

Sorry, I don't watch college hockey. Thanks for the correction.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Time to post the next team, the MInutemen of Massachusetts. UMass currently have uniforms with the wordmark/number combo as a crest and Northwestern striping. They are okay, but could be much better.

For my design, I wanted to with a combination modern and traditional look. UMass has a logo that uses black and silver liberally, so I figured I would include those in the uniforms to give them a bit more pop. The striping on the uniforms is a Red-Silver-Black design that I made standard throughout the entire set. On the road uniforms (or any other red portion) the striping stays the same, but the red stripe matches the uniforms, and disappears (trust me, it looks way better than a white or silver shoulder yoke). I also placed the minuteman logo on the front to round things out.

UMassMinutemen_zps893149b6.png

After this, I will be presenting my special Beanpot uniforms for BC, BU, Northeastern, and Harvard. I want to get these out before the tournament begins.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

You've definitely created some great uni's so far.

The college RBK template currently has the Reebok wordmark on front only, nothing on back.

Just to reiterate what everyone else has said, the Vermont jersey you created is awesome. I think part of what makes it look so cool is the green-yellow combo. Green isn't used enough in hockey and really looks good when used properly. I can't wait to see more.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

Today I present my special Beanpot Tournament uniforms! For those who do not know, the Beanpot is an annual tournament that features the four schools from the Boston area, Boston University, Boston College, Northeastern, and Harvard. I originally wasn't going to make special uniforms for the event, however, I was perusing the NHL uniform database for some possible ideas for BC, I came up with what I thought to be the perfect idea. Seeing as the Bruins won the Stanley Cup this year, what if all the teams in the Beanpot celebrated by wearing a uniform inspired by the uniforms won by the Bruins during their previous five championships? At first I figured this wouldn't work, but to my surprise, every championship would give the four beanpot teams a very distinct design. Some miscellaneous design elements include a lack of names and captaincy patches, and each team has the Bruins logo as a shouler patch to further commemorate the championship.

So, without further ado, let's begin!

Boston College: The Eagles are based on the uniform worn during the Bruins' first championship in 1929. The thing that strays away from the original uniforms the most is the addition of white in the striping patterns. I felt that the tri-colored design looked stronger. The home is white and uses Maroon as the primary color for striping as the gold would've been too light. The road uniform might be my favorite of the entire Hockey East Series, with a maroon base and primarily gold striping. I'd also like to note that I went with a darker brown as a reference to the darker color seen in older BC logos (It also looks better this way than with the current maroon). Original Uniforms

BCEaglesBeanpot.png

Northeastern: The Huskies are based on the uniform from the 1939 run. For Northeastern, I'm not a fan of using a triple stripe look, as I feel the school's logos lend themselves to a double stripe look. So, every part of the Bruins' uniforms that include a triple stripe have been modified into a double stripe. Also, the number on the front of the original uniform has been replaced with Northeastern's logo and the arm logos have been replaced with TV numbers. Original Uniforms

NortheasternHuskiesBeanpot.png

Boston University: The Terriers are a mashup of the uniforms used in 1941. Both the script and front number are utilized since BU uses a similar style on their uniforms. From the gold uniforms I took the hem stripe, and the white uniforms I took the arm stripes (though they are only one color for BU). Once again, the shoulder logos are replaced with TV numbers. Original Uniforms

BUTerriersBeanpot.png

Harvard: The Crimson are based on both the 1970 and 1972 uniforms, which incidentally, are identical (a lucky break for me). These are similar to what the Bruins wear now, and the biggest difference between these and Harvard's are the use of crimson as the main color for Harvard's roads. Black is prominent on the white uniforms, as I found it created a stronger look than crimson did. I almost went with a spoked H design for the crest, but I didn't really like the look and opted to go with a regular H. Original uniforms

HarvardCrimsonBeanpot.png

There you have it! Let's get some C+C for all of these!

The only thing I could suggest is making the BC Beanpot jerseys use their former yellow-gold color. I don't think it's necessarily a better jersey with the color tweak, but because you are paying homage to the past teams, I think it could be a nice change.

SIG1.png

SIG2.pngSIG3.png

Northeastern- You got rid of that awful, possessed-Cujo looking logo! Thank you, that thing is terrible.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Here's an updated version of the BC Beanpot uniform with yellow replacing gold. I also added a bit of red to the brown in order to lighten the color a bit.

ScreenShot2012-01-26at25834PM.png

PS...I HATE B*ston C*llege. (edited for profanity)

Why, I completely forgot to add the censors! I've been being highly profane in several of my posts!

Haha, I'm a Maine fan, so I completely understand the hatred for BC.

Archived