Dallas Stars Logo - Update 3 Now with Alt Logos

Jared222

The fist update is great, but it does scream Mariners. I'm not a fan of the "D" or the duller colour scheme, but option "C" looks magnificent.

I agree it looks very Seattle / Saskatchewan esq with an S , so it leaves me with the D or maybe I try Stars instead of one letter

can you try dallas instead? two stars would look cool. i like A and C the best. can you also try using black on A?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

After all feedback on the recent update I think that the D logo is the one most people prefer. So now I think it comes down to colour scheme. The old North Stars inspired theme or the current Dallas Colour scheme tweaked a bit. Here are the 2 side by side to help you decide.

FinalDLogo.jpg

I also did a couple Alt logo Ideas because it looks like I may take this concept all the way with jerseys and everything. C&C welcomed as always

DallasAlts.jpg

After all feedback on the recent update I think that the D logo is the one most people prefer. So now I think it comes down to colour scheme. The old North Stars inspired theme or the current Dallas Colour scheme tweaked a bit. Here are the 2 side by side to help you decide.

FinalDLogo.jpg

I also did a couple Alt logo Ideas because it looks like I may take this concept all the way with jerseys and everything. C&C welcomed as always

DallasAlts.jpg

I'd love to see the alt 1 in Green and Gold

FinalDLogo.jpg

Love the one on the left, although I don't know if I'm digging the beveling on the star. I'd either lose the beveling all together, or give the D some depth as well.

FinalDLogo.jpg

Love the one on the left, although I don't know if I'm digging the beveling on the star. I'd either lose the beveling all together, or give the D some depth as well.

I was never fully sold on the bevel either , but in the earlier incarnation the star seemed to dull and I didnt know how else to make it pop. It may not need anything with the new design though.

I prefer the D to the S--but I'd like to see the D slanted to the right--like it's moving--this looks a little too static.

And I like the North Stars colours better--but both colour sets work...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I agree that adding some movement to the D would put the design over the top. I really love the black Alt logo, but can't decide which of the primaries I prefer. Have you considered adding just a little bit of black to the kelly green and yellow gold one? Maybe just outline the star in black and make the negative space between the outer green circle and inner gold circle black as well? I hate BFBS as much as the next guy, but in this case I think it would really make the whole thing pop.

I think what's missing is that the original North Stars logo had serifs, which this logo doesn't.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I think you could add "Dallas" to Alt 2 and use it as your primary and use the "D" as the secondary.

I have actually been toying with that idea

I think what's missing is that the original North Stars logo had serifs, which this logo doesn't.

I agree and I tried it with a serif at the top but it didnt work to my liking and I was also trying to keep the Dallas font close to how it is now

I like it, but i feel the D is too wide. Nice work though, very cool you keep tweaking to get it right.

Also something I have been playing with every time I look at , I actually made it wider when I did my last update

Archived