New DC Comics & DC Entertainment Logos

BrySmalls

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's very versatile, and I like it a lot (a complete 180 on my part, considering I hated it when I saw the low-res black and white images), but I don't think it's better then the DC "bullet" introduced in the 70s. That will always be the iconic "DC Comics" logo to me.

• 3 months later...

when i first saw the black/white version i wasnt too impressed. great concept (revealing a hidden identity) but poor execution and it lacks something to connect with.

but seeing these applications on the book and with the hero identities i really like it. it makes that concept even stronger. i still hate the harsh gradients, that looks terrible, but overall its a fantastic identity.

im kind of torn on the typography. its well done and is a nice typeface, but cant help feel its too boring as well. simply adding color to it could be an alright solution.

My attitude towards it is this. ^^

EDIT: Holy crap, didn't notice how dead this thread was. I pulled this up from Google.

zombie-thread.png

• 3 months later...

I love it.

I love when brand logos are revolored to match its application. Beautifully done.

Similarly, I've always liked the MLB's use of team colored logos on uniforms and caps, I wish the NFL, possibly the NBA, would do something similar.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love it.

I love when brand logos are revolored to match its application. Beautifully done.

Similarly, I've always liked the MLB's use of team colored logos on uniforms and caps, I wish the NFL, possibly the NBA, would do something similar.

The NFL would never allow their shield to be modified.

Archived