Jared222

Dallas Stars Logo - Update 3 Now with Alt Logos

The fist update is great, but it does scream Mariners. I'm not a fan of the "D" or the duller colour scheme, but option "C" looks magnificent.

I agree it looks very Seattle / Saskatchewan esq with an S , so it leaves me with the D or maybe I try Stars instead of one letter

can you try dallas instead? two stars would look cool. i like A and C the best. can you also try using black on A?

I like the 'D' version over the 'S'. I personally prefer when a single-letter logo represents the city rather than the nickname. And I can't decide between choices A and C. Both work well.

After all feedback on the recent update I think that the D logo is the one most people prefer. So now I think it comes down to colour scheme. The old North Stars inspired theme or the current Dallas Colour scheme tweaked a bit. Here are the 2 side by side to help you decide.

FinalDLogo.jpg

I also did a couple Alt logo Ideas because it looks like I may take this concept all the way with jerseys and everything. C&C welcomed as always

DallasAlts.jpg

I'd love to see the alt 2 in the Dallas Stars colours. Really hope you decide to do jerseys as well.

After all feedback on the recent update I think that the D logo is the one most people prefer. So now I think it comes down to colour scheme. The old North Stars inspired theme or the current Dallas Colour scheme tweaked a bit. Here are the 2 side by side to help you decide.

FinalDLogo.jpg

I also did a couple Alt logo Ideas because it looks like I may take this concept all the way with jerseys and everything. C&C welcomed as always

DallasAlts.jpg

I'd love to see the alt 1 in Green and Gold

The kelly-green yellow-gold ones are ridiculously good looking.

FinalDLogo.jpg

Love the one on the left, although I don't know if I'm digging the beveling on the star. I'd either lose the beveling all together, or give the D some depth as well.

FinalDLogo.jpg

Love the one on the left, although I don't know if I'm digging the beveling on the star. I'd either lose the beveling all together, or give the D some depth as well.

I was never fully sold on the bevel either , but in the earlier incarnation the star seemed to dull and I didnt know how else to make it pop. It may not need anything with the new design though.

I prefer the D to the S--but I'd like to see the D slanted to the right--like it's moving--this looks a little too static.

And I like the North Stars colours better--but both colour sets work...

I agree that adding some movement to the D would put the design over the top. I really love the black Alt logo, but can't decide which of the primaries I prefer. Have you considered adding just a little bit of black to the kelly green and yellow gold one? Maybe just outline the star in black and make the negative space between the outer green circle and inner gold circle black as well? I hate BFBS as much as the next guy, but in this case I think it would really make the whole thing pop.

I think what's missing is that the original North Stars logo had serifs, which this logo doesn't.

I think you could add "Dallas" to Alt 2 and use it as your primary and use the "D" as the secondary.

I have actually been toying with that idea

I think what's missing is that the original North Stars logo had serifs, which this logo doesn't.

I agree and I tried it with a serif at the top but it didnt work to my liking and I was also trying to keep the Dallas font close to how it is now

I like it, but i feel the D is too wide. Nice work though, very cool you keep tweaking to get it right.

Also something I have been playing with every time I look at , I actually made it wider when I did my last update